A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Arun Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Arun Rao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rao
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Rao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Arun Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Government Medical College, Nagpur.
Dr. Rao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
- Bristol Reg Medctr, Bristol, Tn
- Univ Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Arun Padmanabha Rao MD is a male Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Arun P. Rao practice?
- Dr. Arun Rao has 1 office location.
Dr. Arun Rao practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Kingsport, TN.
See Kingsport Internists and Kingsport Cardiologists.