A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Arun Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Arun Rao is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Arun Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Government Medical College, Nagpur. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Rao has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
- Bristol Reg Medctr, Bristol, Tn
- Univ Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Cigna - 16 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Arun P. Rao practice?
Dr. Arun Rao practices Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Bristol, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Kingsport, TN and Abingdon, VA.
See Bristol Internists and Bristol Cardiologists.