A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cortez Nelson
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cortez Nelson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cortez Nelson graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson practice?
- Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson has 3 office locations.
Dr. Artie Cortez Nelson practices Psychiatry near Birmingham, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Madison, AL and Pelham, AL.
See Birmingham Psychiatrists.