Ophthalmic Plastic and Facial Reconstruction
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
great experience show details great experience
by Todd on Jan 14th, 2015

first, I have to say Dr. Morton has taken good care of the few eye issues I've had. the major one being Basal Cell skin cancer in the lower left lid. A dermatologist did the cancer removal surgery and the next day Dr. Morton did the reconstruction. The downside to this procedure was the possibility of a skin graft in the reconstruction phase, resulting in the eye being sewn shut for 3-4 weeks... something i was not looking forward to. Fortunately Dr. Morton worked his magic, he was able to do the reconstruction without a skin graft... I was one happy man when he was done. Understand the was the 5th skin cancer surgery in 4 months. By this time I was numb and not looking forward to another series of surgeries with pre and post op visits. However Dr. Mortons office staff are excellent, they made me laugh and they understood i had been through a lot and made me feel right at home, trust me this makes a huge difference. Not all offices are like this.. Bottom line I'm grateful, Dr. Morton did a good job and my eye was not sewn shut, I love his staff, they ROCK! I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Morton and Eye Care, they have always taken good care of me.

Pleased Patient show details Pleased Patient
by Leon D on Jun 19th, 2014

I had several skin tags all over my eye and one very large one that was obscuring my vision. I had a great experience with Dr. Morton. It was easy to get an appointment, his staff sent me out the forms ahead of time so I didn't have to fill out stuff on a clipboard which always irritates me, I was seen on time and the procedure was done well. There was even plenty of parking! I'm very pleased with my experience.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Marilyn Jenkins on Feb 7th, 2014

I went to Dr. Morton for drooping eyelids. When he examined me I also decided to do a lower lift. Dr. Morton was excellent! After 6 months I returned for a follow up and we decided to make the upper eyelids more even. When I first went to him, both my eyelids were very uneven. After the second (and very fast) surgery, I have excellent results. My upper eyelids are even and my friends have told me how rested I look due to my lower lids. My own doctor recommended Dr. Morton to me and I am so very thankful he did.

Jan 20th, 2014

I needed to see Dr. Morton in an emergency situation. He was kind, thorough and skilled. I truly appreciated his expertise and knowledge in dealing with a difficult eye problem.

finally! show details finally!
by C. Harris RN on Jan 9th, 2014

I suffered with a blocked tear duct for 6 years and had been misdiagnosed by several docs to the point where I couldnt see out of that eye. Thanks to Dr. Bokowsky and Dr. Morton I got the correct dx and surgical treatment. As an RN I was very impressed with their level of professionalism and advanced knowledge. Their office staff is to be commened for their pleasant and helpful attitude towards patients. Really couldnt have had a better experience. Thank You to DR Bokowsky and Dr. Morton!

Great Service show details Great Service
Nov 28th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Morton for any and all of your eyecare and facial surgery needs. My experience was excellent, with prompt service and a delicate procedure done to exacting standards. You will also get the Dr. Morton sense of humor, which will always leave you smiling. Two thumbs up!

Live and Learn show details Live and Learn
Jul 29th, 2013

If you want mediocre work/results at an expensive price Dr Morton is the Doctor for you! He should stick with geriatrics and cataracts! Mediocre being the key word!

He is well protected show details He is well protected
Jun 9th, 2013

After 5 years since my experience with Dr. Mortion I have had nothing but complications. I just want to bring you up to date on whats happening to me . As a result of the brow lift which left me permanently paralyzed in the right forehead area. According to the results of the neurologist report, I should not expect the function of it to return ever. Four years later the function has not returned and now leaves me having to be dependent every 3 months on Botox to prevent me from having severe headaches and to create an appearance of cemetery. Also, my left temple area is without feeling; this is permanent too. As a result of my eye lid surgery, and the extreme tightening of my lower left lid my eyesight has diminished. I also suffer with issue with the Meibomian glands that produce the oils necessary to lubricate my eyes they on longer function properly leaving my eyes in pain and have to be constantly attended daily with some form of prescription and artificial drops to try to elevate the constant pain ( In the form of dry burning stinging that I have to live with every day ) feel as if I look at the world through broken glass. Dr, Morton suggested a mid-facelift. Since then I’ve been treated with steroid injections for infection in my right cheek and also with antibiotics, which is on-going. It's hard to say how I feel " Sad " Regret " five years is long time. I can't even walk or drive past that building on 3rd. Ave.. I always turn my head less the pain inside takes over. I do survive. As a result I now have to ware BostonSight PROSE PROSTHETIC DEVICES (to protect my eyes from CHRONIC DRY SYNDROME ) Untill this I never even hed to ware glasses Whats so sad is my level of thrust in Dr. has been broken. It took me years to find some relief after I was dismissed by Dr. Morton With Much Regret

