Arvind Ahuja, MD

Neurosurgery and Endovascular Associates of Milwaukee
2901 W Kinnickinnic River Pkwy., Suite 201
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414) 649-3232
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.2058823529412 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  "NEW PATIENT"  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

The doctor and staff are very firendly! I felt like I was right at home!I have been to 3 other neurologist and they could not give me a specific diagnosis!Dr. Ahuja was very informative and explained my MRI in detail. Now after 2 years I finally have answers and I'm on the road to recovery!

|  Happy camper  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

I trusted Dr. with my life, I have had brain surgery and a back fusion. He a great doctor.

|  I would'nt even let this guy wax my car!  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

Awfull "doctor", i would'nt reccomend him to anyone.

|  Very bad  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

While shooting a steroid block into my back. The Doctor is complaining to his nurse why two of the 15 beds are not full of patients needing the same thing. She told him they cancelled late and he groaned like it was his last dollar. Yes the needle is still in my back.

|  Run, don't walk, away from this Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr Ahuja preformed a very poor surgery on my Mom. He rescheduled her surgery twice due to vacations and conferences. By waiting, more irreversible damage was created. After the surgery, he did not tell us that the surgery was unsuccessful, just that there was a small hematoma that had formed. Post operatively, my Mom's pain was not managed well and was unable to get out of bed for two days. Because of this, she ended up with a pressure ulcer since she the physicians staff would not order any preventative equipment or a wound care consult, despite my repeated requests. I requested a pain management consult which they refused to do. On day three when she was out of bed for a few hours, Dr.Ahuja came into the room and told her she could go home the following day. When I voiced my concern, he just patted my arm and told me to take her out in her wheelchair to "get some fresh air". I did lodge multiple complaints regarding her treatment as well as her inappropriate dicharge, but they fell onto deaf ears. In retrospect, I should have filed a complaint with medicare as well as JCAHO for inappropriate discharge and pain management issues as well as not taking proper precautions to prevent her from getting a UTI and pressure ulcer despite my repeated requests for proper prevention. My Mom's care in the hospital was not very well supervised since Dr. Ahuja employs multiple NPs and PAs, none of which would accept responsiblity for managing her care. Being elderly, my Mom was so out of it due to the poor medication management and being given meds inappropriate for the elderly. When I protested the discharge since I knew she was not ready, I was told that my Mom was a consenting adult and that they could not do anything about it. When she came home, she required around the clock care a month ater being discharged. In the follow up visits, we mainly dealt with different nurse practitioners each time and they along with Dr. Ahuja brushed off our concerns and we felt that we were not taken very seriously. My Mom was readmitted less than a month later due to her poor care and unsuccessful surgery. We ended up getting a consult at a different hospital and my Mom was told she needed a revision of the surgery. We received exceptional care at UW Madison, I wish we would have gone there in the first place. Dr. Ahuja is very personable when you see him, but you will be mainly dealing with his nurse practiotioners and you will be lucky to see him for more than two minutes. This website should have a rating on the success of the surgery, for which I would rate it as a zero. If Dr. Ahuja had a conscious, he would have referred us immediately to a surgeon more qualified. Instead, he refused to tell us and we had to figure it out on our own. Had we not sought out an different surgeon, my Mom would be in a nursing home now.

Aug 23rd, 2012

His follow-up care is non-existent. His PAs refused to remove the staples in my daughter's head after a craniotomy for a brain tumor, telling me to do it myself. He has a huge ego and lied right to my face about what he had ordered. Glad I took my daughter elsewhere.

|  Dont be treated by Ahuja!  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

I had a personal Injury, he preformed multi-level fussion. Ahuja , in turn, Has done irreversable damage to me. I can not be fixed, and due to our laws governing malpractice, which sides with physicians, I have no merit for any monetary damages. It is now my quest for now on, to educate as many people as I can, that this So- Called "Physican/Surgeon" is nothing more than a "tax evading,Fraudulant" (Just google this), QUACK!!

|  Waste of time and money  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I spent over an hour in the waiting room, the majority of the next hour with the PA and 3 minutes with the Dr. What a scam!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

I recommend Dr Ahuja to my friends and family who are in need of a doctor with Dr Ahuja's medical talents and experience. He operated on me and took me from excruciating pain to pain free. I'm pain free to this day and I'm 66 yrs old. I would trust Dr Ahuja with my life and I did. Thank you

Sep 8th, 2011

Waited over 3 hours for a steroid injection all 3 times he performed them. He spent 5 mins with me before moving on to the next patient who also has been waiting hours. Nice man, overlooked and over extended.

|  Fixed my CSF leaks  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

He was brought in on my case after a simple lamenectomy by my orthopedic surgeon. I developed CSF leaks because of a tissue paper thin dura. My orthopedic surgeon repaired the dura once after my initial surgery, but headaches persisted and he consulted with Dr. Ahuja. Ultimately I had two more surgeries with Ahuja and my orthopedic surgeon was in on case. What I experienced is extremely rare and it's six weeks from my last surgery which repaired the third leak and I can happily say I am headache/leak free.Dr. Ahuja is so busy that he didn't spend a lot of time with me when he checked on me but his nurse, Jane, was most helpful.

