Psychiatrist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

2.5

This man cured me of panic disorder, anxiety and depression. Thank God for him. show details This man cured me of panic disorder, anxiety and depression. Thank God for him.
by Maurice C. on Feb 10th, 2015

For several years I had suffered from anxiety and panic attacks followed by bouts of severe depression almost to the point of suicide. I went to see Dr. Bregman and he put me on a course of medication and treatment that completely made these disorders go away. I have not had another panic attack or suffered from any depression since he treated me. For those of you who attack him or call him a simple "pill pusher" please understand that you either do not know what you are talking about, have not given his treatment a chance to work and are probably very upset about you or your child's situation and are looking for someone to blame such as Dr. Bregman, who is there to help you. You are not the expert with decades of experience dealing with thousands of patients. He is.

very dangerous show details very dangerous
by Maria on Jan 15th, 2015

I couldn't agree more with each one of the bad reviews from other patients. This man should have his medical license revoked - his lack of tact and professionalism is appalling - within 5 minutes he will have your child incorrectly diagnosed and will try his darnedest to have the child committed to a year long inpatient facility for a relatively minor problem. The staff members at Miami Children's Hospital warned me about this man. My child's privacy rights were violated when Bregman discussed her case in front of a room full of other patients. As a medical professional myself I strongly believe that this man has This man should have his medical license revoked - his lack of tact and professionalism is appalling - within 5 minutes he will have your child incorrectly diagnosed and will try his darnedest to have the child committed to a year long inpatient facility for a relatively minor problem. The staff members at Miami Children's Hospital warned me about this man. My child's privacy rights were violated when Bregman discussed her case in front of a room full of other patients. As a medical professional myself I strongly believe that this man has sociopathic traits - you can see it in his eyes. Be VERY wary and don't hesitate to file a lawsuit to get him away from vulnerable children as soon as possible.

Stay Away show details Stay Away
by concerned mother on Sep 7th, 2014

I took my daughter to see Dr Bregman for severe depression. Our first meeting with him last at most 15 minutes. After that, it was anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. The last two times the prescriptions were on his desk when we sat in front of him. He prescribed a medication to her that has not yet been approved by the FDA for children or adolescents. I underdtand sometimes that is done but he should make the parent aware before prescribing it. He never told me. At one pint, he asked me what medication I thought she should be on? I thought he was the doctor?? The last time we saw him, I walked put with an additional prescription (making it 3) for a 15 year old. After giving it to her for 3 days I stopped giving it to her. It had a sedating effect on her. I urge anyone reading this to find another doctor. There are many out there. This doctor may have been good at some point but is not anymore. He has no patience & has a very hard time listening. Stay away from him.

Licensed pill pusher show details Licensed pill pusher
Jan 14th, 2014

Just take a look for yourself at the people waiting in his lobby. They're all there waiting for the next prescription of pills. His 'meetings' take at most 2 minutes, then he pulls out his prescription pad. If you care for your child, then see someone else please. Our child is over 18 and there's nothing we can do about him changing doctors. He's addicted to the pills already and the 'doctor' does not even question his demeanor. He's an absolute insult to the child psychiatry field.

The best Psychiatrist in Miami show details The best Psychiatrist in Miami
by Patricia on Dec 2nd, 2013

Thanks to Dr Bregman, he have stabilized my daughter. The doctors in MCH gave her a medication which was making her worst and her symptoms were not under control. Once we visit Dr. Bregman, he provide her with an accurate evaluation. The customer service, knowledge and kindness that Dr. Bregman have is wonderful, sadly I cannot said the same about Miami Children Hospital Psychiatry Ward.

Not that good of a doctor.. show details Not that good of a doctor..
Nov 16th, 2012

I had this doctor when I was Baker Acted at Miami Children's Hospital and I do agree with the other reviewers here. He doesn't really listen to your problem and how you're doing with medication. The staff did warn my mother about this guy and the way he diagnoses his patients. When he would see me, we would talk for just one minute or even less just to see what medication he should put me on. Be aware that he could hold a patient for longer, even if they are pretty stable!

Good...at first show details Good...at first
Oct 3rd, 2012

I started seeing Dr. Bregman while I was in inpatient treatment at a hospital (He was one of the psychiatrists affiliated with the hospital I was in). At first, Dr. Bregman seemed to be doing a very good job, he provided feedback and seemed genuinely interested in my well-being. However, after a while, my visits seemed to be much shorter and he never seemed to ask me if I felt like the treatment was responding. I was confused after a while as to what I was actually diagnosed with...he dismissed my question with a simple, "Oh, it's just an unspecified mood disorder." After that statement and his cold demeanor, I decided to stop seeing him.

Excellent physician but sometimes rushed show details Excellent physician but sometimes rushed
Feb 22nd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Bregman for severe Postpartum depression for quite some time. He is extremely knowledgeable about this illness and I highly recommend him. Not only was he able to help me fully recover from a very serious case of postpartum depression after a pregnancy loss, but because of his recommendations and care, I have been able to avoid re-occurrence after my last pregnancy. I cannot begin to tell you what a huge deal that is.He is one of those people who is always running around, so he sometimes seems like he is a bit rushed. But, if you have a question or need to discuss something, all you have to do is tell him. He will immediately discuss anything with you that you need. I think that part of the reason he often seems rushed is that he follows up with his patients more regularly than most other doctors, so he sees a lot of patients in one day. He wants to make sure that any medication that he is giving you is working as it should, and always discusses possible changes if needed. He also checks to be sure that you are getting needed therapy with a counselor of some sort in addition to medication.I can see how his bedside manner might put some people off, but I have found him to be a very caring and extremely knowledgeable physician. I highly recommend him if you have a serious psychiatric disorder.

RUN AWAY show details RUN AWAY
by Angry on Jun 23rd, 2010

This man should have his medical license revoked - his lack of tact and professionalism is appalling - within 5 minutes he will have your child incorrectly diagnosed and will try his darndest to have the child committed to a year long inpatient facility for a relatively minor problem. The staff members at Miami Children's Hospital warned me about this man. My child's privacy rights were violated when Bregman discussed her case in front of a room full of other patients. As a medical professional myself I strongly believe that this man has sociopathic traits - you can see it in his eyes. Be VERY wary and don't hesitate to file a lawsuit to get him away from vulnerable children as soon as possible.

Jun 29th, 2009

I felt like he was more of a pill pusher than a caring doctor. Rushed you in. Not much input.