2.5

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Ms show details Ms
by Jane on Feb 27th, 2015

Great NP's, no wait. I felt they were very compassionate and cared about me

worst doctor in the area show details worst doctor in the area
by Mike on Jan 29th, 2015

Go to a different psychiatrist. He does not pay attention, he does not care about you or any of his patients. He only cares about money and filling his office with more patients than he has time for. I always have to wait around 2 hours to be seen, no matter how early I arrive. Staff is nice and the nurses are decent but I highly recommend you stay far away and find doctor who genuinely cares for his patients. He is inconsiderate and does not listen or even look you in the eye, he simply stares at his computer screen. He spends less than 5 minutes with me virtually every appointment. I've been going there for 6 months and I have checked with other patients who also see him and they have all had very similar experiences. I will not be returning. And I suggest all his patients do the same.

Awful staff - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE show details Awful staff - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Sep 30th, 2014

If you need to schedule an appointment, show up in person. They don't return calls. Ever. Completely rude office staff that only care about themselves. Customer service does not exist with these people. The doctor is ok, but has the attitude at times that you are wasting his time.

GERIATRIC PHYCHIATRIST, DENTON, TX show details GERIATRIC PHYCHIATRIST, DENTON, TX
by B C GROVES on Jan 19th, 2014

ISLAM APPEARS TO BE PART OF A GROUP OF "PSYCHIATRIST" FROM THE MIDDLE EAST WHO RUNS THE MAYHILL MENTAL HOSPITAL. NEUROLOGISTS AND PSYCHIATRIST FROM OTHER COMMUNITIES LAUGH OFF THE HOSPITAL AS A JOKE AND FROM WHAT I SAW WHEN MY HUSBAND WAS A PATIENT, I WILL NOT ALLOW HIM TO BE PLACED THERE AGAIN. FOR OPENERS, I PERCEIVED THAT IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A PRISON WHERE DRUGS, AND DRUGGIES, WERE EXPERIMENTED WITH. THIS PATIENT WAS SENT HOME WITH NO IMPROVEMENT THOUGH DIAGNOSED WITH CONDITIONS THAT SHOULD BE READILY TREATED WITH CERTAIN MEDICATIONS. THE PATIENT CONTINUES IN MORE MISERY THAN WHAT HE WENT INTO MAYHILL WITH. WHAT A JOKE. WHEN WILL WE GET SOME REAL PSYCHIATRISTS AND NEUROLOGIST INTO DENTON, TEXAS.

Totally Useless show details Totally Useless
Jun 18th, 2013

I came to Dr. Islam in order to get a diagnosis for ADHD. The office didn't seem to be very busy, but there was still about a 1 hour wait. Dr. Islam himself was flat out rude, he didn't shake my hand when I came in, and in the 5 minutes he spent with me he answered his phone once, and sent a text message. He didn't really ask any questions about my symptoms, the only things he asked was if any of my family members had been diagnosed with ADHD, then he proceeded to tell me that 90% of people who suffer from it are diagnosed at very early age. Then he recommended several psychologists to me. Complete waste of time.

Bad office policy show details Bad office policy
by Anonymous on Feb 10th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I began seeing him six months prior to writing this review. Went in to get ADHD medication and although I had been diagnosed twice already he insisted ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Bad experience -my opinions show details Bad experience -my opinions
by Anonymous on Jun 11th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

I spent 2 weeks in a rehab for Alcoholism, where Dr. Islam also practices when not in his Carrolton office. I had to take all the time off of work and ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com