Dr. Arthur Heller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arthur Heller?

May 3rd, 2017

I trust him with my life

Short comment: Dr Heller is an excellent doctor with many years of experience under his belt and much knowledge to share. If you're looking for a great Dr, you've found one. Long comment: I've been seeing Dr Heller for almost 2 years now, and like the header says, I trust him with my life. I originally came to him because I was having GI issues, but he also practices as an internist and I quickly realized I wanted his medical expertise as my primary doctor. His secretary Wanda is polite and friendly whenever I speak to her; I've never had an issue making an appointment, and I've never waited long in his waiting room to see him. He calls back with your blood results as soon as he has them- no need to pester the office until someone calls you back. I also really appreciate his honesty. If you have a question/medical issue that's not in his area of expertise, he doesn't give you a vague b.s. answer; he'll either get back to you once he's done some research on the topic, or he'll tell you it's not his area of expertise and recommend you to another Dr. who specializes in it. I appreciate him so much and would recommend him to anyone looking for a Dr that will take the time to listen to your whole story, consider whatever issues you're having and take a genuine approach to treating you.

April 29th, 2017

Dr. Heller is a truly caring doctor.

He's enormously patient and methodical. He listens and takes your problems seriously -- and then finds solutions and remedies. I always know he will devote whatever time is necessary.

April 9th, 2017

great bedside manner

January 18th, 2017

This is the internist we've all been looking for...

Dr. Heller is the doctor you've always heard about but never encountered. He practices medicine the old fashioned way. Although he is a GI, I also see him as my internist. He is a gifted diagnostician who asks questions, pays attention not only to your answers but to you as a whole person. He figures out what's wrong by looking and listening and uses tests as confirmation. He is careful, caring, and pragmatic. He is not quick to prescribe drugs to resolve symptoms. He wants to get to the root cause of your problem so that he can address the underlying issues. It might take a few visits, but he will be the doctor who finally figures out what's been ailing you. I've never waited more than a few days for an appointment (less if my situation warranted more immediate attention), and never waited more than 5 minutes past my appointment time. I've seen many fee-for-service doctors who charged much much more than Dr. Heller but who didn't deliver anywhere near the level of service, attention, and medical competence. Before you give up on the medical system, see this doctor.

November 11th, 2016

Extremely Thorough

I would highly recommend Doctor Heller. I have been suffering with severe stomach issues for year, have seen multiple gastroenterologist's and not one doctor has been able to get to the bottom of my case. Doctor Heller spent an hour and a half with me, asking me questions and finally got to the bottom of my issue and after testing out his theory - he was right! I went off a medication I had been on per his guidance and have been feeling 100% better since. He is extremely thorough, takes time with his patients and is extremely knowledgeable - covers all bases.

October 18th, 2016

The most excepti

Dr. Heller has been the primary care doctor for me and my family for over 30 years. He's a brilliant diagnostician who truly cares about you as a person. His specialty is gastroenterology but his knowledge about the entire human body is unparalleled. I always leave his office knowing I'm completely taken care of and in the best hands. He takes the fear out of any medical situation you must face. He spends a lot of time with you and answers every question you might have. Unlike most doctors, he actually calls to give you test results as soon as they come in. I highly recommend Dr. Heller to anyone in need of an exceptional physician. Without question, he's simply the best and my entire family feels quite lucky to have him in our lives.

August 30th, 2016

The most EXCEPTIONAL AND CARING DOCTOR IN MANHATTAN!

Dr. Heller is not only amazing at diagnosing complex problems but he has a remarkable bedside manner and truly and deeply cares about his patients. I have been seeing many specialists to finally get to a diagnosis and Dr. Heller has been a blessing to put the whole picture together, not to mention a wonderful sense of humor that keeps you at ease while you are experiencing extreme pain. This is NOT common in medicine today. He is truly a godsend and I am so grateful to be in his care.

August 23rd, 2016

Patient

If something is wrong, please see this doctor. Dr. Heller has been my doctor for over 10 years and I would not be alive today if it wasn't for his exceptional, compassionate, loving nature and endless, excellent constant care. He has been there for me every time I needed him. Additionally, he appears to know everything. I have a whole bunch of medical doctors but Dr. Heller is the one who keeps me living. He accepts Medicare but is not like other medicare doctors. He always takes his time and is there for you. He also has an amazing network of doctors. Many visits with Dr. Heller ended with him calling another doctor and discussing my medical problem. I would than see the specialist, and Dr. Heller would always follow-up after the visit and was always in the decision making progress. He has seen me through three cancers and multiple sclerosis, and about 40 other conditions. I've had so many emergency room visits that were negative, until Dr. Heller would walk in the room and get everything taken care of. I can not recommend him highly enough. If you want a fabulous, brilliant, caring doctor, please see Dr. Heller.

August 19th, 2016

Dr. Heller is the best!

Dr. Heller is an amazing doctor and a truly rare breed: that perfect combination of deep experience, coupled with a hunger for knowledge and growth that ensures his approaches are always up to date and most effective. Add to that a terrific bedside manner, with charm, wit and humor helping to soften the blows from even the most difficult health issues. I could not recommend him more highly...

August 8th, 2016

I highly recommend Arthur Heller. He's a terrific doctor and, unlike so many other physicians these days, he also spends time with you to explain things and answer questions. I rely on him for everything from stomach issues, to rashes to sore throats and wrist sprains. He's an excellent all-around diagnostician and I have the greatest confidence in his abilities. It's clear he cares about the well-being of his patients - he's also very personable and has a great sense of humor.

April 4th, 2016

My favorite doctor by far, very thorough and follows up right away. Always patient and kind.

March 13th, 2016

One of the best internists I've seen in the city. Patient thorough and explains everything. Makes you feel at ease the whole time