Dr. Art Snyder MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Las Cruces, NM

• Good
  • Bad

January 7th, 2016
Do not know what I would do without his help! He has made my life bearable.

December 16th, 2014
Horrible staff
I have been with doctor Snyder for twelve years. In the past four years he has had two office manager and both of them send you bills that go back two years. I paid what they asked last time but now that it happened again I appealed it and Doctor Snyder refused to see me. They have two hour lunches and don't start answering the phones until 9:00 am. Impossible to get in touch with them. So disappointed that after all this time he chose the dollar over my health.

May 24th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have been to several doctors for my symptoms over many years and they never got anywhere. After seeing Dr Snyder, I feel like I am on my way to getting better. He is the best doctor I have ever been to. Very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I had no problems with his office staff on my first visit. They seemed very friendly. Will definately recommend Dr Snyder to others!

July 6th, 2011
Fantastic Doctor
Doctor's staff is extremely poor in people skills plus they do not have enough medical background to assist patients. The staff acts as thought no one should get through to the doctor without going through a hassle. The wait time is usually 1 to 2 hours after arrival which means poor planning and management of patient load. The staff spend approximately 1.5 to 2.0 hours on lunch and no one is manning the phone on a rotational basis to handle calls that come in during lunch. The office relies on an answering service which I imagine is totally overwhelmed during their extended lunch hours. The office is only seeing patients 4 days a week which adds to the the wait time between visits. The doctor has added a new PA which seems to be quite capable and very knowledgeable but I am paying for full doctor services and not the service of a PA who is not fully trained to the level of Dr. Snyder. Upon leaving an appointment with the doctor he always says to call 'anytime' if there are problems but when you call you can not get in to see him without coming to the office personally to ensure you get seen and heard and then you have to cause a scene to get service. My wish is that Dr. Snyder go back to 'his good old days' when patients came first! He either wants to practice or do research but it is evident he cannot accomplish both because the patients suffer!

June 27th, 2011
Good physician...worth having to put up with office staff
Dr. Snyder has been my rheumatologist for about 7 years. During that time my rheumatoid arthritis has improved markedly, to the point I rarely think about it. Dr. Snyder has been very responsive to emails and telephone calls whenever I have a question. Granted, the office staff isn't always the greatest, but I think it's worth the aggravation to see Dr. Snyder.

February 4th, 2011
A Real Physician
I have been seeing Dr. Snyder for about ten years with excellent results. His initial diagnosis was that of a somewhat rare condition was right on and confirmed by the staff of the University of Arizona medical school.Since I have been under his care, my condition has greatly improved to the point that I am seriously looking to rejoin the work force even though I will be 75 in April.Dr. Snyder makes a concerted effort to stay abreast of current developments in his field and to provide "state-of-the-art" equipment and first quality laboratory facilities for the benefit of his patients My wife developed some joint symptoms which led me to take her to Dr. Snyder. He diagnosed her with a serious condition which was not rheumatic in nature. He immediately arranged for her to be seen at once by another physician who deals with this type of condition. Her improvement was spectacular to say the least.This man is a physician in the true sense of the word. His goal is to do as much good for his patients as possible with financial reward secondary.There are those who are critical of the way Dr. Snyder's office operates; I would remind them that no one is perfect and that a physician is like a herd bull:it is what he does that counts, not how he goes about it.

October 30th, 2010
Awesome Doctor <3 Worth The Wait!
I'm having to wait a painfully long while to see this great doctor. That means he's busy and I know my first appt. with him was 4 hours long, he's very thorough. The poor review I read~the computer he talks into, he is dictating and keeping very excellent record of everything we say as a patient. More doctors should do the same! He also talks to you as the patient, he dictates afterward. I thought it was nice to be part of the entire treatment/eval process. He's a great medical detective and I've used his dictated notes and diagnosis to get the attention of other doctors. Advocating for more tests and fighting for a diagnosis. Snyder is hard to get into, but he's worth the wait..just make sure you have a good PCP to take care of you in the meantime. (My issues are neurological and rheumatic for the most part.) Typical wait time so far is about 8 months for an appt. follow ups are up to the doctor, usually 6 months. Make your appt now, you'll be glad you did.

July 24th, 2010
Great physician. So-so office-management
#1 rheumo in Cruces. 3 months wait for new appt. Dr Snyder is intelligent and knowledgeable physician. He genuinely cares about his patients, and goes the extra mile to help. Unfortunately, he's less good as an office/practice manager. The mgmt & organization of the office staff and processes is so-so.

May 6th, 2009
Scleroderma & Raynaud's
Dr. Snyder is a remarkable diagnostician and caring physician. I trust him implicitly. It takes so long to get an appt and see him on time because there is a great shortage of rheumatologists and he takes all the time necessary with each patient.

February 27th, 2008
5 strikes is enough.
1. I was offered copies of my blood tests, then it took me 3 phone calls and 3 visits before I actually got them into my hands. Inefficient office person. 2. One of my concerns was blown off by the doctor. I have since seen another doctor who has given me at least 5 different possible reasons for the symptoms I am still having. 3. The person in charge of billing never sent me a bill, so on a follow up appointment I asked for my balance and paid. Five months later I get a bill for the precise amount already paid...marked past due of course. I went in to correct the mistake. They had no record of the payment. Fortunately I did. 4. On a follow up appointment the doctor spent more time talking to his computer than to me. 5. A month ago I called to make an appointment due to increasing pain levels. At my husbands urging I also made an appointment with another doctor. It was a good thing because when I called to cancel with Dr Snyder, they had no record of me calling for an appointment. Nothing to cancel. I better not be billed for a missed appointment. So I will not be going back.

May 28th, 2017