A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Asad Sheikh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Asad Sheikh is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Asad Sheikh, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Maternal & Fetal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Genetic Counseling
- Hot Flashes
- Pregnancy Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Sheikh graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Sheikh has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners, Lakeshore Campus
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sheikh accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 9 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Anthem - 11 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Asad U. Sheikh practice?
Dr. Asad Sheikh practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Maternal & Fetal Medicine, Clinical Genetics, and M.D. near Grand Rapids, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Joseph, MI.
See Grand Rapids Obstetricians & Gynecologists and Grand Rapids Geneticists.