Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
Himg
5170 US Route 60
Huntington, WV 25705
304-528-4645
Locations and availability (2)

|  Positive experience  |  show details
by Barbara T. on Feb 5th, 2014

When I learned I had to see an oncologist I was very fearful. When I met with Dr. Bir I found him to be caring, knowledgable and very supportive. He instilled confidence and hope. I believe him to be an excellent Doctor and know he is a very kind person. If I ever need an oncologist again I will definitely see him. Bottom line is that I trust and respect him. There is a wait in the office but it is well worth it.

|  show details
by Michelle Oney on Sep 26th, 2013

Dr. Bir is my angel. At the age of 36 I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Of course I was devastated ! But Dr. Bir encouraged me through some very aggressive treatment. When I felt like I couldn't keep fighting, he wouldn't let me give up. He holds his patients hands & hugs them. He truly cares about his patients. I can't imagine ever getting through my cancer journey without him. I believe that their are angels amongst us. And Dr. Bir is one of them!

|  Administrative Associate  |  show details
by Bonnie Ross on Jul 14th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Bir was a very nice and pleasant. He treated me while I was in St Mary's Hospital while Dr. Silbermins was not on call. Very professional and a good bedside manner, which you don't see that much anymore. I trust his judgement, and his expertize. I would recommend him to anyone that would need is diagnosis.

|  Cancer Patient  |  show details
by Kelly on May 31st, 2013

Not sure why anyone would have rated Dr Bir poorly. He is a great doctor, he cares, and he takes the appropriate amount of time with each patient. He never rushes me, told me that If I was every freaked out and just needed reassurance, I could call him. If I had to guess, I would say that he might have received a 1 due to the office staff. Most of the nurses are fantastic there, but as anywhere, there are a few that are giving the rest a bad name. Dir Bir cares about that stuff and I plan on telling him during the next visit.