Dr. Arvind Ahuja, MD
Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
SAVED MY LIFE! show details SAVED MY LIFE!
by JC on Aug 25th, 2016

I had neck surgery with Dr.Ahuja 4 years ago and I cant thank him enough for taking away the tremendous amount of pain I was in! Immediately after surgery the numbness and pain in my arms disappeared. Dr.Ahuja is such an understanding and caring doctor.I had some issues with my insurance company not covering some of the surgery and the doctor said not to worry about it because he would take care of me either way!To this day Dr.Ahuja has not billed me for anything outside the low payment the insurance covered.I recently visited the office to help with this matter .I met with a really helpful lady by the name of Christie B; she is magical on the phone and I am very happy we were able to turn things around!I would do anything for Dr.Ahuja he saved my life and I will be forever greatful!Thanks a million Dr.Ahuja!!!!

2nd Lease on life when Mayo, Froedtert, and Wheaton refused treatment show details 2nd Lease on life when Mayo, Froedtert, and Wheaton refused treatment
by Scott (verticle like an exclaimation point) Ostergaard on Aug 4th, 2016

Dr. Ahuja gave me a 2nd lease on life when all the other "in network" neurosurgeons refused. The entire staff were above and beyond of what was expected. When it came to the insursance debocle, Christie B showed patience and persevererance never experienced before. ^5^

Mar 28th, 2016

Did back surgery on me 4 years ago after a car accident. he had to go back after 4 months and do things over because he did them wrong. the best solution he has is seeing him every 3 months to get pain meds. recently he said he wanted to operate again. a second opinion has told me the screw is in crooked and pinching a nerve

Feb 15th, 2016

Worst bedside manner ever, would not explain results of surgery. Impatient when asked questions.

sure show details sure
by Jim perry jstambaugh1970 on Jan 15th, 2016

I seen him twice now he is very through answers all my questions seeing NFL and my favorite player Steve Nash made my day I checked the top 10 surgeons he was right there I knew I had to have him as my surgen little scars but him and his team especially Tanya she's the bomb surprised no ring on finger. But a lot of people put. Careers b 4 relation ships.

Extraordinary! show details Extraordinary!
by Barbara on Dec 13th, 2015

Dr. Ahuja is not only an incredably talented neurosurgeon, he is also an outstanding humane being. He shows genuine concern for his patients and it is his expectation that his staff is also genuine in their kindness. He has preformed surgery on my neck and my lower back, both, very successful. I highly reccomend him to anyone in need of spinal surgery. I woulnd never go to anyone else.

Won't go to any other Surgeon show details Won't go to any other Surgeon
by Rob Lofgren on Nov 6th, 2015

Dr. Ahuja and his staff are the best! I have been with them since a work injury in 2005. You can't ask for a better doctor or staff! Not only do they treat the symptoms, they treat the person and truly care about your OVERALL health. Thank you for everything you have done

by Maureen A on Oct 15th, 2015

5 stars the staff is very helpful courteous and answers your questions. Dr. Arvid Ahuja is a wonderful physician and has helped me greatly with pain control and procedures that have improved my quality of life in so many ways. In office and in hospital experience has been positive. The convenience of having your office visit exam testing needed and procedures in one location is a great plus for the patient. I have and would recommend Dr Ahuja and his clinic to anyone suffering from neck or back pain.

Retired LPN show details Retired LPN
by Ida Andersen on Oct 2nd, 2015

I had a fall and ended up in the ER at Kenosha Memorial Hospital. I woke up to a wonderful greeting & a smile from Dr. Arvind Ahuja. The care I was given was just wonderful. While I was in the hospital my heart stopped & I was told by the Kenosha staff I needed to have a pacemaker. It was also a question of whether or not I had a brain bleed? However I was reassured by Dr. Ahuja that I did not and was just so happy. But I will never forget Dr. Ahuja's SMILE ! His smile lit up the entire room. I was so pleased with the hospital. I have worked in healthcare previously & Kenosha hospital is by far the cleanest hospital I have ever been to. I will not go anywhere else. Just Fabulous!!! I am so very pleased with the care I was given overall. Thank-you Dr. Ahuja & staff.

Jun 3rd, 2015

Horrific doctor. Ruined my back

Disappointed show details Disappointed
May 1st, 2015

The staff is amazing but the doc is a fraud and all about doin crappy, rushed surgeries. I was told I needed surgery asap. Thank goodness I went for a second opinion because I was no where near bad enough for surgery and he had me taking the wrong dosage of medicine which once themes properly my pain was dramatically better. He also had misdiagnosed me. Thank goodness for second opinions or I might be paralyzed at 30!

