Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Good and Helpful Doctor show details Good and Helpful Doctor
Apr 29th, 2015

I was on the downslide in 1988. I visited Dr Witte in May 1988 and he gave me the most thorough exam I ever had in my life. His diagnosis I was suffering from clinical depression and my neurological exam was normal. He put me on a few drugs Xanax and Elavil which I took for 6 months and came off them without incident. I recall one time his instructions were to take a higher dose and it had a bad reaction on me. I informed him and called me back and the problem was resolved. He was beneficial in my recovery. He was also understanding kind and you could communicate with him. He complimented me on my dramatic improvement and I let him know that he was a good portion of it. Thank you Dr Witte and all the best.

Warning! show details Warning!
Jan 7th, 2015

DO NOT EVER trust this doctor to treat any elderly patient. He was called in to evaluate my father when he was hospitalized at Capital Health Hospital for an infection. My father had some mild to moderate cognitive problems and Dr. Witte was called in on a consult by another doctor. Because my father wanted to go home and tried to get up and leave one night, this doctor ordered that my father be given Haldol , a terrible drug which can have potentially deadly consequences for the elderly. No one in the family was told that our father was given this medication. When we asked day after day why our father was not waking up at all, we were lied to. It was not until a family member overheard a nurse talking about giving this terrible drug to our father that we discovered what was happening. The first sentence of the pharmaceutical literature for Haldol issues a warning of increased risk of death for elderly patients. I can attest that if we had not overheard this conversation and demanded that this drug be stopped, our beautiful father would not be with us today. I would not want any other family to go through the nightmare that our family went through fighting to save our father. This doctor should be stripped of his medical license and should not have privileges at any hospital. He couldn't even follow the primary principle of the Hippocratic Oath - First, do no harm. I would not give him any stars, but had to check one to put in this review.

unfit doctor show details unfit doctor
Apr 16th, 2014

This unfit loon should lose his license. He has no understanding of medicine, and treats people like dirt. He misreads mri's, and is unfit and a liar.

by John C., Monroe NJ Oct. 1, 2013 on Oct 6th, 2013

Dr. Witte is a physician of the highest caliber who will listen clearly to your problem, do a complete exam and then come up with a plan of action. His staff is not only pleasant but extremely helpful. I was extremely fortunate to find him, he already has me on the road to recovery.

by Cathi H on Jun 18th, 2013

My first appt with Dr. Witte was April 29, 2013 and my husband and I found him to be extremely helpful in my situation. He took the time to listen and found the best treatment for me. We loved himm he is very knowledgeable and VERY kind and has an awesome bedside manner. I would recommend him to everyone ! he is also very compasionate! LOVE DR. WITTE!

Jun 18th, 2012

Best neurologist in the state!

BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER VISITED show details BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER VISITED
Jun 16th, 2011

DR. WITTE IS A FRIENDLY EASY TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS PERSON. HE LISTENS AND VALUES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. HE ENCOURAGES YO TO ASK QUESTIONS. HE EXPLAINS THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN VARIOUS COURSES OF TREATMENT AND INVOLVES YOU IN A DISCUSSION TO HELP DECIDE WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR SITUATION. HE ALWAYS CALLS TO FOLLOW UP TO SEE HOW I AM DOING WHEN WE MAKE CHANGES IN MY TREATMENT. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

No show show details No show
Mar 25th, 2011

2 hrs before appt, office calls to say does not take seizure disorders?? Waited over 1 month for this appt!Not reliable, suspect.

Nov 24th, 2009

Dr. Witte is a caring, informed, punctual doctor. He listens to your issues and discusses possible options for care. Together you determine an approach based on your life situation. He tweaks until both parties are satisfied with the results. I would recommend Dr. Witte to anyone in need of a neurologist.

Leo Jablonski,P.E. show details Leo Jablonski,P.E.
by lLeo Jablonski on Sep 3rd, 2009

I think your survey questions cover everything that's importanDr. Witte seems to know the right questions to ask to get to the real problem and then plans accordingly