Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Video profile
4466 W Br
Flint, MI 48507
810-733-1200
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Tamara Rothermel on Sep 23rd, 2014

Dr. Arun Dass has performed surgery on me four (4) times. I have had both wrists operated on for carpal tunnel, and two (2) trigger finger releases. Each time, Dr. Dass, and his staff were very professional, and I had no issues. My surgeries were successful, and the physical therapy I received at his facility was top-notch! Presently, I am experiencing another issue with trigger finger, and I am going to meet with Dr. Dass, very soon, to have it corrected.

|  Rotator Cuff  |  show details
by Deb M on Mar 31st, 2014

Dr Dass had me in surgery within a week and my recovery was amazing. He did a great job.

Mar 2nd, 2014

Dont like being referred to a P,A. after seeing this Dr. Dass for years.. Perfer to see Dr. Dass.

|  Analysis very quick & accurate  |  show details
by Stan M. on Jan 28th, 2014

I had DeCourvain's Tendonitis in my dominant wrist for 6 months before seeing Dr. Dass. I endured severe pain for that time period, along with 12 sessions of physical therapy, recommended by another doctor, which did nothing to relieve the pain. The surgery was in a building that was clean and professionally staffed, easy-in easy-out. We went for breakfast across the street immediately after. The pain was gone immediately after the surgery two months ago. I was able to use my dominant hand within a couple of days with no pain. I did wear a protective brace, so as not to bump the area tender from surgery for a couple of weeks. But now I have 95%, and climbing, of my grip back in that hand. I did a follow up with Dr. Dass' therapy center and passed all of their dexterity tests after they removed the stitches, and was discharged after the first visit. The only negative comment: the surgical follow-up was at their physical therapy center where they tried to sell me a $25 brace for $200. Other than that I am sorry I waited as long as I did for the surgery.

|  Very good experience  |  show details
by Jacob Yambrick on Jan 7th, 2014

The doctor seemed very knowledgeable. I broke my pinky finger on the side. Not in half, but a chip came off and turned sideways. After a thorough review of my x-rays, asking me questions and checking my range of mobility and such, he told me about the procedure he wanted to do. He said it would be common for a lot of doctors to leave it in a cast to heal, but it would greatly limit my finger's mobility in the future. So I had 2 surgeries under anesthesia. The first was to align the bone to it's original position and pin it. The second was to remove the pins. While my finger is a little stiff 4 years later, it's mainly due to calcification from spending so much time in a cast. When sharing my experience with a friend, she told me that she also had doctor Doss for her carpal tunnel surgery. She also had wonderful things to say about him. The only negative part I can remember is it had been a few weeks in a splint before I had my actual appointment with him, and then had to wait for my surgery date. I suspect this is normal though.

|  HORRIBLE!!  |  show details
by New Patient on Dec 2nd, 2013

This was the worst experience at a doctor's office that I have ever had! Terrible bedside manner! Hadn't even heard of my chronic illness and was more concerned with why I was on disability than fixing my broken thumb. He belittled my lifetime battle with type 1 diabetes and was completely insulting! In addition I sat there for 1.5 hours waiting to be called back. When I finally went to the window to ask I was told I was a "no show!" Needless to say I will be seeking another hand surgeon.

by Sheila on Mar 18th, 2013

Was worried from reading previous reviews. He was very pleasant for the 15 mins I spent with him. It took over an hour and fifteen minutes of waiting time. Was not happy that I had to pay for another xray, because I was told he wants his and not someone elses. I would recommend him to anyone. He is the best Ortho Dr. in Genessee.

Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr. Dass was very courteous, caring, and professional. On both visits we were seen at exactly the appointment time. We were very impressed!

May 7th, 2012

I was frustrated with my experience in this office. The wait time was long and then they moved you to another waiting room for additional waiting. The actual visit with the doctor was rather short and sweet. He asked for more tests which extended the time before a resolution could be achieved. My second appointment after various staff mistakes in test scheduling wasn't much better. After all that I'm still in limbo. Not happy with this experience at all. While sitting among his patients, their complaints/experiences were similiar to mine. Good luck to you!

|  Surgically Sound  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Difficulty with anesthesia put him behind schedule so he skipped speaking with me, and gave my family a two-minute recap. Follow up was the same. I felt as if I was on an assembly line. The surgery was successful, but would have been better, I believe, if he had not felt the need to hurry through.

|  Awesome Doctor!  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

Dr. Dass, is an excellent Doctor, I had my Elbow crushed during a fall..I never thought I would ever be able to use it again.I was wrong, not only can I use it, I can straighten it completely out...I have a lot of metal in my arm but it all went great...This is one Awesome Doctor!JP

|  Dr. Dass is self serving  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

Cant believe he refused to consult my child because she was taken to an ER he dose not approve of. What a winner you are. And to belive your colleagues refered you to us. Cant imagine that will happen again.

|  Best hand surgen in town  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

He fix my thumb it work again

|  My experience with Dr. Arun Dass  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2010

This physician is rude and arrogant. He dismissed all my concerns and did not address the questions I posed to him. I would not recommend to anybody. Stay away! There are plenty of other hand surgeons to choose from.

|  Great Visit  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

Visited Dr. Dass and he took care of everything I needed and treated me with absolute professionalism.

|  worst Dr. ever  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

he dont like people with medicaid while my wife and 3 children were in the office with me he said to me " how do you people do it. if your on medicaid how can you afford to smoke why must you be a burden on us tax payers". In front of my children. then he was convinsed that because i have been proscribed Vicodine sence 2004 that i was a didcted to them.but yet i had never asked him for any. the only thing i asked him to do was repair my shoulder and give me a cortizone shot to ease the pain until he could do the surgery... then he refused to do the surgery..... never been called a low life before... i maid $50,000 last year this year i have no jobplus i am 3 semesters away from a BS in construction management from Ferris State University not to mention 2 Associate degrees From Lansing Community College...