Overall Review

4.8

November 11th, 2016
Extremely Thorough
I would highly recommend Doctor Heller. I have been suffering with severe stomach issues for year, have seen multiple gastroenterologist's and not one doctor has been able to get to the bottom of my case. Doctor Heller spent an hour and a half with me, asking me questions and finally got to the bottom of my issue and after testing out his theory - he was right! I went off a medication I had been on per his guidance and have been feeling 100% better since. He is extremely thorough, takes time with his patients and is extremely knowledgeable - covers all bases.

October 18th, 2016
The most excepti
Dr. Heller has been the primary care doctor for me and my family for over 30 years. He's a brilliant diagnostician who truly cares about you as a person. His specialty is gastroenterology but his knowledge about the entire human body is unparalleled. I always leave his office knowing I'm completely taken care of and in the best hands. He takes the fear out of any medical situation you must face. He spends a lot of time with you and answers every question you might have. Unlike most doctors, he actually calls to give you test results as soon as they come in. I highly recommend Dr. Heller to anyone in need of an exceptional physician. Without question, he's simply the best and my entire family feels quite lucky to have him in our lives.

August 30th, 2016
The most EXCEPTIONAL AND CARING DOCTOR IN MANHATTAN!
Dr. Heller is not only amazing at diagnosing complex problems but he has a remarkable bedside manner and truly and deeply cares about his patients. I have been seeing many specialists to finally get to a diagnosis and Dr. Heller has been a blessing to put the whole picture together, not to mention a wonderful sense of humor that keeps you at ease while you are experiencing extreme pain. This is NOT common in medicine today. He is truly a godsend and I am so grateful to be in his care.

August 23rd, 2016
Patient
If something is wrong, please see this doctor. Dr. Heller has been my doctor for over 10 years and I would not be alive today if it wasn't for his exceptional, compassionate, loving nature and endless, excellent constant care. He has been there for me every time I needed him. Additionally, he appears to know everything. I have a whole bunch of medical doctors but Dr. Heller is the one who keeps me living. He accepts Medicare but is not like other medicare doctors. He always takes his time and is there for you. He also has an amazing network of doctors. Many visits with Dr. Heller ended with him calling another doctor and discussing my medical problem. I would than see the specialist, and Dr. Heller would always follow-up after the visit and was always in the decision making progress. He has seen me through three cancers and multiple sclerosis, and about 40 other conditions. I've had so many emergency room visits that were negative, until Dr. Heller would walk in the room and get everything taken care of. I can not recommend him highly enough. If you want a fabulous, brilliant, caring doctor, please see Dr. Heller.

August 19th, 2016
Dr. Heller is the best!
Dr. Heller is an amazing doctor and a truly rare breed: that perfect combination of deep experience, coupled with a hunger for knowledge and growth that ensures his approaches are always up to date and most effective. Add to that a terrific bedside manner, with charm, wit and humor helping to soften the blows from even the most difficult health issues. I could not recommend him more highly...

August 8th, 2016
I highly recommend Arthur Heller. He's a terrific doctor and, unlike so many other physicians these days, he also spends time with you to explain things and answer questions. I rely on him for everything from stomach issues, to rashes to sore throats and wrist sprains. He's an excellent all-around diagnostician and I have the greatest confidence in his abilities. It's clear he cares about the well-being of his patients - he's also very personable and has a great sense of humor.

April 4th, 2016
My favorite doctor by far, very thorough and follows up right away. Always patient and kind.

March 13th, 2016
One of the best internists I've seen in the city. Patient thorough and explains everything. Makes you feel at ease the whole time

November 16th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Excellent doctor. Very knowledgable and thorough.

October 6th, 2015
A brilliant doctor who knows the value of laughter.
The first time I went to Dr Heller, some years ago, I was impressed by just about everything--the pleasant office staff, his thoroughness, his manner of eliciting information even about things you might have been holding back. He has a brilliant bedside manner, and he understands that a bit of joking and laughter can be good for the soul and possibly the body, though I imagine he has perfect pitch for the kind of patient who wants to share a joke with him. His diagnosis was right on the money. When I had a horrible bronchitis last Spring, and wanted to go ahead with a trip to France, instead of discouraging me, he saw me ASAP, prescribed the right meds, and took at least two if not three calls in the following days. He always called back in less than 24 hours at the most. I'm not easy to please when it comes to doctors because I feel that in New York it's a buyer's market, and there are plenty of docs around. Which is why I was even more impressed with Dr Heller. I've also suggested a number of friends use him and everyone has been really happy with the care.

October 5th, 2015
Dr. Heller found the cause of an awful gastric issue that no one else could indentify. A protein found in sugarless products that is indigestible in humans was the culprit. Dieting Consumer , beware !

April 15th, 2015
Look no further!
If you were to look up "thorough" and "meticulous" in the dictionary, you're likely to find a photo of Dr. Arthur Heller. Dr. Heller was recommended by my dentist, who said he thinks he's the smartest guy he knows, and I can certainly see why. My first exam was more complete than I have ever had. So much so, that when I was unable to completely answer a question regarding a procedure that I had had three years before, he sent for those medical records. Throughout my visits, he is always calm and calming, attentive, clear, responsive, and always informative. On the occasions where he found the need to refer me to a specialist, the selections made were always with care and deliberation. Bottom line, look no further.