Surgery for my chronic back pain show details Surgery for my chronic back pain
by Jason G on Mar 24th, 2015

Dr. Ahuja and his staff could the time to discuss the best treatment options for my back problems. Surgery proved to be the best route and I couldn't have been happier with the care.

Alberts Review of Dr. Arvind Ahuja show details Alberts Review of Dr. Arvind Ahuja
by Ronald C Alberts Jr on Mar 24th, 2015

I've had many appointments with Dr. Arvind Ahuja. At each appointment I'm impressed with Dr. Ahuja's blend of professionalism, confidence, knowledge, and bed-side manner. I always feel like I'm in good hands and that Dr. Ahuja cares about my well-being. I have referred people to Dr. Ahuja and will definitely continue to do so. I strongly recommend my doctor - Dr. Arvind Ahuja.

Pretty bad experience show details Pretty bad experience
by Roman on Mar 16th, 2015

My wife was having some really severe back and head problems, so she went to Dr Ahuja for a consultation and two MRIs. Each appointment with Dr. Ahuja was super brief (less than 5 minutes), and she never got concrete answers / recommendations from him on what to do to help recover and get better (even after her MRIs and diagnosis). After the fourth time going to Dr Ahuja, she told me, 'I feel like crying whenever I leave here.' It's pretty sad to get this kind of treatment, especially when you are paying over $1,000 for consultations and MRIs. I am sure Dr. Ahuja is a brilliant surgeon, but our experience with him was pretty bad. We will be seeing another neurosurgeon from now on. (The only compliment my wife had about the appointments was that Dr Ahuja's nurse was really nice and helpful. This is why I gave him 2-star review instead of 1-star.)

Saved my Life- Highly recommended show details Saved my Life- Highly recommended
by Mary Fischer-Tracy on Jan 29th, 2015

I need to review this doctor because he saved my life and there isn't enough money in the world to repay him for that. I had a brain anuerysm in a difficult to reach area of my brain. Dr. Ahuja was able to reach it and coil it in an emergency situation. Although his expertise is the most important part of this review the other part is Bed Side manner. Surgeons are suppose to be cool, non emotional, socially inept people. Not Dr. Ahuja. I have never had a surgeon so warm, patient,understanding and compassionate. He makes me laugh everytime I see him, he tells me "Don't worry, Trust me" and I do. My anuerysm was 3 years ago and to this day, he remembers me everytime I come in . AND his STAFF...Wow...The same people do my angiograms, the same people talk to me in my appointments. His staff has been with him for years which to me says a great deal about the man that they work for and what kind of person he is. And so...your first choice for a neurosurgeon should be Dr. Arvind Ahuja...I hope he is available for you.

" Feeling Great" show details " Feeling Great"
by Candace J. Stein on Dec 17th, 2014

After 25 plus years with chronic back pain, Dr. Ahuja and his surgical expertise reduced my pain through surgery. I am zip lining int he spring of (2015) in Puerto Rico. I would never have thought it possible. His technique in curing patients starts with the least invasive therapy. Surgery is the last resort. He and his staff helped me return to work promptly and resume a productive life.

Jul 23rd, 2014

I woke up with pain up in my legs and couldn't move it was unbearable they told I needed more surgeries right away... After 3 more and going through my front they removed lots of my spine and put metal in me now I'm on permanent disability.... I signed some waiver that allowed him to do this and more... Try to read the fine print this guys clever...

Retired Law Enforcement 35 Yrs show details Retired Law Enforcement 35 Yrs
by Michael Zenoni on May 15th, 2014

Dr. Ahuja was tasked with the removal of a tumor located and entwined about my spine and hip. The surgery was very difficult and went very well. It is now about 6-7 years later where other than a faint scar I have no adverse effects from the surgery and the tumor is for the most part gone. Dr. Ahuja is a GREAT Doctor and Surgeon. All the hospital staff had very high praise as do I.

"NEW PATIENT" show details "NEW PATIENT"
May 28th, 2013

The doctor and staff are very firendly! I felt like I was right at home!I have been to 3 other neurologist and they could not give me a specific diagnosis!Dr. Ahuja was very informative and explained my MRI in detail. Now after 2 years I finally have answers and I'm on the road to recovery!

Happy camper show details Happy camper
Feb 5th, 2013

I trusted Dr. with my life, I have had brain surgery and a back fusion. He a great doctor.

