Family Physicians

La Presa
8788 Jamacha Rd
Spring Valley, CA 91977
619-515-2555
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  MD very cautious in Assisting with proper allergy testing.  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2014

Visiting this very busy office in Spring Valley with many patients in and out,I expected the MD to be quick and abrupt. Yes he was. But to totally ignore my inquiry I was not ready. Allergy testing was necessary for dietary reasons .. MD Cardones just ignored my request. Not sure what my next visit will be like but will look elsewhere I suppose. The only advice was to lose weight and seek a consult with their Nutritionist in the building. Seems like a Federally Funded set up to me....

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

I was a patient under Dr. James Arthur Cardones' care for a few months. In October 2010 I was seen by him for excrusiating pain I was experiencing from the sciatic nerve in my right leg.He was far from proactive in treating the pain. Two months later after going to a hospital ER and making a follow-upappointment with Dr. Cardones, he continued to respond in an unconcerned manner. Just jotted appoint information down in my file.At that late December appointment I finally received a pain pill script I stated was effective from ER; and he finally started the process for me to have some Physical Therapy - ONLY BECAUSE I HAD TO BE FIRM AND EXTREMELY VOCAL WITH HIM during that appointment. I could not believe his manner. He reacted very unprofessionally and juvenille defending himself like a very emotional adolescent. He raised his voice. It is understandable for a patient in excrusicating pain to be screaming, but as a health care profession it is an ethical responsib ility to remain calm and composed, but he lost control of any professional demeanor. Then he bid me goodbye for that appointment session saying Happy New Year (to attmept to cancel out his own outbrust toward a patient in severe pain).There are 2 other reviews. Mine is the thrid one now. One other patient stated he should work on cars. I would never let him touch my car. Myself and the other negative review are only two, but if we two stepped forward there are, without a doubt, more patients that were under Cardones' care that had poor to bad care and need to come forward also, but by the law of averages, many people do not speak up. he is the worst medical professional I have ever been exposed to and that is many since I am a senior citizen. And a senior at that - shame on Dr. James Arthur Cardones for his manner with senior citizens. The other review stated he is a nice man, I would not rule out that this review was submitted by himself.I have only one conclusion of Dr. Cardones with the county. I am sure without a doubt he is in this employment capacity for the county government employment benefits only. Definitely not putting patients as myself in severe pain as their professional priority.After that appointment I even had to makes calls to the county clinic case manager to get the PT authorization finalized so I could start the PT treatments. This administrative level was just as bad a hassle as the doctor.Had he done this authorization a couple months earlier I believe the pain/damage would not have progressed to such an unbearable degree. IT GOT BAD!

|  Nice Man  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

He is very easy to talk to, down to earth, and compassionate

|  He should work with cars  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2010

I've had Dr. Cardones for nearly 2 years and in those 2 years his favorite line is," I'm going to give you more medication, come back in 2 months." Understanding that I do have county medical insurance, this still doesn't count for ANY doctor to NOT care for there patients. What finally made switch from him was on my last visit, I brought him various notes I saved in regards to my UNDIAGNOSED issue. When I attempted to present them to him he had NO concern nor interest health concerns. Putting it short, I would reccomend a totaly different clinic if not, go ahead and waste precious time that you health doesn't need and find out the hard way like myself.