Psychiatrist

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
by Steven on Jun 23rd, 2016

Needs to do better diagnosis explaining it ...

Very good service show details Very good service
by Dan on May 4th, 2016

My first appointment was last year and I have been a returning patient at this office. I love the people working here. The staff is very helpful. They are practical and friendly. I have seen them get little edgy around really rude and disrespectful customers. The doctor is great and has helped me go through and come out of a bad shape to a much better self. Thank you!!!!! North pointe psychiatry.

Terrible Doctor, Terrible Hospital (Mayhill) show details Terrible Doctor, Terrible Hospital (Mayhill)
by Chris A. on Dec 17th, 2015

He's terrible. He doesn't listen, and if you're inpatient at Mayhill (like me), he will treat you like you know nothing, especially if he's never been your doctor before. He wouldn't let me take my ADHD medicine while I was in the hospital, and was very rude when I spoke to him about my need for an increase on my anxiety medication, since I was having panic attacks so often while in the hospital, and my anxiety was always fluctuating between 5 and 10 (on a 1-10 scale), and I was only on 0.25mg Klonopin three times a day for my anxiety, which was not enough. Every time I talked to him, he looked at me like I was a failed science experiment, and made me feel very uncomfortable in the 5 minutes or less that we talked per day. I was so glad to get out of that hospital, there is a lot of patient on patient abuse allowed (which I went through) and negligence in compliance among the staff.

by William (Jay) Wilson on Nov 18th, 2015

I believe Ms. Hayes has taken interest in my well-being. She has been open to change or fine-tune my meditation regimen. If asked a year ago whether I would grade your office staff's performance as poor. Currently, I give it high praise. I hope that Ms. Hayes will continue as my therapist.

A miracle in medicine show details A miracle in medicine
by Shelly on Aug 10th, 2015

Zero wait time. I was seen at my scheduled time. I called to get an appointment as a new patient and only had to wait a week. He was highly recommend by a social worker and that person was correct.

Jul 23rd, 2015

my son was hit by a car while walking in street in a lethargic state due to doctor staff being unresponsive to his previous request for medication refill and appointment. Even in the emergency room they neglected to provide the prescription medication information

Ms show details Ms
by Jane on Feb 27th, 2015

Great NP's, no wait. I felt they were very compassionate and cared about me

worst doctor in the area show details worst doctor in the area
by Mike on Jan 29th, 2015

Go to a different psychiatrist. He does not pay attention, he does not care about you or any of his patients. He only cares about money and filling his office with more patients than he has time for. I always have to wait around 2 hours to be seen, no matter how early I arrive. Staff is nice and the nurses are decent but I highly recommend you stay far away and find doctor who genuinely cares for his patients. He is inconsiderate and does not listen or even look you in the eye, he simply stares at his computer screen. He spends less than 5 minutes with me virtually every appointment. I've been going there for 6 months and I have checked with other patients who also see him and they have all had very similar experiences. I will not be returning. And I suggest all his patients do the same.

Awful staff - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE show details Awful staff - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Sep 30th, 2014

If you need to schedule an appointment, show up in person. They don't return calls. Ever. Completely rude office staff that only care about themselves. Customer service does not exist with these people. The doctor is ok, but has the attitude at times that you are wasting his time.

Bad office policy show details Bad office policy
by Anonymous on Feb 10th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I began seeing him six months prior to writing this review. Went in to get ADHD medication and although I had been diagnosed twice already he insisted ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Bad experience -my opinions show details Bad experience -my opinions
by Anonymous on Jun 11th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I spent 2 weeks in a rehab for Alcoholism, where Dr. Islam also practices when not in his Carrolton office. I had to take all the time off of work and ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com