Dr. Arvinder Chani MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 22nd, 2017
Dont waste your time.....
I have seen Dr Chani a few times . He is not empathetic at all. He is very scatter brained and forgets everything. Each time i would see him we would go over the same thing. He would ask me the same questions every single visit . He is not a good psychiatrist and i would not reccomend you see Dr.Chani for any psychiatric reason. There are several great psychiatrists in Bowling Green that actually listen to you and do what is best for you.

January 10th, 2015
Won't go back
Initial appointment got scheduled within a month. First appointment was thorough and appropriate. He took a lot of notes on yellow notebook paper. I remember feeling like he pigeon holed me into a diagnosis and didn't listen to anything else I said after that. But this was my first time and didn't know what to expect. One month later I showed up for my second appointment and he took me into his office and then looked on his computer for a moment. Looked around on his desk, then persisted to rifle through a drawer of yellow papers until he found mine. This obviously meant that my case hadn't crossed his mind since I left his office the first time. He glanced over his notes and then asked me all the same questions he asked me the first session. It only lasted about 15 minutes and he sent me on my way. Luckily, at the first meeting he suggested that I start seeing a therapist on campus weekly. The therapist got to know me and totally discredited Dr Chani's drive by diagnosis and I never went back to see Dr Chani. Weekly therapy helped me over my depression and is way more affordable! If you have an appointment with Dr Chani, I recommend that you call 30minutes to an hour ahead of your apt and just ask if they're running behind. I don't have an hour to waste in his waiting room, so that's what I did and both times they were behind. So when I got there I didn't have to wait long.

May 7th, 2014
Front Office has its good days and less good days. I have been booked twice but incorrectly but they made room for me in his schedule. Since due to insurance, therapy is limited, my suggestions are to write down a point by point of what is going on... when it started, what was happening when it started... you get the idea. Doctors dont have the time to get to know us that they used to. But as I get to know this doctor I like him very well. But it did take 6 months to get initial appointment.

May 14th, 2013
Very unprofessional and zero accountability...
Arrived at appt 15 min early and waited until 35 min after my scheduled appt time to ask if they were running behind. They told me they were running 30 min behind--I already waited 35 min. I sat down and waited another half hour at this point I was "probably" next. My wife called the front office from home and was immediately put on hold. She waited and after 2 min and 13 sec they picked up and put her on hold again without waiting for her answer to the question, " may I put you back on hold". After 3 min the same thing again... Then after the next three min she hung up and called back. She spoke with Leann who told her they were very busy and the phone was ringing off the hook. I was sitting there listening to three ladies talking about what they were ordering for lunch--- wraps, soups,salads! The phone at the front wrang four to five times in the hour and a half I was in there. This office is unprofessional and they clearly have no good reason to repeatedly put people on hold.

August 30th, 2011
All right
Doesn't spend a lot of time with me. My first visit took 10 minutes. I don't feel like he really got to know about my situation. I told him about a side effect I was having from being on a new medication and he said "really? that's not very common" like I was making it up. His bedside manner is just acceptable. He's not great.

June 15th, 2017