May 17th, 2011

After much research, I have discovered that Dr. Ahuja is "in the back pocket of St. Luke's Medical Center" therefore nullifying all the glowing reports he allegedly gets. Dig deeper and one may find medical malpractice rampant as well as medical fraud!!!!

|  Above and Beyond the Best!!!!  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Ahuja and his staff are absolutely the best! They have done 2 Major surgeries on my neck and lower back,only after trying all other measures first. Him and his staff not only saw the problems but also found other problems 3 radiologists didnt see. They REQUIRED my whole family to see and understand the reasons for surgery before proceeding.TOP NOTCH-

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja performed a spinal surgery on me 5 days before I was scheduled due to the increased pain in arm. I would recommend anyone and everyone to Dr. Ahuja... he has excellent bedside manners.. and makes you feel as though he has known you all your life when you go in for a visit/follow up/check up/or surgery!! Thank you ~

Nov 17th, 2010

He was able to find the source of my back pain and fix it. He has don wonders for my quality of life! I no longer sit on the sidelines watching life pass by, I'm in there playing the game! He's after care is top notch as well!

Oct 24th, 2010

I was very pleased with my care. Dr. Ahuja is a very busy surgeon, but he was able to diagnose and treat my back pain, and now I am on the road to recovery. I would recommend him for anyone who is having trouble with their back. He was able to help me feel better instead of just filling me with medications and shots.

|  Dr. Ahuja has helped me in many ways.  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja is incredibly careful and cautious. If it wasn't for him, I might have stayed on a drug that was hurting me. I have very complex back problems. He has been having me come in every couple months holding off surgery until it has become a necessity. My condition has deteriorated rapidly in a matter of 2 months. Now he is rushing up matters after speaking with all of my doctors. He forms faxed to all of them.In a matter of days the most important ones in my upcoming surgery had all spoken with him in one day. (I have never had a doctor do that before, except for him, with the medicine problem. It was not his prescription, so he sent out letters to make them all check that nothing was hurting me.) I could go on about him, and could also comment on what other people have said. He has a highly qualified staff and uses them well. I have had Dr. Ahuja and 5 other people in a room with me before. He is caring and he is certainly not arrogant.

Sep 9th, 2010

Would never see this arrogant man again. He is all about his money. Bed side manner is horrible. i could hear him speaking to his employees, and if i were an employee i would walk out being spoken to like that.

|  The Finest Surgeon and Staff  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2010

Thanks!

|  Brain Tumor Patient  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2010

I had a difficult time with the fact that information was not shared freely with me. I was told very little about the actual operation, or any potential side effects. The surgery caused extremely painful nerve damage that I will have to deal with the rest of my life. When the neurologist that Ahuja sent me to relayed this information to them, they basically washed their hands of me, and pushed me off towards another doctor. You wait 2-3 hours in his office for about 5 minutes of their time. There must be a better Neurosurgeon in the Milwaukee area...

by KK on May 11th, 2010

The doc became highly recommended by my GP. I was quite impressed with his staff. It seemed that they were the ones who provided the diagnosis and he just agreed. Like the other reviewers said, he stops in for a minute or two at the end of my appointment. Even though he was quite nice, I really thought that I would be able to talk to him alittle. He basically said that he would fix me up. On my last visit I sat and talked to the PA since I was still in a lot of pain after my surgery and they kept giving me a different timeline on when I should feel better. First 6-8 weeks, then 4-6 months, 9-12 months, now 2 years. When I called about my symptoms returning, they did nothing.

May 5th, 2010

One of the best things about this Dr is his excellent staff. Everytime I had an appointment his assistants were extremely attentive. This Dr came highly reccomended to me and did help with an initial diagnosis. Past the diagnosis of the problem I wished I would have changed Drs before I did. I agree with the previous reviewer in that his treatment mostly seemed to be to tell me I was fine and tell me to reschedule again. He usally spends very little time with the patient as he seems to only step in breifly at the end of the appointment. I felt he didn't really listen and I usually left my appointments feeling like he just felt I was overreacting. I know they must see much more serious cases than me but to feel like the Dr dismisses the patient struggling with a condition, it is very disheartening while trying to live with being basically told to just deal with pain or side effects like it's no big deal. I have heard he is a great surgeon from others however he definitely lacks caring bedside manner and after reading up more on my condition decided to change Drs as some of the information he told me seemed to contradict with many things I had heard and felt myself. One positive thing I could appreciate was that he seemed to want to avoid surgery if at all possible- which was good.

Jan 14th, 2010

Dr. Ahuja only spends brief time with you. You mostly see his nurse or physician assistant. He also does not like to answer questions or provide complete information. He thinks he is helping you by saying everything is fine, you will be fine.