Dr. Arvind Patel MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Columbus, GA

3.0

April 7th, 2016
Rude, Rude, Rude
You always wait 2-3 hrs each visit, because they overbook every time slot. The staff it totally rude, and the office is nasty.

April 29th, 2015
My child has seen this dr approximately a year and I do not feel he takes enough time to truly understand what is going on. We have been from one medicine to another and it doesn't help. Not to mention you place a bunch of kids with ADHD in an office together and leave them sit for 3 hours before you actually see them and it makes for very upset parents.

February 25th, 2015
The wait time was more than normal, but he takes time with each patient

October 9th, 2014
Overmedicated Overmedicated Overmedicated Overmedicated
Overmedicated me and my son. We now see a different doc and things are better. Wait times were over 4 hours. Everyone was given an apmt at 9am or 2pm.

February 27th, 2014
Experience Counts
My son was seen by various pediatricians and also psychiatrist . He was tried on many diferent medication but instead of getting better his problems gotten worse over 5 year oeriod. At the end one of my freind suggested i should take my Child to Dr A Patel and I did. He spoke to me listen to me carefully and also checked my child than he gave him medication and what a mirracle my child showed imorovement in just 10 days. Some patiets who are seeking drugs would not be happy withDr. Patel as he refusses to prescribe them controlle meication if they do not need them.

November 26th, 2013
Never go here!
We have had a horrible experience with this doctor! Rude staff, they won't return a call about a suicidal patient and then when he was seen the next day, he was told to never, ever tell anyone he was suicidal!!! As others have said the doc changes meds and takes you off of them without gradually cutting back. I wish there were a rating choice of no stars, but because there isn't the lowest we can go is 1 star.

September 20th, 2013
THE WORST
The waiting room was extremely dirty. The staff definitely didn't have any customer service training. I waited over an hour, I decided to go up to the front desk. I told the woman I have been waiting over an hour and need to reschedule (thinking the doctor was behind that day). She then told me this wait is a normal thing. Dr. Patel is rude, quadruple schedules, tries to shuffle you out in 5 minutes, doesn't listen to what we say, only wants to prescribe meds and is always changing them. The worst chils psych you could go to.

April 9th, 2013
I feel like Dr. Arvind Patel is a good doctor. My son is a patient of his. I was well satisfied with the way he treated my son. I would recommend him to anyone.

March 8th, 2013
Be Careful With This Doctor!
I have been going to this doctor off & on for 5 years. I had a VERY bad withdrawal experience from a medication he told me wouldn't cause withdrawal symptoms. The internet said it would & to never quit the medicine cold turkey. I called him & he argued with me & told me to take Benedryl. After that, I changed doctors immediately! I would never trust him!! If you're going to an appointment, you better free up 3 hours. The office is gross & doesn't look even half professional. I actually did like the front desk lady though, she was always nice to me. The only good thing about him is if you needed to talk to him, you could call & they would put you through even if he was with a patient. But you can barely understand him.

June 28th, 2011
The worst staff ever!! The b athroom had gang signs all over it! My husband took half a day to go take me! He is in the military! I waitedover a hour! I walked out after seeing that BATHROOM!

November 23rd, 2010
The waiting room was extremely dirty. The staff definitely didn't have any customer service training. I waited over an hour, I decided to go up to the front desk. I told the woman I have been waiting over an hour and need to reschedule (thinking the doctor was behind that day). She then told me this wait is a normal thing. I didn't see Dr. Patel. I don't have all day to sit in a dirty waiting room. Another woman there was waiting over 2 hours before she was seen. I will not be going back!!

June 1st, 2010
Always a 4 hour wait and said Tricare patients don't matter...
After waiting for 3+ hours again and, He refused to see me at his office after I confronted.