Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Ojus
2627 NE 203rd St
Ste 115
Miami, FL 33180
305-932-1270
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Schatz for many years. I felt lost before I connected with him. I had been to many other gynocologists and did not receive an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Schatz saved my life. He is an expert diagnostician, has an outgoing, caring demeanor and spends as much time as needed with me. He has phoned me many timetofollow-up, and shows that he definitely cares about his patients. You could not have a better doctor than Dr. Schatz. He is at the top of his field. I highly recommend him!!

|  The Best!!!!  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Schatz for over 20 years. Additionally, he is also the physician to many of my friends and family members. Dr. Schatz is brilliant and his vast knowledge, experience and caring nature make him my most trusted doctor. He has assisted me in reviewing and explaining involved medical diagnoses and treatment from my other specialists. He truly cares about his patients. He readily returns phone calls. I high recommended this wonderful doctor and human being!!

|  unethical!  |  show details
by Disappointed Debby on Sep 27th, 2013

Was treated by Dr Schatz. Was billed by Dr Schatz. Was diagnosed Schatz. He was wrong in the treatment. He was wrong in the billing. He was wrong in the diagnoses.

|  Disquisted and misled  |  show details
by Angelica D. on Apr 14th, 2013

Dr Schatz appears at first sight to be an experienced professional . I went to have surgery performed and not only did he bill my insurance for a procedure he never did, but the morning of surgery he hit me with a 1565.00 bill at the center. which had to be paid on the spot. Later I was billed again for a follow up which he said would be covered as part of the original procedure, He never notified me I would have to pay until I got a almost 700,oo bill in the mail. Which I refuse to pay as the procedure billed wasnt even what he did!!! Fraud and unethical. He promptly placed me in collections. And has no consideration for the misrepresentation I recieved. Hes also inappropriate at time of exam. Making sexual jokes.at last exam.....very inappropriate.

|  THIS IS THE MOST CARING DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET.  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

EVEN IF YOU HAVE A HALF HOUR WAITING PERIOD, HE IS WORTH GOING TO. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. AUTHUR SCHATZ . He is compassionate, knowledgeable, humble...I could go on and on. He performed surgery twice on me to remove tumors i had develop over the years. He took such great care of me, even gathered a surgical team to ensure I had the best possible care. I will NEVER use another OB/GYN. He's the Best!!! Lizette

|  Questionable ethics  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

I went to Dr. Schatz for a routine exam so I could get my birth control refilled. The exam was supposed to be covered 100% by my insurance. He did the exam but only wrote me a 6 month prescription, which I thought was a little odd since I had always been written a full year for the past 12 years I had been on the pill. So this forced me to go back for a follow up visit in 6 months, The next time I went back to his office, I was told I had an outstanding balance over $70.00. I asked why and Dr. Schatz told me it was because he treated me for a condition and he billed my insurance for that. I reiterated I went there for a routine exam and he said he had "no way of knowing why I was there," because I asked him a question about an issue I was having. The issue was not for him to treat it, but just look. He looked and told me it was no problem. Thats it. No further work or research. He even drew me a picture to prove nothing was wrong. I guess if you ask this man a question he will bill you for it. Because of that, he billed the visit as an actual Doctor's visit and not a routine exam which is why I went. He went on to tell me it was "my fault because I didn't tell him how to bill my insurance." What really happened was he knew my insurance covered 1 visit, and since he wanted to get 2 visits out of me for the year,(hence the 6 month birth control prescription) he billed one as a condition and then was going to bill the follow up as my actual well-woman visit. When we spoke, all he had to do was apologize and credit the $72 and not bill the visit. Or correct the insurance. Instead he talked down to me, and blamed me. He offered to just write me the script for the next 6 months and waive the balance, which I agreed to, but then he got angry because he realized I was not going to go back to him, and then told me he wasn't waiving the balance. I told him and his office I would write a review online about his billing procedure. The next day I received a letter from him completely misstating our conversation, and accusing me of being abusive towards him, which certainly did not happen. This was obviously a move for him to cover himself incase I were to take any further action. At the end of the letter he told me I needed to see a mental health specialist. Dr. Schatz knew that he did something wrong, and I wonder how many other women he has made money off of by using this billing method. And on a side note- The patient prior to me waited for her appointment for 2 hours and walked out. So he lost 2 patients back to back in the same day.

|  DR ARTHUR SCHATZ A WONDERFUL DR  |  show details
by ROBIN VAN DYK on Jun 22nd, 2010

DR SCHATZ HAS BEEN MY DR FOR ABOUT 37 YEARS AND IS MY OLDEST DR BUT NOT BY AGE.I STARTED OUT WITH HIM WHEN HE FIRST STARTED OUT.HE IS A WONDERFUL DR, VERY SMART AND SHARP AND HAS ONE OF THE BEST PERSONALITIES AROUND.DR SCHATZ IS VERY FUNNY AND CARES SO MUCH ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, HE IS THE BEST.I WOULD NEVER GO TO ANYONE ELSE BUT HIM.