Dr. Arthur Rifkin MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 3 reviews

January 20th, 2016
please retire
Very old. Does not hear well and asks you to repeat everything. Prescribed 2 meds on first visit after 40 min session. Then told me if I didn't take them then I should see a therapist or social worker because he doesn't have to see me. Ignored my concerns (the reason for the visit) and prescribed med with side effect that I was already experiencing without medication. He was too feeble to make it to office in snow for 2nd visit ( he limped around) but prescribed a 3rd drug after 25 min phone session. Never went back. As a previous reviewer said "he throws drugs at everything". Not a compassionate doctor. Grumpy old guy who over-prescribes powerful meds. Thinks he knows it all and doesn't care about what he doesn't know. do NOT recommend.

August 29th, 2013
Depression lifted
Dr Rifkin saved my son's best friends life. He struggled his whoole life with dibilitating depression, and the ECT therapy he got from Dr Rifkin has made him a happy, new person. He is a joy and I am so grateful he helpped a young man who so deserved to be happy. My son's best friend for 22 yrs and best man at his wedding, they have a bond that helps them both and Dr. Rifkin made it stronger and better. Meds don't work for everyone, life shsould be enjoyed, don't let doctors drag years of your life away with meds that are not helping. If progress isn't felt after 2 yrs. change doctors. That may seem too long, but it does take time to find the right "coctail." Keep changing till you find one who can help. When 2 peiople are involved in a relationship they are both contributors to the outcome, drs. are responsible too. To pay for help and not get relief, like going to get brakes fixed and them not fising them and bring them back again to same place, paying each time. That is the definition of insanity, No?

June 25th, 2012
Sometimes he'd spend 15 minutes with me, other times two hours. He wasn't reliable and wanted to throw drugs at everything. On top of that, he never remembered my name or who I was when I made an appointment.