A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Asad Abbas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Asad Abbas is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Asad Abbas, MD, PA is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Ear Surgery (Otologic Surgical Procedures)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
Education & Awards
Dr. Abbas graduated from Aga Khan Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Abbas has 13 hospital affiliations:
- San Jacinto Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Abbas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 1 plan
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Asad S. Abbas practice?
Dr. Asad Abbas practices Ophthalmology near Beaumont, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Baytown, TX and Houston, TX.
See Beaumont Ophthalmologists.