A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Arthur Schmulen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Arthur Schmulen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schmulen
Seasonal Allergies Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about seasonal allergies such as hay fever, eye and mold allergies.Before Visiting Dr. Schmulen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Arthur Schmulen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmulen graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Schmulen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Arthur Carl Schmulen MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Arthur C. Schmulen practice?
- Dr. Arthur Schmulen has 1 office location.
Dr. Arthur Schmulen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.