Dr. Arun Patel MD Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

August 7th, 2017
Dr. Patel diagnosed a hidden retinal tear, performed successful surgery and provided excellent follow-up care for me. Dr. Patel is a skillful and kind physician.

July 14th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Patel's for the past several years. On a routine visit he detected a torn retina. He immediately performed urgent surgery to repair the torn retina. I knew I was in good hands! Dr. Patel also performed more extensive surgery on my right eye to remove a macular pucker, which was restricting my eyesight.

June 14th, 2016
Patient
I have seen Dr. Patel for over 25 years and he has saved my eyesight many times over. Professionally, he uses state of the art medical procedures and consistently has a gentle, caring demeanor. He personalizes each appointment with the individual patient. i have also been impressed at the proficiency and courtesy of the staff. That means a lot to the success of my whole experience. Since having diabetes from childhood, retinopathy has alway been a fear. Thankfully I feel safe with Dr. Patel.

May 21st, 2016
Highly Recommend
I recommend Dr. Patel highly. He is very smart, kind, and calm. He has taken the time to walk me through each phase and I trust him. I don't look forward to my appointments because I get nervous, but once he comes into the room I feel safe and well taken care of.

May 13th, 2016
Dr. Patel saved my eyesight and I will be forever grateful. Dr. Patel combines outstanding medical skill with a very pleasant way of interacting with patients. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

May 8th, 2016
Happy Patient
I was so nervous about being diagnosed with a retinal tear and needing surgery. Dr. Patel is so kind and gentle. He was very patient with me and never minded answering as many questions as I had. He promised me no pain and he was right! As my eyesight improves daily, he is my hero!

December 27th, 2015
Wonderful, kind MD!
Dr. Patel and his staff were very pleasant. Dr. Patel always treated me with kindness and respect and really eased my fears while undergoing a laser repair of a torn retina. I would recommend him highly.

November 24th, 2015
360 degree Excellence in Patient Care
I had a vitreous hemorrhage. For anyone who has had this happen to them know how scary it is to all of a sudden be blinded by blood that seeps between your retina and lens. Contemplating blindness for the rest of your life is not something a father of two young children wants to think about. But Dr. Patel and his staff immediately put me at ease through their friendly and competent care. I of course did my research and found his credentials speak for themselves. Most important, he had the extensive experience in the operating room, which I was advised as the most important decision criteria. Successful outcomes makes up for a lot on the bed side manner criteria. But when you get high marks on both, Dr. Patel and his team are an obvious choice. I'm rarely compelled to take the time to write a review on my care givers. But this is one time I'm actually excited to tell anyone who will listen that this care team sets the 5-Star example for the rest of our healthcare delivery system.

November 8th, 2015
retired
Dr Patel was very kind, very professional and made me feel at ease. The procedure went very well. Just had my last check up and everything looked really good. See Dr. Patel in a year. Would recommend him to my friends

August 6th, 2013
A very gifted doctor
I previously had a condition with my left eye, which was corrected by Dr. Arun C. Patel, M.D. of Retinal Consultants. He did a wonderful job correcting the problem and now my left eye is my best eye. He really is a magic man and I would highly recommend him to all who need his expertise. In addition, he has a wonderful bedside manner and his staff members are true professionals.

June 11th, 2013
Professional & Dedicated
I have been a patient of Dr. Arun Patel for nearly 10 years. I have age related wet macular degeneration in both eyes. I have been receiving shots in both eyes for over 6 1/2 years. This gentle, soft spoken, considerate, and professional doctor and his treatment for my condition has kept me from total blindness. He steadfastly refuses to let this disease take over my vision. I must travel an hour and a half each way to see him and its worth every minute and mile. I personally have recommended him to many and will continue to do so. He and his staff are the best ever.

June 7th, 2013
Diabetic Retinopathy
I have been a patient with Dr Patel for several years, referred by my opthamologist for retinopathy. Dr Patel has given me excellent service: professional, effective, patient and personable at all times. His availability in Stockton is limited ( Fridays) and therefore this office is often very busy. Usually my appointment is kept in a timely fashion, but occasionally there is a protracted waiting time. The staff is pleasant and accomodating.