Dr. Arthur Zacco MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0
  • 13 reviews

no change

September 21st, 2016
Couldn't have had a better experience
Dr. Zacco did a great job with my hair. My pre-treatment counseling was accurate and informative. I had all the information I needed to make a good decision about my hair. The results were fantastic. If you want more hair this is the best solution for permanent hair. Dr. Zacco and his team did a terrific job making me feel at home during the procedure and with all the care after the treatment. I can recommend him unconditionally.

July 28th, 2016
Don't be fooled like I was.
Avoid At All Costs! I had a FUE hair transplant done by Dr. Zacco and company. I should have listened to all the bad reviews online, but I met with them and for some reason felt comfortable. They told me that nobody would even know I had the procedure after 4 weeks. It has been 2 full months and have serious complications. I have divots in my forehead that he never brought up until I brought them to his attention after 3 office visits. I spoke with several experts (he is not one of them) and they all said that the procedure wasn't done correctly and I would never heal correctly without thousands of dollars of corrective surgeries. I am writing this because I don't want anybody else to go through what I am going through right now. Please do not hesitate to contact me via Google if you'd like some more information on the mis-handling of my procedure from start to finish.

May 25th, 2016
Excellent HT experience
I've had two Hair Transplants with Dr. Zacco to date. Going in to my first procedure, I was fully aware that I would need 2+ procedure's as that was all explained to me at the initial consult. The surgery's were as to be expected but the results have been phenomenal and better than expected. I had over 500+ extra grafts placed than I paid for, simply because Dr. Zacco thought that I needed more up front. He and his staff were always available for me to ask any questions anytime something came up. I would highly recommend him for a Hair Transplant Procedure.

May 7th, 2016
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Avoid At All Costs! I had a FUE hair transplant done by Dr. Zacco and company. I should have listened to all the bad reviews online, but I met with them and for some reason felt comfortable. They told me that nobody would even know I had the procedure after 4 weeks. It has been 2 full months and have serious complications. I have divots in my forehead that he never brought up until I brought them to his attention after 3 office visits. I spoke with several experts (don't let him convince he is one) and they all said that the procedure wasn’t done correctly and I would never heal correctly without thousands of dollars of corrective surgeries. I am writing this because I don’t want anybody else to go through what I am going through right now. Please do not hesitate to contact me via Google if you’d like some more information on the mis-handling of my procedure from start to finish.

June 22nd, 2015
Nina, MSW
Please be advised, upon calling this office, you will be asked to provide your Insurance information, you will then be told that the Office Manager who handles benefit verification, is not in the office and will call you back with your benefit information within the same week. I waited 2 weeks and did not receive a call back. Being that I had provided my insurance information, I called back and once again was told the Office Manager was not in the office. I told the Receptionist that I would no longer be interested in coming there since the Office Manager is never available and should a complaint or concern arise, I didn't feel comfortable that the Office Manager would be available to rectify the issue. Needless to say, the Office Manager called back within an hour and told me that the Receptionist verified that my insurance would not cover their services which is untrue. It will cover the office visit, but; not the integrative services. I have visited other Integrative MD's and Insurance always covers my Office Visits. Thankfully, I have been afforded decent employment that would allow me to pay out of pocket anyway, but; was not given this as an option. I guess Melissa, Office Manager, assumed that some folks are not able to pay out of pocket in which she should have asked. There is something about this practice that seems weird. The Receptionist seems programmed to say things that are not necessarily true. It appears that they want to handle more cosmetic things than medical. We all know that cosmetic procedures bring in alot of revenue. Be careful seeking care here, very disorganized which is not a good thing as it relates to the Healthcare profession. The negative reviews here appear truthful with the experience I had speaking with them by phone. They are friendly and speak very nice which was the only positive review I can provide.

August 21st, 2014
EMBARRASSED FOR THEM
I called to set up an appointment and finally received a call from an office manager after 2 weeks. She asked for my insurance information over the phone and told me she needed to check what my coverage was before she could tell me anything about their services or before I could book an appointment. She said she would call me back soon. Not only did I never receive a call back but I never received a response after leaving several messages after that. Not a one. I've never dealt with a Doctors office who was so unprofessional. No one has EVER even answered the phone when I've called. Always a voicemail. I decided to look up reviews on the Dr. And wasn't surprised to see so many negative reviews. I've decided to share my experience because of this. He may be a great Dr. I don't know but beware. His office management is unreliable and unprofessional at best. If I could leave less than one star I would.

April 13th, 2014
DO NOT go to Dr. Zacco for hair restoration. He said in a year I would have excellent results I came back to follow up after the year had passed and he then said I needed another procedure. I still look like I’m thinning and I now have a scar on the back of my head that ill have for the rest of my life! Barbers and people always ask “what happened” not worth going to Dr. Zacco for hair restoration. If I knew how it would have turned out, I would have rather saved my money and shaved my head.

October 25th, 2013
Avoid!!!
After two treatments and about $16,000, the change in my hair density was barely noticeable. When asked about this unsatisfactory result, Dr. Zacco became almost confrontational and argumentative, as if somehow it was my fault. He instead insisted on an additional treatment, of course, for another large sum of money. Fortunately, the before and after pictures tell the story as well as the mirror. Save your Money! Read a lot of reviews, get personal testimonials, ask a lot of questions before you spend you hard-earned money, even if you end up paying a little more somewhere else to get the result and appearance you deserve.

August 1st, 2012
Would not recommend.

May 3rd, 2012
Great Dr.
Dr. Zacco showed great concern for my health and well being. I would reccommend him to anyone that needs a caring Dr.

July 8th, 2010
Worst experience of my life.
I have never been so disrespected before in my life. The staff was more than unpleasant and not only within the family practice but in the hair restoration center as well. I was never called back when I was told I would be, they had to reschedual several times and then was just generally treated like a piece of dirt. I would never recommend these people to anyone.

January 4th, 2010
Outstanding Doctor!!!
I am currently two weeks post op from a 3000 graft unit hair transplant performed by Dr. Arthur Zacco and his outstanding staff. My experience has been outstanding and I would full heartedly and without hesitation recommend him to anyone who is considering having a procedure such as this. Dr. Zacco and his staff take the time to get to know their patient, patient goals, and are up front and personal when it comes to expected results. From pre-op to post-op care, I was and am taken care of, and have the confidence in the results one could expect from a properly performed procedure. I just had my sutures removed from the donor area, which Dr. Zacco removed himself as opposed to having one of his assistants do for him, and although I am still pending my 6 month and 12 month follow up, I have the confindence the results will be what I expect if not better. I recommend staying away from the big commercial type hair restorations companies if you are considering having this done, and do a free consult with Dr. Zacco. His office is located in Apex, NC and is small in comparison to some of the big commercialized hair restoration companies, but Dr. Zacco's reputation is built upon his quality of care, work, and patient results. I am fortunate enough to reside only 45 minutes from his practice and found him after a bad experience with Bosely Medical Hair Restoration in Raleigh, NC. I went for a consult with Bosely and it was horrible and very sales oriented as opposed to patient oriented. In contrast Dr. Zacco at AZ Hair Restoration is very patient oriented, skilled, and dedicated to ensuring patient satisfaction. I could go on and on, but if you think you are a hair transplant candidate, I recommend you check AZ Hair Restoration out for yourself.