A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Arthur Schmulen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Arthur Schmulen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Arthur Schmulen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmulen graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Schmulen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schmulen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 18 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan