Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists

6290 Abbotts Bridge Rd
Ste 502
Duluth, GA 30097
770-623-8830
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  parent of patient  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

My daughter was a patient of his for 3 years, only there for med refills. Dr Pol has no personality at all. We did not go to him for over 6 months and were told we would be considered a "new patient" and could not be seen for 3 months. Found another Dr. Asked and followed up for 2 weeks for chart information to be sent to new Dr. The office staff told me it would be done. Went to the new Dr.... and no paperwork.. VERY RUDE office staff tried to tell me it was my fault!! I can honestly say, PLEASE don't go here. It is AWFUL!! Everything about it!

|  Horrible  |  show details
by Teresa Smith on Sep 11th, 2013

I went to See Dr. Pol, once. He told me to make an appt in a month and I did call but no one ever called me back. 99% of the time they don't answer the phone. I think the staff is unorganized and not friendly. When I visited I felt like they didn't care about you.

by Jlg94 on Jan 17th, 2013

Ok I have been trying to get an appointment with Dr. Pol for the last month and the freaking staff won't set one up. Instead there blaming me for not calling and making an appointment when I have called like 10 times and no answer. I am almost out of my medication and I need an appointment to get it refilled but I can't get a hold of Dr. Pol. He always reassures me that they his staff wil call back and set up an appointment. but they don't cause there lazy. Although Dr Pol isn't a horrible doctor his staff suck which makes me want to tell you don't even bother coming to him, it's not worth it!

Sep 11th, 2012

Dr. Pol is very knowledgeable, however he is just there to give medicine. He really does not sit and get enough info out of you before prescribing. His office staff are AWFUL. Rude and very unprofessional. Cannot be bothered. Office seems dirty.

|  Bad Experi  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DR POL!!! Without warning Dr Pol stopped returning calls to the pharmacy and me about my daughters prescription. We called and left messages for 4 days as result my daughter was without her meds for 5 days. When I drove to the office I was told "Dr. Pol can no longer see your daughter do to missed appointments". Very weird! Why not charge me for missed appointments? Communication and attitude from Dr. Pol and his staff is poor at best!ence

|  Office: Lacking professionalism and customer service MD: never not to meet.  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

First off I am not a person that is hard to please at all. Being in the medical field I have a lot of empathy and understanding of medical practices. I was referred by my pre marital counselor. I called them mid November to make an appointment as I was forewarned of how hard it was to get one. The office staff is a complete joke. When I called there was *never* an individual to speak with but there was an answering machine that I question they ever listen to. I have called several times and the office did call me back twice and being at work I was unable to get their call. The game of phone tag persisted and after the New year and a few more unanswered messages left on their machine I finally got someone to call me back. Apparently someone had already made me an appointment (without consulting me) and the secretary that I spoke with said "Well, I don't know what to tell you if you can't make it then you will have to wait till MARCH!" During my minute or so of the first conversation I had with the office staff she placed me on hold several times. I would never recommend this office to anyone. I was hoping to actually get an appointment and make the MD aware of the circus he has staged in the front office. The hospital I work for has instilled in the importance of professionalism and customer service into our care of patients and I have not seen one ounce of that from this practice.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2011

Dr. Pol is the best in his profession in the area. Many people seem to mistake his professionalism for a bad bedside manner. As for any meds that this doctor prescribes, he has been extremely careful & knowledgable. My young daughter has been seeing him for about 6 years, and he has made an amazing difference in my child's life. As for the office staff, once you become an established patient, you can get an appointment pretty quickly. I've experienced this at any specialist that I've seen. They aren't an overly pleasant bunch, but they always get my billing done quickly & correctly. I'll take that over manners any day.

|  Not Acceptable!!!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2010

Prescribes too many medications to young children. Some of these medications should not even be prescribed together bc it has such lethal interactions. What person would do this to a child??

by Kathryn Gartland on Feb 16th, 2010

Dr Pol is very thorough. He is always prompt in returning phone calls in an emergency. Under his care our son has shown vast improvement.

Aug 25th, 2009

I waited over a month for my first appointment. Then a day before they call for my insurance info. I already gave it to them a month earlier!..but they requested again...I said I didn't have my card on me when they called. They quickly told me I must get it or they will cancel my appointment for the next day. Very cold hearted bunch...they then told me that they had a lot of turnover in office...and that they were sorry for miscommunication earlier...if a doctor can't handle his folks in the office how is he going to help me? They were rude too. I never got in the office. I have great insurance too...Unfortunately, all they care about is the money in this office..Made me very stressed out.which is never a good sign if that is what you are going to see him for!!

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
by Jabberjaw on Aug 25th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I waited over a month for my first appointment. Then a day before they call for my insurance info. I already gave it to them a month earlier!..but they requested again...I said I didn't have my card on me when they called. They quickly told me I must get it or they will cancel my appointment for the next day. Very cold hearted bunch...they then told me that they had a lot of turnover in office...and that they were sorry for miscommunication earlier...if a doctor can't handle his folks in the office how is he going to help me? They were rude too. I never got in the office. I have great insurance too...Unfortunately, all they care about is the money in this office..Made me very stressed out┐.which is never a good sign if that is what you are going to see him for!!

|  Doctor did not want to be Bothered.  |  show details
by Snowy1 on Jan 19th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Arun Pol said he was not a disability specialist and no longer wanted to fill out my disability paperwork and treat me. He charged me $30 per form. He said I needed to find another Doctor ? My Therapist said this was just an excuse that he did not want to manage my care because of it's complicated nature ?

|  Excellent Doctor in Duluth  |  show details
by jnskthrn on Sep 24th, 2006 on kudzu.com

Dr.Pol is the best doctor I have ever had. As his patient he has been very compassionate, understanding and always there for me in crisis. Never was I left in the cold. I would definitely recommend him to my friends.