I would'nt even let this guy wax my car! show details I would'nt even let this guy wax my car!
Jan 22nd, 2013

Awfull "doctor", i would'nt reccomend him to anyone.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Very bad show details Very bad
Dec 3rd, 2012

While shooting a steroid block into my back. The Doctor is complaining to his nurse why two of the 15 beds are not full of patients needing the same thing. She told him they cancelled late and he groaned like it was his last dollar. Yes the needle is still in my back.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Run, don't walk, away from this Doctor! show details Run, don't walk, away from this Doctor!
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr Ahuja preformed a very poor surgery on my Mom. He rescheduled her surgery twice due to vacations and conferences. By waiting, more irreversible damage was created. After the surgery, he did not tell us that the surgery was unsuccessful, just that there was a small hematoma that had formed. Post operatively, my Mom's pain was not managed well and was unable to get out of bed for two days. Because of this, she ended up with a pressure ulcer since she the physicians staff would not order any preventative equipment or a wound care consult, despite my repeated requests. I requested a pain management consult which they refused to do. On day three when she was out of bed for a few hours, Dr.Ahuja came into the room and told her she could go home the following day. When I voiced my concern, he just patted my arm and told me to take her out in her wheelchair to "get some fresh air". I did lodge multiple complaints regarding her treatment as well as her inappropriate dicharge, but they fell onto deaf ears. In retrospect, I should have filed a complaint with medicare as well as JCAHO for inappropriate discharge and pain management issues as well as not taking proper precautions to prevent her from getting a UTI and pressure ulcer despite my repeated requests for proper prevention. My Mom's care in the hospital was not very well supervised since Dr. Ahuja employs multiple NPs and PAs, none of which would accept responsiblity for managing her care. Being elderly, my Mom was so out of it due to the poor medication management and being given meds inappropriate for the elderly. When I protested the discharge since I knew she was not ready, I was told that my Mom was a consenting adult and that they could not do anything about it. When she came home, she required around the clock care a month ater being discharged. In the follow up visits, we mainly dealt with different nurse practitioners each time and they along with Dr. Ahuja brushed off our concerns and we felt that we were not taken very seriously. My Mom was readmitted less than a month later due to her poor care and unsuccessful surgery. We ended up getting a consult at a different hospital and my Mom was told she needed a revision of the surgery. We received exceptional care at UW Madison, I wish we would have gone there in the first place. Dr. Ahuja is very personable when you see him, but you will be mainly dealing with his nurse practiotioners and you will be lucky to see him for more than two minutes. This website should have a rating on the success of the surgery, for which I would rate it as a zero. If Dr. Ahuja had a conscious, he would have referred us immediately to a surgeon more qualified. Instead, he refused to tell us and we had to figure it out on our own. Had we not sought out an different surgeon, my Mom would be in a nursing home now.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Aug 23rd, 2012

His follow-up care is non-existent. His PAs refused to remove the staples in my daughter's head after a craniotomy for a brain tumor, telling me to do it myself. He has a huge ego and lied right to my face about what he had ordered. Glad I took my daughter elsewhere.

Waste of time and money show details Waste of time and money
Nov 28th, 2011

I spent over an hour in the waiting room, the majority of the next hour with the PA and 3 minutes with the Dr. What a scam!

Excellent show details Excellent
Oct 18th, 2011

I recommend Dr Ahuja to my friends and family who are in need of a doctor with Dr Ahuja's medical talents and experience. He operated on me and took me from excruciating pain to pain free. I'm pain free to this day and I'm 66 yrs old. I would trust Dr Ahuja with my life and I did. Thank you

Sep 8th, 2011

Waited over 3 hours for a steroid injection all 3 times he performed them. He spent 5 mins with me before moving on to the next patient who also has been waiting hours. Nice man, overlooked and over extended.

Fixed my CSF leaks show details Fixed my CSF leaks
Jul 11th, 2011

He was brought in on my case after a simple lamenectomy by my orthopedic surgeon. I developed CSF leaks because of a tissue paper thin dura. My orthopedic surgeon repaired the dura once after my initial surgery, but headaches persisted and he consulted with Dr. Ahuja. Ultimately I had two more surgeries with Ahuja and my orthopedic surgeon was in on case. What I experienced is extremely rare and it's six weeks from my last surgery which repaired the third leak and I can happily say I am headache/leak free.Dr. Ahuja is so busy that he didn't spend a lot of time with me when he checked on me but his nurse, Jane, was most helpful.

