Dermatologists
Video profile
1653 W Congress 220 Anx
Chicago, IL
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  show details
Feb 28th, 2014

Dr. Rhodes AKA Dr. Grumpy Pants. I asked him about spots on my face that developed during pregnancy and he scowled and said 'You'll have to make a separate appointment to talk to me about that. I'm not discussing it today'. And then walked out. I don't need a doctor to be my BFF, but at least don't be so grumpy! He also missed my husbands melanoma. oops.

|  show details
by J.W, on Jun 11th, 2013

I felt I received a thorough examination from Dr. Rhodes. I wouldn't say he is arrogant, rather displays confidence in his craft. He certainly displayed a sincere interest in the health of me and my family members. I continue to see D.r Rhodes on a regular basis.

|  arrogant and time waster!  |  show details
by Veronica cook on Apr 29th, 2013

First of all this man has a horrible bedside manner, he talks to u as if your nobody, I live about 45 mins away from his office and has now made us come for follow up appointments pretty much for no reason! So he has made us come downtown chicago for 2 appointments when he could have made just a phone call to tell me that he can't , but really wont remove my sons birthmark which has the potential to turn into about 10 possible tumors. He suggests I see a plastic surgeon to get a quarter sized birthmark removed when within his office is a surgical dermatology center, within his office! And while we are in this unnecessary appointment and after he tells me he can't remove my sons birthmark, he shows and tells his "assistant" doctor just how about he would go to remove a birthmark like my sons. Yet claims he "can't " remove it??? And yes he's a jerk, and not helpful at all! I will never ever go back to see him, I would never refer him! Any other dermatology doctor would be better than going to see this quack!

|  Knowledgeable Arrogant and People-Skill Lacking  |  show details
by John M on Feb 9th, 2013

My most memorable moment with Dr Rhodes was when I asked him to slow down so I could write down the name of my prognosis and he refused after asking twice. He arrogantly seems to really enjoy toting around the resident doctors. I remember, during an appointment, having the thought, "I can't imagine that his co-workers enjoy being around him because of how full of himself he is." I would not go back to him. Oh, and he loves to quote percentages and statistics at alarming high rates of speed.

|  Dr. Rhodes  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

Over the past five years, I have seen Dr. Rhodes for two separate problems. During each visit he was concerned and diagnosed each case with precision and urgency. He even called to tell me that I scheduled my appointment too far into the future and that I needed to take this problem seriously and get urgent attention. Also, he recommended another excellent specialist to complete my treatment. I like the fact that he gets directly to the point without sugar coating the information. I highly recommend Dr. Rhodes.

|  Absolutely Love Dr. Rhodes  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Rhodes about 5 years ago when I was told that I needed to be treated as a high risk Melanoma patient. The dermatologist who referred me said about Dr. Rhodes that "he wrote all the chapters on Melanoma in the medical school books- he is THE guy to see." She warned me that he's a little rough around the edges but he'll get the job done & do it right.She was absolutely correct about him! I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Rhodes. Perhaps some doctors might be a bit more mushy & butter up their patients more, but is this really a necessity? I actually find Dr. Rhodes to be personable though not overly sensitive, but most important- he knows his stuff & is accurate and careful in his treatment of clients. I feel completely confident in having him as my doctor & have even paid out of pocket to see him when my insurance has changed over the years. He is worth it & I wouldn't put my life (since Melanoma could take my life!) in anyone else's hands.Oh and as an extra bonus, he's a nice looking guy!

|  Diagnosed and saved my husband's life  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

My husband, when a medical student, presented with a melanoma en situ--e.g. localized and exciseable.Dr. Rhodes was at Harvard's Mass General hospital, then--got top-notch pathologists involved and was swift to act. I don't remember too much about his bedside manner, save for what mattered--that he was smart and decisive.That was in 1989, and my husband, now in his mid-40s, remains melanoma free--no recurrences, even though my husband has had a few additional nevi taken off, which were benign..I would recommend Dr. Rhodes as a top-notch clinician.

|  worst dermatological experience ever!  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2010

I have never met a more perversely insensitive, dark, and purposely alarming individual in any professional capacity.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2010

This was one of the most arrogant and ill mannered professionals I have ever come across in my life. AND, the icing on the cake in addition to having the bedside manner of a toad is that he doesn't even seem to have a good knowledge. I wouldn't waste my time.