Internist, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  9/25/14  |  show details
by Debbie D on Oct 5th, 2014

I am writing this to let people know how grateful my family and I are to Dr. Bir. My mother has had small cell lung cancer for 3 years now. Dr Bir is a great doctor. My mother loved him in every way as her doctor. He has a big heart and very sincere for his patients. He gives his patients hope and encourages them in a lot of way. My mom use to say I'm not doing nothing until I talk to Dr. Bir. He's is the best. If for some reason I need a doc like him he would be the one I'd would go to and recommend. We took my mother back to see him 2 weeks ago and he told her there is nothing they could do for her now only make her comfortable. She has 4-6 weeks to live. When he had to tell my mom this we could see the hurt and compassionate he had in his eye for her. Dr Bir is the best. Wouldn't want no better doctor.

|  Positive experience  |  show details
by Barbara T. on Feb 5th, 2014

When I learned I had to see an oncologist I was very fearful. When I met with Dr. Bir I found him to be caring, knowledgable and very supportive. He instilled confidence and hope. I believe him to be an excellent Doctor and know he is a very kind person. If I ever need an oncologist again I will definitely see him. Bottom line is that I trust and respect him. There is a wait in the office but it is well worth it.

|  show details
by Michelle Oney on Sep 26th, 2013

Dr. Bir is my angel. At the age of 36 I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Of course I was devastated ! But Dr. Bir encouraged me through some very aggressive treatment. When I felt like I couldn't keep fighting, he wouldn't let me give up. He holds his patients hands & hugs them. He truly cares about his patients. I can't imagine ever getting through my cancer journey without him. I believe that their are angels amongst us. And Dr. Bir is one of them!

|  Administrative Associate  |  show details
by Bonnie Ross on Jul 14th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Bir was a very nice and pleasant. He treated me while I was in St Mary's Hospital while Dr. Silbermins was not on call. Very professional and a good bedside manner, which you don't see that much anymore. I trust his judgement, and his expertize. I would recommend him to anyone that would need is diagnosis.

|  Cancer Patient  |  show details
by Kelly on May 31st, 2013

Not sure why anyone would have rated Dr Bir poorly. He is a great doctor, he cares, and he takes the appropriate amount of time with each patient. He never rushes me, told me that If I was every freaked out and just needed reassurance, I could call him. If I had to guess, I would say that he might have received a 1 due to the office staff. Most of the nurses are fantastic there, but as anywhere, there are a few that are giving the rest a bad name. Dir Bir cares about that stuff and I plan on telling him during the next visit.