Internist, Dermatologist

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unsettling Experience  |  show details
by Kim on Sep 9th, 2013

Like others before me, I found my experience with Dr Balin to be odd: unbearable waits (3-4hrs) before being seen; surgery at strange hours 8p-12a, accurate diagnosis but horrible/excessive scars and overly conservative diagnoses (i.e., a 2nd & 3rd opinion regarding need for follow-up on moles resulted in 2 "no action required" whereas Dr. Balin wanted to remove the moles plus assess 2-3 afterwards). I have since sought care elsewhere.

|  Worth waiting for!!!  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Dr. Balin is totally committed to providing the best care, and because of that, you must be willing to wait extended periods of time for his service. He is worth every minute, every hour of time you sacrifice!!!

|  Waitime  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2012

First visit waited 2.5 hours be before seeing Dr Balin.Second visit waited 2 hours before seeing Dr Balin.

|  Absolute Horror  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

I was told by his very endearing staff to block 4 hours for the visit. I wasn't seen until 4 1/2 hours, when I explained this to the extremely rude Dr. Balin he was silent. He offered no apology, no consideration for the amount of time I had spent waiting. He is a horror of a man and I ended up walking out without an exam because I would not allow his inexcusable self to lay a hand on me!!!

|  Horrible experience!  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Do NOT waste your time making an apt here. You will wait over 3 hrs! Save the time and see someone else!

|  He should be investigated...  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

I can't believe that Dr. Balin has any return patients. Wait time is outrageous. Waited until 12 midnight for surgery, leaving building at 5 AM!! My scar is horrible but can't afford "elective" plastic surgery. Won't close wound after MOHS on same day like other derm Drs. There is an awesome Derm Dr. in the same complex, go to him.

|  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

He's a total butcher, and everything he sees is "precancer" and must be removed to the point of needing stitches. He scars up your entire body, rather than refer you to a plastic surgeon. His staff schedules appointments then you sit for 4 hours waiting to be called. He needs to have his license revoked.

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Balin is very knowledgeabel about his specialty. He is meticulous and explains everything well and answers all questions. I was very satisfied with the quality of care and will continue to see him for annual check ups. It takes him a while to warm up to.There is usually a long wait for an appt; call ahead.

|  best MOHS surgeon  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

skin cancer on my face - Dr. Balin removed it using the MOHS technique. Hardly any scarring - wouldn't trust anyone else with my skin!

|  Attorney  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Office visits take a long time. However he does fantastic work. I've had multiple MOHS surgeries on my face and the scars have healed such that they are hardly noticeable. If I have to have facial surgeries my exclusive concern is how it will look when it heals. I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Balin takes a long time, but to me its worth wht wait.

|  Get a second or third opinion  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2010

After 50 moles removed, I switched to another dermatologist. I get the feeling that most of the removals were not necessary or warranted.

|  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

Dr Balin has too many patients. I have spent up to 4 hours waiting to be seen in his office.He pushes the the MOHS technique on you when it may not be needed.After a skin cancer removal he will not stitch you up on the same day. He will bring you back the next day. I have been in his office until 2:00am getting stitched up.

|  MOHS Specialist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 27th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Well trained, highly qualified dermatologist who specializes in MOHS skin cancer surgery. I have had four surgeries in the Balin Medical Cen...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com