Dr. Arthur Balin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arthur Balin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2017

Awful

No bedside manor. Treats his staff horrible

April 4th, 2017

good dr. just not considerate of people's time, but i consider him very skilled.

February 11th, 2016

You will wait 4-5hrs

Initial apptm I waited 4 hours to be seen. Took 5 hrs for total apptm. Next apptm waited 3 hrs in wait room. Then another 45 min in the Doctor office for 15 min apptm. When I got in the office I could see the previous patients pictures of his head (I assume where he'd had areas looked at). It made me wonder if my pictures (full body -yikes!) were left up for the next patient to see. The nurses/secretaries were very nice & apologetic. Dr. Balin has no personality. Other people in the waiting room said they often wait 3-5hrs for their apptm. I was told he has strange hours. One person in the waiting room said they left the office at 4am after a procedure. Seems like this is somewhat normal.

December 7th, 2015

Just Don't Do It - I've never seen anything like this man

Went to Dr. Balin about 5 times one year. EVERY time was left sitting in the waiting room for over 3-4 hours past my appointment time before being seen. EVERY mole was "suspicious" - that part didn't bother me, better safe than sorry. However, when a Dr. comes right out and says "Do you want to use MY GOOD lab, or the questionable lab your insurance covers?" -- My guard goes up immediately. I truly believe he is getting a kick back from his GOOD LAB. Who would say - "No, I'll use the bad lab" when it comes to our health? Rude, no bedside manner, outright demeaning attitude. I would never go to this man again.

September 9th, 2013

Unsettling Experience

Like others before me, I found my experience with Dr Balin to be odd: unbearable waits (3-4hrs) before being seen; surgery at strange hours 8p-12a, accurate diagnosis but horrible/excessive scars and overly conservative diagnoses (i.e., a 2nd & 3rd opinion regarding need for follow-up on moles resulted in 2 "no action required" whereas Dr. Balin wanted to remove the moles plus assess 2-3 afterwards). I have since sought care elsewhere.

November 5th, 2012

Worth waiting for!!!

Dr. Balin is totally committed to providing the best care, and because of that, you must be willing to wait extended periods of time for his service. He is worth every minute, every hour of time you sacrifice!!!

August 20th, 2012

Waitime

First visit waited 2.5 hours be before seeing Dr Balin.Second visit waited 2 hours before seeing Dr Balin.

June 29th, 2012

Absolute Horror

I was told by his very endearing staff to block 4 hours for the visit. I wasn't seen until 4 1/2 hours, when I explained this to the extremely rude Dr. Balin he was silent. He offered no apology, no consideration for the amount of time I had spent waiting. He is a horror of a man and I ended up walking out without an exam because I would not allow his inexcusable self to lay a hand on me!!!

April 16th, 2012

Horrible experience!

Do NOT waste your time making an apt here. You will wait over 3 hrs! Save the time and see someone else!

February 24th, 2012

He should be investigated...

I can't believe that Dr. Balin has any return patients. Wait time is outrageous. Waited until 12 midnight for surgery, leaving building at 5 AM!! My scar is horrible but can't afford "elective" plastic surgery. Won't close wound after MOHS on same day like other derm Drs. There is an awesome Derm Dr. in the same complex, go to him.

January 13th, 2012

He's a total butcher, and everything he sees is "precancer" and must be removed to the point of needing stitches. He scars up your entire body, rather than refer you to a plastic surgeon. His staff schedules appointments then you sit for 4+ hours waiting to be called. He needs to have his license revoked.

January 11th, 2012

Worth the Wait

Dr. Balin is very knowledgeabel about his specialty. He is meticulous and explains everything well and answers all questions. I was very satisfied with the quality of care and will continue to see him for annual check ups. It takes him a while to warm up to.There is usually a long wait for an appt; call ahead.