Dr. Arturo Taca MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 14th, 2016
Dr. Taca has saved my husband's life. He has worked with him for years through good times and bad. He has made appropriate med changes and has offered endless support. I am forever grateful for his help and his willingness to listen, learn, and assist. He has been an angel in our lives.

February 7th, 2013
Great Practitioner
Knows how to match the treatment to the patient. Not interested in experimenting with the patients. Great bedside manner. A patients doctor.

July 19th, 2012
saved my life
Dr.Taca in my opinion is the best Dr. in the state. I have been bouncing from one Doctor to another since I was a child. Sadly I was misdiagnosed&no other Psychiatrist caught on until I was referred to Dr.Taca. W/in the 1st session he realized that I was misdiagnosed&have been receiving the wrong meds for over 10yrs. I was constantly suicidal&I was dealing w/an EXTREME ADDICTION PROBLEM.I have almost 4 years clean&I no longer have thoughts of suicide.Dr.Taca has tapered me off almost everything. My life is amazing now,there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I would refer my own family members to him. What I like about him most is, he takes his time to explain what is going on in our brains, instead of telling me to take a pill&things will get better. He treats me as a HUMAN BEING&I DO NOT FEEL JUDGED,therefor I can tell him the truth.

July 15th, 2012
Don't Bother
I wish I would have read these other reviews, prior to visiting him.Like other reviewers, he was always late to appointments. He was very unprofessional, never felt like he took the time to get to know me.But in 10 min, he was able to make a decision to put me on a handful of meds. Like others he also made a claim that I was bipolar, which has been unconfirmed by other doctors. After researching I found a number of reviews much like mine, please search and research before reaching out to him.

September 9th, 2011
fyi
this is a long overdue rating...i was diagnosed as having a severe mh issue (along with dreadful meds), but was given scans, an eeg, etc to rule out a more physical cause. Results were inconclusive, in his mind meaning i was crazy. i didn't believe it, he didn't care. finally left and found another physician. Turns out i have absence seizures...nothing mental health related at all. watch out for this guy.

February 22nd, 2011
Saved my life
Dr.Taca was referred to me by a friend that was very concerned with me.I almost didn't even go because I had truly given up.I had been battling with mental health problems for over a decade.I went to see a well respected Doctor and he diagnosed me with Depression,Schitzophrenia and the list went on.I was put on so many meds that I felt even crazier.Since my Doctor wasn't a Psychiatrist I was referred elsewhere.I went through 6different Doctors&my life got worst.My son moved back in with me b/c I wasn't even eating.All the Doctors i was seeing spent no time w/me &just medicated me.I felt like a lab rat.I stopped my meds&gave up on life.Thank God I listened to my friend and saw Dr.Taca.It took a few sessions&different medications and I haven't felt life like this in over 10years.I have my life back.

January 22nd, 2011
Doctor Lacking Care and Compassion for Patients
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He is rude, condescending, and very unprofessional. Each time I saw him, I had to wait at least an hour after my scheduled appointment time. Not once did he acknowledge or apologize for the tardiness. After talking with me for only ten minutes, he was wanting to put me on a number of medications, and even diagnosed me as being bipolar. I have been seeing a trusted counselor for years and me being bipolar has never come up. I am willing to take medication to deal with a mental illness, however, I am not willing to take a handful of pills from a doctor who barely knows me. I felt like he didn't care about me as an individual and that my issues were not worth his time. Trust is extremely important when choosing a doctor, and I did not trust this man whatsoever.

September 1st, 2010
first one who diagnosed me right!
I've seen so many psychiatrist for so many years and he's the first one to correctly diagnose me. He took me off meds that made me worse all these years and help me find out that I had a medical problem that made me look llike I was depressed. I was getting so hopeless. He listened to me and seemed like a normal guy. I feel normal for the first time in years.

July 7th, 2010
endless hassles
endless hassle, long waits every time, near impossible to get refills, cold manner.

August 28th, 2009
I have been seeing this doctor for 2 years now. He treats me as if I am human and listens to what I am saying. Recommend him wholeheartedly

March 27th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
I found my experience very pleasant. He is up to date with medications. He listened to me unlike most psychiatrists I've seen.

June 12th, 2008
terrible
First of all, he did not even close the door of the office during my consultation. Next, after asking me questions for about ten minutes, he lectured me for the remainder of our appointment about how it sounded as if i was bipolar. I have seen other psychiatrists and I have a longstanding relationship (5+ years) with a well-respected therapist. No one has ever diagnosed me with bipolar, and most certainly not after a ten minute conversation. I found him to be unprofessional, condescending, and ignorant. I would absolutely NOT recommend this man.