Above and Beyond the Best!!!! show details Above and Beyond the Best!!!!
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Ahuja and his staff are absolutely the best! They have done 2 Major surgeries on my neck and lower back,only after trying all other measures first. Him and his staff not only saw the problems but also found other problems 3 radiologists didnt see. They REQUIRED my whole family to see and understand the reasons for surgery before proceeding.TOP NOTCH-

EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!! show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!
Dec 6th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja performed a spinal surgery on me 5 days before I was scheduled due to the increased pain in arm. I would recommend anyone and everyone to Dr. Ahuja... he has excellent bedside manners.. and makes you feel as though he has known you all your life when you go in for a visit/follow up/check up/or surgery!! Thank you ~

Nov 17th, 2010

He was able to find the source of my back pain and fix it. He has don wonders for my quality of life! I no longer sit on the sidelines watching life pass by, I'm in there playing the game! He's after care is top notch as well!

Oct 24th, 2010

I was very pleased with my care. Dr. Ahuja is a very busy surgeon, but he was able to diagnose and treat my back pain, and now I am on the road to recovery. I would recommend him for anyone who is having trouble with their back. He was able to help me feel better instead of just filling me with medications and shots.

Dr. Ahuja has helped me in many ways. show details Dr. Ahuja has helped me in many ways.
Oct 8th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja is incredibly careful and cautious. If it wasn't for him, I might have stayed on a drug that was hurting me. I have very complex back problems. He has been having me come in every couple months holding off surgery until it has become a necessity. My condition has deteriorated rapidly in a matter of 2 months. Now he is rushing up matters after speaking with all of my doctors. He forms faxed to all of them.In a matter of days the most important ones in my upcoming surgery had all spoken with him in one day. (I have never had a doctor do that before, except for him, with the medicine problem. It was not his prescription, so he sent out letters to make them all check that nothing was hurting me.) I could go on about him, and could also comment on what other people have said. He has a highly qualified staff and uses them well. I have had Dr. Ahuja and 5 other people in a room with me before. He is caring and he is certainly not arrogant.

Sep 9th, 2010

Would never see this arrogant man again. He is all about his money. Bed side manner is horrible. i could hear him speaking to his employees, and if i were an employee i would walk out being spoken to like that.

The Finest Surgeon and Staff show details The Finest Surgeon and Staff
Aug 29th, 2010

Thanks!

Brain Tumor Patient show details Brain Tumor Patient
Aug 6th, 2010

I had a difficult time with the fact that information was not shared freely with me. I was told very little about the actual operation, or any potential side effects. The surgery caused extremely painful nerve damage that I will have to deal with the rest of my life. When the neurologist that Ahuja sent me to relayed this information to them, they basically washed their hands of me, and pushed me off towards another doctor. You wait 2-3 hours in his office for about 5 minutes of their time. There must be a better Neurosurgeon in the Milwaukee area...

by KK on May 11th, 2010

The doc became highly recommended by my GP. I was quite impressed with his staff. It seemed that they were the ones who provided the diagnosis and he just agreed. Like the other reviewers said, he stops in for a minute or two at the end of my appointment. Even though he was quite nice, I really thought that I would be able to talk to him alittle. He basically said that he would fix me up. On my last visit I sat and talked to the PA since I was still in a lot of pain after my surgery and they kept giving me a different timeline on when I should feel better. First 6-8 weeks, then 4-6 months, 9-12 months, now 2 years. When I called about my symptoms returning, they did nothing.

May 5th, 2010

One of the best things about this Dr is his excellent staff. Everytime I had an appointment his assistants were extremely attentive. This Dr came highly reccomended to me and did help with an initial diagnosis. Past the diagnosis of the problem I wished I would have changed Drs before I did. I agree with the previous reviewer in that his treatment mostly seemed to be to tell me I was fine and tell me to reschedule again. He usally spends very little time with the patient as he seems to only step in breifly at the end of the appointment. I felt he didn't really listen and I usually left my appointments feeling like he just felt I was overreacting. I know they must see much more serious cases than me but to feel like the Dr dismisses the patient struggling with a condition, it is very disheartening while trying to live with being basically told to just deal with pain or side effects like it's no big deal. I have heard he is a great surgeon from others however he definitely lacks caring bedside manner and after reading up more on my condition decided to change Drs as some of the information he told me seemed to contradict with many things I had heard and felt myself. One positive thing I could appreciate was that he seemed to want to avoid surgery if at all possible- which was good.

Jan 14th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja only spends brief time with you. You mostly see his nurse or physician assistant. He also does not like to answer questions or provide complete information. He thinks he is helping you by saying everything is fine, you will be fine.