Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr Simakuvar = THE WORST show details Dr Simakuvar = THE WORST
by Ed D on Jun 19th, 2015

The staff in the Henderson office is afraid of him to the point that they almost freeze up and always answer,with "I have to ask the Dr. when you ask them anything. He did a colonoscopy for me and I caught a throat infection after the procedure. I called his office.It took days for me to get an antibiotic from him and he took on a defensive and rude tone of voice.Then I had to beg for a copy of my results,which I got after 2 trips to his office.He never called for a follow up consult.Stay away from this maniac.

patient show details patient
Jan 15th, 2015

The staff and doctor are friendly, knowledgeable, accommodating, and professional. The waiting time is totally unacceptable!!! On his office and when having a procedure he is always LATE!!!

Had to cancel procedure show details Had to cancel procedure
by Jack on Mar 19th, 2014

My "appointment" included extra time, 30 minutes, to fill out forms. Office staff forgot to inform me of this. I only require about 10 minutes. Once doctor arrived in the office I was seen right away. Approximately 1 hour so far. Doctor asked many questions and reviewed paperwork I had brought with me regarding previous procedures. He also was very good at answering my questions. Scheduled procedure and was given paperwork. One of these indicated he utilizes an anesthesiologist and to check with your insurance company to see if they will pay for him. I've had 4 procedures at various places and never was it necessary to use the services of an anesthesiologist so I wasn't surprised when Medicare said they would not pay. Appointment cancelled.

A good doctor show details A good doctor
by Mrs. on Dec 26th, 2013

With five (5) offices to respond to, its no wonder Dr. S is always late for appts. (the appts should be scheduled further apart). He seems embarrassed then. However, I found him to be thorough and as concerned as any other doctor. I recommend him highly for any stomach ailment.

Short Review show details Short Review
May 23rd, 2011

I went to him about my GERD. It took about two months to get in which isn't uncommon in my experience. The wait was a little long and though I arrived on time, there were five people ahead (which I overheard his staff say is fairly common too.) He was a nice guy. He asked a lot of questions, seemed pretty thorough and spent a fair amount of time with me...maybe 25 minutes. Time will tell if he can help me. At this point, I would recommend him.

Excellent in the OR, but gets angry sometime show details Excellent in the OR, but gets angry sometime
Feb 24th, 2010

This guy is excellent at doing endoscopy procedures. But he is a poor communicator with his fast talking in combination with a thick accent. In one of my appointments, I asked him to repeat himself and he snapped at me saying, "What did I just say???". He also gave me a tongue lashing once for not seeing a doctor years earlier about my swallowing problem. How did I know it was a medical problem? I was still able to swallow if I chewed my food well! His skills in the operating room are phenomenol, but he had no appreciation or care for the post-operative pain that I went through when I told him in followup visit. I'm sorry, but liquid Tylenol and Ultram did zilch for my misery which cannot be put into words. After he got in a bad mood in the recovery room following the latest procedure, I fired him. I found a new doctor who has his skills minus the attitude.

finally a good Dr! show details finally a good Dr!
by i would highly recommend him - on Sep 19th, 2009

This was the best appt I have had with any Dr in the last 3 years. I am possible celiac of which I had my colonoscopy done less then 10 mos ago that guy was so quick that he couldn't catch his breath let alone ask any questions or spend anytime.

If you like the sound of Ducks go here! show details If you like the sound of Ducks go here!
by Bob Suruncle on Jan 9th, 2009

If you like the sound of Ducks go here - Because he's a QUACK! 3 month wait for appointment. The nurse could not get my primary doctor medical records because she was calling the wrong phone number. An hour in his waiting room. Another hour listening to him talk about his vacation to another patient through the paper thin walls and when I was fed up with him wasting my time and I asked for my co-pay back he was rude. A lot more happened but that should be enough. I'll never go back - Oh yeah! I just found out he is being sued for his part in the Hepatitis C breakout at the Endoscopy Clinic of Southern Nevada. They were reusing needles on patients and infected at least 110 people out of a possible 50,000 from 2004 to 2008. And Yes, I found his name and the lawsuit in the Clark Medical Society Press Release.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse