Dr. Arya Farahmand MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 6th, 2016
He Is Negatively Different From When I First Met With Him
I have met with Dr. Ayra Farahmand about four times. The first and 2nd time he was pleasant, seemed intent with my concerns and was efficient to order ...

October 3rd, 2016
AVOID
I am an open-minded, patient professional who has dealt with every type of Doctor a fifty year old with three athletic children could encounter. I saw Dr F. In Lowell after a dizzy spell and vertigo like symptoms persisted over a short period of time. He acted as though I was interrupting something more important and he had no meaningful insights or information to help educate us or ease our fears. Five weeks later after undergoing Ambulatory EEG, lab work, Cat scan, MRI amongst other tests he shrugged his shoulders when we asked what caused what he determined to be a stroke like dot on my MRI. No explanation. No discussion period unless you ask. Again, felt like I was an annoyance. Cold, unprofessional with zero bedside manner.

July 6th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor
Exceptional Doctor. Took the time with me, very thorough. Would recommend it to anybody that wants a very good Doctor who will take time, do research and prompt .

January 2nd, 2015
Worst Experience since Diagnosed with Epilepsy
I also posted this on google review... I saw Dr. Farahmand during my stay at Lowell General hospital for a grand mal seizure I had. The medication I was using to treat my seizures (keppra) was not working, as the side effects of irritability and lethargy were too much for me. I asked Farahmand if I could switch AEDs to something with less side effects, and her response was "I shouldn't have to deal with this." When I asked her about using CBD (a chemical in cannabis that has potential to be used as an AED) she told me that using cannabis was the reason for my seizures (despite the fact that I've had partial seizures since I was a child, and despite the epilepsy foundation publishing evidence that shows cannabis has beneficial properties for epileptics). She was incredibly hostile to me, and my family, and spent less time speaking with me about my condition than any other doctor I saw during my week stay there. Definitely would not suggest this doctor to anybody else, she was completely unprofessional, and meeting her in my vulnerable state left me in tears. If I could rate her a half star I would have.

March 28th, 2014
I did not like the manner in which I was treated by Dr. Farahmand. I found him to be cold, disrespectful and condescending. It was as though he had better things to do then to discuss my case. Very disappointed. Everyone else was pleasant and respectful in the office in Lowell.

September 24th, 2011
I have had epilepsy since I was 12 years old. After growing "too old" for my previous neurologist, I was recommended to Dr. Farahmand. Although the wait time in the office is short, the visits are just as short (about five minutes). All he does was repeatedly ask if I was drinking or doing drugs every visit, and asked if I needed refills. Also, since he leaves his office so early, it's hard to get an appointment at a time that's convenient for me and not just for him. In August, I saw him one last time before moving to California from Massachusetts, and asked him if I would still be ale to obtain refills by phone with him (as in he would call the pharmacy and/or fax them refills as I needed them). He told me everything would be in order and it wouldn't be a problem, and he also said there would be no need to give me refills for my two medications (even though I needed the regular five refills for both of them, and he never hesitated to give me refills before). A few weeks after arriving in California, I ran out of one of my prescriptions and headed to the pharmacy to use my last refill. However, my request to refill was denied because my prescription had expired, which has NEVER happened before. I called Dr. Farahmand's office, but he had left for the day and his secretary obviously couldn't refill my prescription over the phone for me since he wasn't a doctor. I spoke to a few various secretaries on the phone before a kind woman said she'd leave a message in case he called the office. I got a phone call about 20 minutes later from what turned out to be Dr. Farahmand's cell phone, telling me that there was NO WAY he could refill either of my prescriptions for me (one is a "controlled substance", which absolutely NEEDS his approval), and that I should just find a new doctor out here in California. I tried telling him time and time again that I needed at least a few pills to get me by until I found a doctor out here, but he said it was impossible for him to do so. This was AFTER I had sat in his offcie, told him I was moving, and had him PROMISE me that he would be able to refill both my medications NO PROBLEM! I then asked him how I could reach him by saying "So to reach you, should I call this number or a different number?", because at the time I did not know he was calling from his personal cell phone. He then proceeded to SCREAM AT ME, "No, no, absolutely not, DO NOT CALL THIS CELL PHONE DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THIS IS MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE NUMBER AND IF YOU CALL IT I WILL NOT ANSWER. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME YOUNG LADY?" and then he hung up before I could even apologize for asking a simple question. Left crying, I had no choice but to drive to a local hospital and pay $150 just to get a 14 day refill from the ER. Dr. Farahmand is NOT a doctor I would recommend to anyone, no matter what problems they have, he neglected me and REFUSED to take a mere five minutes out of his time to call the local pharmacy here and give me more refills THAT I DESPERATELY NEEDED. To get yelled at by a doctor you should be able to trust is not right, and to be denied refills because you're far away is malpractice. I will of course be finding a new neurologist out here, but I can assure you that Dr. Farahmand is not helpful at all, whether you're at home or 3,000 miles away.

August 30th, 2011
5 Stars!
After visiting 3 different neurologists who either misdiagnosed me, or just "brushed me off". It was like I was just more money for them. But Dr. F has finally diagnosed me. After 10 years, he has gotten my seizures under control, while also caring about my wellbeing. I can't thank him enough. Also, he is a very kind and friendly man!