Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Rechecks are months apart.. help us out with a reminder other than a land line message show details Rechecks are months apart.. help us out with a reminder other than a land line message
Jan 14th, 2015

I really had high hopes for this office... I am mostly unhappy with the office and courtesy of staff. We were happy with the operation my son had to have tubes put in.. however, I have found that ent's are a dime a dozen and the way you are treated by the office manager speaks volumes... I will find another ENT based on the OFFICE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! With the multitude of ways to remind busy family's of appointments that occur MONTHS between each other it seems a phone call on a land line (no text or email capability) is out of date and needs to be updated. Getting charged $25 for this (for the first over site) is unacceptable.. even if the rude office manager lets you know that it was a courtesy and we aren't required to do so.. but hey.. they'll cut it to $12.50.... well keep that $12.50 and we'll have our check ups somewhere else... but hey.. you've got your $12.50! I will find an office that works better with our busy family and offers a convenient reminder such as email/text... welcome to 2015. THANK YOU!

One of my favorite doctors! show details One of my favorite doctors!
by Dustin Cloyes on Dec 4th, 2014

I have been getting allergy shots at the Metamora North Oakland ENT office for over two years now. I kept going to doctors thinking I had a sinus infection, soon I found out I had many allergies and thanks to Dr. Downs I found out what to avoid, etc. I like going to the clinic and always feel welcome. I don't see Dr. Downs often as I get shots and don't see her on most of those days. When I do see her, she is very friendly and talkative. She answers all of my questions and I don't feel like she is trying to rush me out of the office. She treats me like a human, not like a quick pay check. I like her very much and have had a few good conversations with her, the last one most recently she gave me some good advice regarding my interest in getting a bachelors in biology. Also, I think Jill and Heather at the Metamora clinic are very nice as well and I like talking to them. All and all, in my opinion she is a great doctor and is very personable. I'd highly recommend her for anyone needing to see an ENT. I'll actually miss everyone there when I am done with my shots.

Great Dr... HORRIBLE billing staff..... show details Great Dr... HORRIBLE billing staff.....
by easton on Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Downs is great. Her billing department is HORRIBLE. They are absolutely rude. I will not return to her practice because of it. Such a pity.......

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Asha Downs has seen both mu daughter and I for ENT issues and has been really great. She is nice, friendly and has a positive demeanor about her. She always takes the time to answer all of our questions. She has appointments in multiple locations and I have always been able to get in and see her within a week for a standard appointment and the same day for more urgent issues. My kids love her, and she is very understanding. We have never had to wait long. Oakland ENT, and Dr. Downs get an A from us.

May 30th, 2012

Love Dr. Downs! First ENT to actually listen to how I feel and what my symptoms before deciding what pland of action to take.

Sep 27th, 2011

These doctors do not take calls for their patients. I called after hours for a problem, the operator told me to go to the emergency. This is ridiculous. I am not going to see them anymore. They do not have a heart and all they care is for your bill to be paid.

Great! show details Great!
Jun 14th, 2011

Amazing doctor!

Feb 16th, 2011

Dr. Downs is awesome, she did a wonderful caring job of treating me and I would recommend her to everyone!!

Nov 30th, 2010

she did not treat my daughter properly nor did she ask other doctors for help when she could not the cause for my childs on going ear infections.. my daughter had ear infections with tubes for a month and all she said was lets and see what happens next week.. i had trust in her thinking my daughter was in good hands.. however after four weeks my daughter was having trouble hearing, when she said it wouldnt affect it.. and my daughter landed up becoming ill and i called to consult the dr.. all she did was have me talk to her security and set up a tube removal procedure.. i however was not happy about this, considering she wouldnt talk to me or see my daughter. i rushed my daughter to the hospital she had to have cat scans, ivs and many medications.. she was hospitalized for 3 days, had to see several types of doctors and lost part of her hearing, all because this doctor could not properly treat my daughters ear infections and acted as if they were no big deal and refused to consult other doctors... nor did this doctor ever call to see how my child was and has refused to send all the medical records to the pcp and when we call about them, they ignore the calls... i would never see this doctor again.. my daughter is permently scarred and dramatized from all that has happened because of her negligence.

Apr 6th, 2010

Great ENT. Going through series of allergy shots at the Rochester office and have a wonderful experience with her and the staff.

Reply to the previous blog comment show details Reply to the previous blog comment
Oct 21st, 2009

It is sad to have childish replies to peoples' views. Unless the previous comment is from the doctor or nurse, this person must be a psychic or psychotic. Please refrain from making irrational comments to our experience.

Very caring show details Very caring
Sep 2nd, 2009

I found her to be thorough, caring and very concerned about me. She made sure I understood the proceedure and explained everything in detail. As to the nasty review, I can only imagine that woman's kid was a brat who touched all the equipment in the exam room while the mom just sat back and expected rose petals scattered before her less than adorable child.

work with me show details work with me
by I do not trust her on Aug 21st, 2009

she has been nasty with my daughter. very impatient and all she cares is if the bill is paid! cold hearted!

top notch doctor show details top notch doctor
Jun 1st, 2009

After 9 years of multiple ent's Dr. Downs cured my ear infections and more hearing was restored.

Excellent show details Excellent
by thumper on Mar 18th, 2009

Excellent doctor, no b.s. you get it straight!