Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

by Donald Olander on Jul 14th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Patel's for the past several years. On a routine visit he detected a torn retina. He immediately performed urgent surgery to repair the torn retina. I knew I was in good hands! Dr. Patel also performed more extensive surgery on my right eye to remove a macular pucker, which was restricting my eyesight.

Patient show details Patient
by Jill Sanguinetti on Jun 14th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Patel for over 25 years and he has saved my eyesight many times over. Professionally, he uses state of the art medical procedures and consistently has a gentle, caring demeanor. He personalizes each appointment with the individual patient. i have also been impressed at the proficiency and courtesy of the staff. That means a lot to the success of my whole experience. Since having diabetes from childhood, retinopathy has alway been a fear. Thankfully I feel safe with Dr. Patel.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Virginia Munz on May 20th, 2016

I recommend Dr. Patel highly. He is very smart, kind, and calm. He has taken the time to walk me through each phase and I trust him. I don't look forward to my appointments because I get nervous, but once he comes into the room I feel safe and well taken care of.

by chris rauwendaal on May 12th, 2016

Dr. Patel saved my eyesight and I will be forever grateful. Dr. Patel combines outstanding medical skill with a very pleasant way of interacting with patients. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
by Sharon L on May 7th, 2016

I was so nervous about being diagnosed with a retinal tear and needing surgery. Dr. Patel is so kind and gentle. He was very patient with me and never minded answering as many questions as I had. He promised me no pain and he was right! As my eyesight improves daily, he is my hero!

Wonderful, kind MD! show details Wonderful, kind MD!
by Rebekah F. on Dec 27th, 2015

Dr. Patel and his staff were very pleasant. Dr. Patel always treated me with kindness and respect and really eased my fears while undergoing a laser repair of a torn retina. I would recommend him highly.

360 degree Excellence in Patient Care show details 360 degree Excellence in Patient Care
by Dwight French on Nov 24th, 2015

I had a vitreous hemorrhage. For anyone who has had this happen to them know how scary it is to all of a sudden be blinded by blood that seeps between your retina and lens. Contemplating blindness for the rest of your life is not something a father of two young children wants to think about. But Dr. Patel and his staff immediately put me at ease through their friendly and competent care. I of course did my research and found his credentials speak for themselves. Most important, he had the extensive experience in the operating room, which I was advised as the most important decision criteria. Successful outcomes makes up for a lot on the bed side manner criteria. But when you get high marks on both, Dr. Patel and his team are an obvious choice. I'm rarely compelled to take the time to write a review on my care givers. But this is one time I'm actually excited to tell anyone who will listen that this care team sets the 5-Star example for the rest of our healthcare delivery system.

retired show details retired
by janet powell on Nov 7th, 2015

Dr Patel was very kind, very professional and made me feel at ease. The procedure went very well. Just had my last check up and everything looked really good. See Dr. Patel in a year. Would recommend him to my friends

A very gifted doctor show details A very gifted doctor
by Nels Christensen on Aug 6th, 2013

I previously had a condition with my left eye, which was corrected by Dr. Arun C. Patel, M.D. of Retinal Consultants. He did a wonderful job correcting the problem and now my left eye is my best eye. He really is a magic man and I would highly recommend him to all who need his expertise. In addition, he has a wonderful bedside manner and his staff members are true professionals.

I trust Dr. Patel show details I trust Dr. Patel
by Sandy Peirce on Aug 6th, 2013

Dr. Patel is very thorough and knowledgeable and personable. I saw him in his Sacramento office first when I experienced a retinal tear. He performed a laser repair the same day I saw him. He personally called after the surgery to see how I was doing. I have been having yearly checks since then, with no further problems. I would highly recommend him.

Professional & Dedicated show details Professional & Dedicated
by Deborah Ortega on Jun 11th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Arun Patel for nearly 10 years. I have age related wet macular degeneration in both eyes. I have been receiving shots in both eyes for over 6 1/2 years. This gentle, soft spoken, considerate, and professional doctor and his treatment for my condition has kept me from total blindness. He steadfastly refuses to let this disease take over my vision. I must travel an hour and a half each way to see him and its worth every minute and mile. I personally have recommended him to many and will continue to do so. He and his staff are the best ever.

Diabetic Retinopathy show details Diabetic Retinopathy
by Robyn B on Jun 7th, 2013

I have been a patient with Dr Patel for several years, referred by my opthamologist for retinopathy. Dr Patel has given me excellent service: professional, effective, patient and personable at all times. His availability in Stockton is limited ( Fridays) and therefore this office is often very busy. Usually my appointment is kept in a timely fashion, but occasionally there is a protracted waiting time. The staff is pleasant and accomodating.

by N. Burns on Dec 22nd, 2008

I went to see Dr. Patel for a vitreous detachment with a retinal tear. In the waiting room, I was approached by a staff member with eyedrops. She proceeded to put drops in my eye without identifying me or herself. I was taken to the back waiting area about 10 minutes later, given more eye drops. I never saw her wash her hands. I was put in an exam room, door left wide open. I was able to hear the complete exam of at least two other patients, one of whom Dr Patel yelled at constantly. This was an older man, oriental, who obviously did not understand english as his family was trying to interpret. When Dr Patel took the man to the laser room, he again yelled at the man to 'throw up in the basket, not the floor'. He would not allow any family member in the room to comfort or aid the man. He came in to exam me, no handwashing at any time. My laser surgery went well about 1/2 hour later. 3 days later when I returned for check up, again eyedrops from a staff with no handwashing or identification. I again was put in an exam room with door wide open, to hear Dr Patel yelling about an emergency patient who was traveling from Redding, CA (at least 2 hours away) who was late; and 'didn't he realize that it was 3:45 and Dr Patel had other things to do'. As my exam began, a staff member came into the room, and Dr Patel had her wait until he was finished with my exam. I expressed some concerns about something in my vision, and he dismissed me. I came back for laser on the other eye, prophylactically, and again he dismissed my concerns regarding the flashing in my eye. I never at any time observed him or his staff wash their hands before or after my exams. This is not acceptable in my book. If I had ever treated a patient of mine this way, I would have been fired.