2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
NIGHTMARE DOCTOR show details NIGHTMARE DOCTOR
by Eileen I. on Mar 4th, 2015

Completely misdiagnosed me. Demanded I take 4 medications at once without even taking a drug or medical history; one of the drugs is contraindicated. She actually threatened to commit me to the "State Hospital" if I refused treatment. I wasn't refusing treatment, just her treatment. Thankfully I had the courage to stand up to her, despite my being in the weakest and most confused state in my life. I had to get an attorney who luckily (and unfortunately) has had to deal with the malpractice of these arrogant, incompetent psychiatrists - even at the supposedly world class (not) McLean Hospital where she works. Can you imagine threatening a patient like that for no reason but that you stubbornly and wrongfully believe you can do what you like to a person's body? How is imprisoning someone going to cure them anyway? She is more emotionally unbalanced than her patients, cruel, nasty, arrogant, and dangerously incompetent. You can come away more traumatized than when you sought help.

Jun 8th, 2014

All the above reviews are extremely accurate about this doctor. She is a terrible doctor. I found her to be extremely rude, loud and abrasive. She talks at you, does not listen to you as a patient. If you admit yourself to the short unit at McLean Hospital, do anything you can to change doctors if you have Dr. Parekh, you will end up coming out worse then when you enter the hospital.

abrasive, unprofessional, and incompetent show details abrasive, unprofessional, and incompetent
Sep 13th, 2013

Abrasive, unprofessional, dismissive, defensive, and incompetent to boot. If you enjoy being berated, taunted, and threatened by someone who has no business practicing psychiatry, then perhaps this is the doctor for you.

Emotionally Bankrupt! show details Emotionally Bankrupt!
Apr 14th, 2012

I was admitted to the short term unit at McLean Hospital on 04/02/2012, Dr. parekh was the psychiatrist appointed to treat me. I was there for depression and anxiety disorder, but I am also someone who lives with severe, intractable, chronic pain. This Dr. Just couldn't ot wouldn't grasp the fact that with chronic pain, comes depression. She was very abrasive and extremely curt. I left the hospital worse off than when I arrived. This woman has NO business treating depressed, vulnerable people. I have reported her to the Department of Mental Health. I have never been treated with such disrespect' in my entire life!!

Dismissive, authoritarian, defensive show details Dismissive, authoritarian, defensive
Mar 6th, 2012

Favorite phrasing included "It's all in your head" and "Do you SERIOUSLY think . . . ?"