Surgery that lasts show details Surgery that lasts
by Tom Simons on Mar 31st, 2013

Dr. Morton operated on me over 17 years ago for a severe facial injury involving the eye and lacrimal duct. He flew in and did this work in the middle of the night on an emergency basis. Skin grafting was required from the ear in follow-up work. There has been no drooping or sagging after all these years. Ref. UM Hospital

Nov 20th, 2012

Dr. Morton is skilled in what he does, however; waiting time is ridiculous, difficult to make an appointment, left message for receptionist so I could make appointment and she never returned my call.

I'd like my eyes and my money back! show details I'd like my eyes and my money back!
Nov 3rd, 2012

He convinced me I needed way more extensive surgery than I thought was needed. It's been 13 months and 6 ophthalmologists later, and no one has the answer for repairing the damage he did. Now I have chronic dry eye and pain in both eyes. Worst of all, he ruined the one good eye I had. I'm sure he's fine for some Botox--like an ophthalmic plastic surgeon is needed for that. But surgery on the only eyes you'll ever have? I think not.

Would not recommend this DR. show details Would not recommend this DR.
Nov 9th, 2010

I feel empowered by those people who spoke out about DR. Morton. I share their pain. He left me with so many problems too many to mention them all. I have been in chronic pain since the surgery. One of problems is that I have been left with is chronic dry eye, and this was not expected. Dr. did not informed me of the side effects and I live with this problem daily. Dr. Morton has refused to acknowledge this. Instead he rudely dismissed me when I brought it to he's attention. Since I was dismissed by DR. Morton I have engaged the services of another eye DR. Who is treating my condition with special eye drops which he informs me that I will have to use them forever. these drops do not alleviate the pain I endure daily: I have to be constantly vigilant . In my opinion, DR. Morton, shows his arrogance which I took it to be confidence a mistake that I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

Botox Consultation show details Botox Consultation
Nov 7th, 2010

I went to Dr. Morton so that he could help me ride my face of the ugly "11's" between my eyes. I could not have asked for a better outcome. I am so happy with the result that I now have the procedure done every couple of months with the same excellent results!

VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. show details VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Sep 30th, 2010

Dr. Morton did an excellent job with me. His approach was conservative, which I liked. He wants his patients to look "refreshed" so that people will say, "You look great!" as opposed to "What did you do?" The three negative reviews in Sept 2010 all appear to have been made by the same person. Don't let one person's opinion sway you. Look at all the other reviews.

AWESOME DOCTOR show details AWESOME DOCTOR
by Anonymous on Sep 30th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Morton did a terrific job rejuvenating my appearance. I couldn't be happier with the results. He spent a lot of time understanding my needs ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Excellent show details Excellent
Sep 28th, 2010

I have had Dr. Morton perform several procedures and I've always been pleased with the results. He is caring and compassionate, which is extremely hard to find. You can tell when you interview him, he is a perfectionist. All you have to do is meet him to know he truly cares about you as a person, as well as the best way to handle your concern. I have friends who have had surgeries done by him...and thats why I went to him..he does great work!

The best! show details The best!
Sep 25th, 2010

I interviewed several doctors be choosing Dr Morton. I could not have been more satisfied with the entire office and surgical experience. I really like his commitment to humanitarian care around the world. This doctor REALLY cares.

Patient show details Patient
by dan j at Insider Pages on Sep 25th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

fantastic experience. Excellent explanations and all of my questions were answered without having to ask a one. The surgery was as planned. ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
what a bad dr. show details what a bad dr.
Sep 21st, 2010

stay away

do not use this Dr. he left me with paralysis in my left forehead after my brow lift show details do not use this Dr. he left me with paralysis in my left forehead after my brow lift
Sep 5th, 2010

always in pain

pt show details pt
Sep 3rd, 2010

was not happy at all with this dr would not tell any one about him..

A Young Dr. Welby show details A Young Dr. Welby
Jul 31st, 2009

He is an intelligent,intuitive, integritous physician. Truly, a man apart. He is skilled in every way and his kindness and sincerity is old school though he is a young man. His staff is lovely and as genuine as he is.