Dr. Aruna Seneviratne MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine New York, NY

June 17th, 2015
What the best go to Dr. Aruna M Seneviratne
As a patient who normally fears surgery, I never felt so comfortable with the service and care I received from Doctor Seneviratne. He explained the problem I had, he took the least restrictive measures first to correct my problem. When this did not work he explained the surgery I needed in detail. Dr. Seneviratne he gave me time to research the condition in order for me to understand. When I agreed to the surgery the care I received from Dr. Seneviratne in his office, the administrative staff and nurses in his office was excellent on prior to the surgery and calling me at home after surgery. Not only did the office staff call so did Dr. Seneviratne. The hospital were I received the procedure was also excellent from the moment I the facility until I left that day was superior to most hospitals. They also did follow up phone calls. I hope if you are reading this it will help, coming from someone who doesn't readily admit they are nervous about surgery. My experience was ever lasting, and would recommend Dr. Seneviratne and his team every time.

November 8th, 2012
my name is Ricardo Baldomero
just want to let you know i had torn meniscus went to doctor Aruna M Seneviratne at 7am was out by 10am and back to work in two weeks and feel great.I recommend doctor Aruna M Seneviratne to anyone who needs the procedure

September 24th, 2012
Dr Senenviratne and staff went beyond to make me fell comfortable and demonstrated totall professionalism from the time i met him, during his care , surgery, and follow-ups. I was amazed with the care and comfort that was given to my family and myself.His due care really enhanced my healing process and made it much easier for me and my family. Keep up the good works..A+ to you and staff.I will highly recomend Dr Seneviratne to anyone.

September 23rd, 2012
Need acl reconstruction? He is your man
Am walking five miles plus a day, 30 days after full acl reconstruction.21 page rehab plan is intense, but gets you back on your feet quick.Minimal scarring and very explicit expectation setting.Also have friends who've discussed their great experience as well

March 1st, 2012
great human being
I highly recomend this Doctor a great man and wonderful person

January 21st, 2011
A very happy and grateful patient
Dr. Seneviratne is a very knowledgeable surgeon whose surgical skills are second to none. Once in his presence you immediately realize the depth of his knowledge, and how he's able to correctly diagnose a situation. His staff was great to deal with. All of them were pleasant and were always looking to help you.While I had serious issues with my shoulder, and knee Dr. Seneviratne encouraged me to try physical therapy before choosing surgery.I eventyally chose surgery, and due to his surgical skills my recovery was amazingly fast. Within one week of my miniscus knee surgery I was walking around Disney world with my family.My shoulder surgery took a little longer to recover from, because I needed to wear a sling for a few weeks after surgery. But soon after removing the sling I was in physical therapy and within a couple weeks I once again had use of my arm. The pre-surgery pain is now gone from my shoulder and I'm gaining my strenght back to when before I had injured myself.Surgery is a big decision to make. And I truly believe that I made the right choice by choosing Dr. Seneviratne.

January 1st, 2011
Highly Recommend
Dr. Seneveratne understood where I needed to go with my athletics, I need to be the best I can, and I needed his help repairing the years of physical abuse to my body from personal training. He's conducted two surgeries on me so far, and everything has gone smoothly. I will definitely go to Dr. Seneveratne for the two shoulder surgeries I need in the future. Highly recommend.

December 8th, 2010
Dr. Seneviratne
I am a senior in high school and I just finished my football season. I injured my knee early in the year and Doc S got me back in time for playoffs and we won the state championship!! I owe it all to Dr. Seneviratne, he is a great doctor hand down.

September 1st, 2010
Great Surgeon
Dr. Seneviratne is an exceptional doctor. I had a partial knee replacement on both knees. The second day after my surgery I was able to walk using a walker. This should speak for itself. Before my surgery he took his time explaining to me my diagnosis and made sure I knew what my options were. He was very attentive and paid close attention to details. After my surgery Dr. Seneviratne continued to work with me. During follow ups Dr. Seneviratne paid close attention to my recovery. It has now been 3 months since my surgery and my recovery has gone better then expected thanks to Dr. Seneviratne.

July 23rd, 2010
SLAP Tear- Right Shoulder- Labrum
About a month ago, Dr. Senerviratne operated on my right shoulder repairing a pretty significant tear in my labrum. The surgery was performed at his state of the art facility in NYC and went extremely well; so well that I barely had any pain post-op and was walking around that day. Currently, I am 2 weeks ahead of schedule for physical therapy and I'm sure that that is a testament to the job done by Dr. Seneviratne. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at the circumstance), I have seen Dr. S more than this one instance and one of the many things that I've taken away from my visits with him is that not only is he incredible at what he does, he cares deeply about his patients and always offers accurate/specific advice for them as well. As an athlete, hopefully I won't have to call on him once again to "fix me up", but if need be, I know I'll be in good hands with Dr. Seneviratne.

December 4th, 2009
One of the best surgeons I have ever had. Zero side effects; perfect treatment. Great person who really cares.