Dr. Arwyn Hood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

October 1st, 2012
Rude
She bounced into my room and told me my diagnosis with a smile on her face. I was in a lot of pain and shocked that she was telling me the name of my disease as if I had won the lottery. She talks a million miles a minute and chuckled at my questions. I got angry with her behavior and told her to stop laughing at me. She left and slammed the door. Bizarre woman!!

June 19th, 2011
This doctor was completely dangerous in the ER--we had to go over her head to get care for an incapacitated invidividual. Extremely rude, unprofessional and exhibited bizarre behavior.

June 6th, 2011
Dr Arwyn Hood ER visit
Dr Hood was extremely kind to my mother, who was very afraid and who had Alzheimer's. She held her hand, talked to me at length, and did not leave the room until I was comfortable with what was going to happen. I wish every doctor at Tacoma General was as patient and helpful.

December 28th, 2010
Hard to believe
Dr. A. Hood was not a good listener. I was seen by her in the E.R. and she was condescending, (she actually chuckled at what she must have thought were obvious or silly questions) and impatient. Her body language made me feel like she didn't want to touch me, therefore didn't even examine the main reason for being there. So, in the end, she didn't even make a diagnosis for my main complaint. When she came to see me for "final diagnosis", she didn't even enter the room completely, stood by the open door saying that the nurse would come in to discharge me. It was not only an unpleasant visit, but scary that she didn't even treat the most important issue.

August 2nd, 2010
I believe Dr. Hood is probably a competent emergency room physician.However, she is sarcastic, disrespectful and borderline rude.If I were in that ED again, I would request a different doctor.