A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Arthur Schmulen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Arthur Schmulen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schmulen
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Schmulen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Arthur Schmulen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schmulen graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Schmulen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Arthur Carl Schmulen MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Arthur C. Schmulen practice?
- Dr. Arthur Schmulen has 1 office location.
Dr. Arthur Schmulen practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Internists and Houston Gastroenterologists.