A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Asha Kumar, MD, MBBS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
She has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Cataract, Corneal Diseases, and Keratoconus eye.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar graduated from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana.More Education & Awards
Dr. Kumar has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Sisters of Charity Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kumar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Independent Health - 35 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 25 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Asha Kumar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Asha R. Kumar practice?
Dr. Asha Kumar practices Ophthalmology and Hospitalist near Buffalo, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Elmont, NY and Valley Stream, NY.
See Buffalo Ophthalmologists.