Ophthalmologists
1805 N California St
Ste 406
Stockton, CA 95204
209-461-5291
Locations and availability (11)

|  A very gifted doctor  |  show details
by Nels Christensen on Aug 6th, 2013

I previously had a condition with my left eye, which was corrected by Dr. Arun C. Patel, M.D. of Retinal Consultants. He did a wonderful job correcting the problem and now my left eye is my best eye. He really is a magic man and I would highly recommend him to all who need his expertise. In addition, he has a wonderful bedside manner and his staff members are true professionals.

|  I trust Dr. Patel  |  show details
by Sandy Peirce on Aug 6th, 2013

Dr. Patel is very thorough and knowledgeable and personable. I saw him in his Sacramento office first when I experienced a retinal tear. He performed a laser repair the same day I saw him. He personally called after the surgery to see how I was doing. I have been having yearly checks since then, with no further problems. I would highly recommend him.

|  show details
by Jo Ann Norris on Jul 21st, 2013

Dr. Patel is the best. My surgery went perfectly with him. I was in bad shape when I was recommended to him by Dr. Hand. He is so polite and wonderful "bed side" manners. He takes very good care of my eyes. I wouldn't go to anyone else. I recommend him without any hesitation. He is 4 stars in my book. If you want any more information, you may contact me at my home address - 3718 Wood Duck Circle, Stockton, CA 95207. It gives me a very satisfying feeling to be able to rate Dr. Arun Patel.

|  Professional & Dedicated  |  show details
by Deborah Ortega on Jun 11th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Arun Patel for nearly 10 years. I have age related wet macular degeneration in both eyes. I have been receiving shots in both eyes for over 6 1/2 years. This gentle, soft spoken, considerate, and professional doctor and his treatment for my condition has kept me from total blindness. He steadfastly refuses to let this disease take over my vision. I must travel an hour and a half each way to see him and its worth every minute and mile. I personally have recommended him to many and will continue to do so. He and his staff are the best ever.

|  Diabetic Retinopathy  |  show details
by Robyn B on Jun 7th, 2013

I have been a patient with Dr Patel for several years, referred by my opthamologist for retinopathy. Dr Patel has given me excellent service: professional, effective, patient and personable at all times. His availability in Stockton is limited ( Fridays) and therefore this office is often very busy. Usually my appointment is kept in a timely fashion, but occasionally there is a protracted waiting time. The staff is pleasant and accomodating.

|  show details
by N. Burns on Dec 22nd, 2008

I went to see Dr. Patel for a vitreous detachment with a retinal tear. In the waiting room, I was approached by a staff member with eyedrops. She proceeded to put drops in my eye without identifying me or herself. I was taken to the back waiting area about 10 minutes later, given more eye drops. I never saw her wash her hands. I was put in an exam room, door left wide open. I was able to hear the complete exam of at least two other patients, one of whom Dr Patel yelled at constantly. This was an older man, oriental, who obviously did not understand english as his family was trying to interpret. When Dr Patel took the man to the laser room, he again yelled at the man to 'throw up in the basket, not the floor'. He would not allow any family member in the room to comfort or aid the man. He came in to exam me, no handwashing at any time. My laser surgery went well about 1/2 hour later. 3 days later when I returned for check up, again eyedrops from a staff with no handwashing or identification. I again was put in an exam room with door wide open, to hear Dr Patel yelling about an emergency patient who was traveling from Redding, CA (at least 2 hours away) who was late; and 'didn't he realize that it was 3:45 and Dr Patel had other things to do'. As my exam began, a staff member came into the room, and Dr Patel had her wait until he was finished with my exam. I expressed some concerns about something in my vision, and he dismissed me. I came back for laser on the other eye, prophylactically, and again he dismissed my concerns regarding the flashing in my eye. I never at any time observed him or his staff wash their hands before or after my exams. This is not acceptable in my book. If I had ever treated a patient of mine this way, I would have been fired.