Pediatrician, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites), Pediatric Specialist

Appalled show details Appalled
by Desiree on Jan 14th, 2015

Dr. Buonaspina was highly recommended to me by a very close friend since I was not happy with my current pediatrician. I called the office to make a well visit appointment for my 17 month old Son; routine questions regarding insurance and age were asked and then a question regarding vaccinations came up. The receptionists asked me if my Son was up to date on his shots - I responded, "yes, with the exception of the MMR". The receptionist proceeded to tell me that the doctor will not see any patients who are no up to date with vaccinations. I told her that I had every intention on administering the vaccine; however, that I would like to consult with the doctor first. She responded with "the doctor does not do consultations for vaccines". I then responded that I wasn't going to further the argument, but, that I knew for a fact that he allowed my friends (who referred me) child to go three months shy of his third birthday without the vaccine. She then asked the last name who I obliged and I told her I would be sure to let my other "mom-friends" out there know of this conversation. I hung up APPALLED! I understand the need for vaccinations and have every intention on my child being vaccinated for the MMR - but how can someone operate like this - not allowing me to even speak or see him first? Isn't it my right as a parent to know the pros and cons of certain vaccinations from a professionals standpoint? I would have likely allowed him to administer the vaccination at that visit, should he have made me feel comfortable in doing so, since my other pediatrician was neither here nor there about it (one of a few reasons why I was deciding to make the switch). Needless to say, I will slowly spread the word regarding his practice, because, in my opinion this is not a positive practice approach to have.

best Doctor show details best Doctor
by Tyesha on Dec 13th, 2014

My family and i love Dr.B, i was a patient of his when i was younger now he cares for my son and my soon be baby girl. The staff is wonderful. If you are looking for a Doctor that treat ur family as if it was their own Dr. B your man.

Amazing doctor!! show details Amazing doctor!!
Jun 25th, 2012

He is a wonderful doctor. He really cares about his patients. I would refer him to everyone!!!!

Sep 24th, 2009

Dr Buonaspina is a wonderful doctor!!!

The Stephen Family show details The Stephen Family
by Dawn Stephen on Sep 23rd, 2009

My kids love Dr. B. He is all about the kids. My children are NICU babies and he did everything for me when they first came home from the hospital. He is always available for me when I have questions.

The Best Doctor Ever!!!! show details The Best Doctor Ever!!!!
by Linda Canales on Aug 26th, 2008

My 5 y/o daughter was incorrectly diagnosed by another doctor with a positive TB test. After the first results, I asked the other doctor to please redo it, since she is in fact 5 and might have scratched it. The doctor refused and sent me to a Infectious Disease doctor who quickly began her on a strict 10 month regimen of medication along with B6 vitamins for her liver. I was told that failure to give her this, could cause her to get TB in her adulthood and might not survive, yet the medication might give her Chronic Liver Disease!!! So between a rock and a hard place I began her on her medicine and took her to the Lab once a month to monitor her liver function. Thankfully, I ran into Dr. Buonaspina one day and mentioned the sitaution. He asked me to make an appointment because he did not feel like she should be taking those meds. So finally, he repeated the TB test, and it was NEGATIVE!!!! I was so relieved. He is now my daughters Pediatrician and I would go around the world to see him. Thanks Dr. B!

THE BESTEST show details THE BESTEST
by THE LIVOTI FAMILY on Jul 15th, 2008

WE WOULD TRAVEL TO THE END OF THE EARTH FOR DR. B. HE KNOWS HIS STUFF AND IS THE BEST IN WHAT HE DOES. MY DAUGHTER WOULDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!