Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)

Feb 12th, 2015

Oh my God!!! I feel like the world's biggest idiot!!! I have been waiting since November of 2013 for authorization for a mammogram, sleep study and diabetic meter. I started going to this facility over 13 years ago and they lost my chart!!! I was seen in December of 2014 and I am STILL waiting for those authorizations, called my insurance and guess what? They were never submitted. I have always had issues with the front office staff, I assumed responsibility for that thinking that I was difficult and dealing with my insurance was complex. I have seen the same Dr since I was 15 years old and his staff has always called me Denise and asks if I am a new patient EVERY time I come in. After reading all the negative reviews, I came to the realization that it is not me but their staff is completely incompetent, unprofessional, and RUDE! I have never written a review before, and I have been making excuses for their front office staff for years! THEY DON'T HAVE ONE GOOD REVIEW!!! Every time I call I am I am placed on hold, then eventually hung up on. Every time I try to make an appointment I am automatically scheduled with the PA-and have to beg to see the Dr. I am humiliated beyond belief that I have entrusted my medical care to these absolute morons! Their facility is completely out of date, dirty, and the carpet in the waiting room is FILTHY!!! The office has a stench of urine throughout and they spray so much air freshener, it's nauseating. I finally made the decision to switch to a different provider who was able to see me within 48 hours and assured me that they would be able to send in the proper paperwork to get the authorizations I have been waiting for since 2013!! I called and spoke with the office manager (lol) Angie who wanted to charge me $25 for my records!!! I nearly fell off my chair!!! They only have records for the past 2 years as they lost my original chart, all the paperwork submitted in December was mailed back to me from the insurance as Norma, who does the authorizations, mailed it to the WRONG insurance!!!! I am absolutely disgusted with this office. Everyone who works there looks like they just rolled out of bed, and half of them can not even speak English correctly. "I don't know nothing about that" is NEVER an acceptable answer to a patient, EVER!! I have spent hours and hours of my time waiting patiently in their front office for them to get their act together, they do not value your time in the least. I had an appointment at 10 am and after waiting for and hour and a half I was told to come back at 2 so that they could go to lunch and that the Dr could not see me for any medical reason and not to ask any questions of him, that he could only fill in the paperwork that I needed. I am disgusted with myself for subjecting myself to this sub standard of care! PLEASE, if you value your health do not go to this office!!!! I respect my Dr. and he has always been a great provider but he is the source for diagnosis and his staff is responsible for following his orders, which they do not. They disregard his authority and undermine his ability to help his patients. Such a great guy but the staff is brain dead....flat line! BYE

No Follow-Up show details No Follow-Up
by Diane on Feb 26th, 2014

Took 3 months to get the appt, then it was moved back another week. Have recently moved to the OC and needed to find another provider for oxygen concentrator and portable tanks. Also needed prescription for inhaler. It has now been 3 wks since appt, 3 phone calls, and we still have no oxygen provider, only a sample (10day)of Spiriva and nothing else Now on the phone with his office and is telling me they just received the report from the Dr (she stated he sometimes takes his charts home??????) and will get her oxygen ordered immediately. When I asked about the meds, she said she would have to go back and ask. If you want prompt attention to your breathing issues, this may not be the place for you.

Dr Hakim show details Dr Hakim
by Jill Terry on Oct 22nd, 2013

This man is the hardest working Doctor on the planet. He saved my life. God bless him!

Most compassionate, effective doctor I've ever seen. show details Most compassionate, effective doctor I've ever seen.
Aug 28th, 2011

Dr.Hakim is an excellent medical practitioner. He constantly checks on his patients and reponds immediately to any irregularities and abnormalities. He really cares about his patients. He is also a very caring and compassionate doctor to both patients and their families. He always puts you at ease no matter what he needs to tell you; he never fails to give hope and is careful to soften any difficult diagnosis. I've lived many years and this is the best doctor I've ever seen.

RN Review show details RN Review
by VR on Mar 3rd, 2010

Working with him for several years. Great bedside manner, trustworthy, knowledgeable, compassionate, would refer my own family to him.