Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Asefeh Heiat
Dr. Asefeh Heiat, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Branford, CT, with other offices in Waterbury, CT and Waterbury, CT (and 4 other locations). She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Preventive Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Heiat is affiliated with St Marys Hospital, Waterbury Hospital and Bridgeport Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Asefeh Heiat has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Asefeh Heiat is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Branford, CT.
Dr. Racquel David
Internal Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Branford, CT 0.84 mi17
Dr. Clare Cherney
Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Branford, CT 0.84 mi30
Dr. William Long
Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine
Branford, CT 0.84 mi