Dr. Asha Patel MD Patient Reviews

2.5

• Good
  • Bad

November 20th, 2015
THE BEST PRIMARY DOCTOR A WOMEN CAN ASK FOR SHE CARING, SHE SUPPORTIVE, SHE CONCERN, SHE ROCK

August 31st, 2015
Caution! do not go to this doctor.
Dr. Patel would take my vitals then ask what meds I wanted. I asked for assistance or instruction for weight loss and she said, "Stop eating so much, and get off the couch." I was incredibly insulted. I felt she did not listen or care about anything going on medically with me. She did not report any issues with blood work or tests run. Even if there was a problem. She had no diagnostic skills at all and I felt my health was at risk during my time seeing her. I finally saw a different doctor and was diagnosed with severe pulmonary issues that could have been life threatening. My health is now much better now that I'm seeing a qualified doctor.

August 28th, 2015
Worst doctor of all time
She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. We did not discuss one thing I was there for. She wasted my time. She is very arrogant, absolutely no bed side manner and she gave me false information. She spent approx. 6 mins with me and did not bother take my vitals. She shuffled patients in and out like cattle. Time for this doctor to retire and make room for a more concerned and compassionate doctor to take over. Not to mention her office is a dump!

August 25th, 2015
Rude

August 24th, 2015
Worst doctor ever
She got very rude with me and would not do anything to help. She wouldn't even lesion to what was wrong with me. She was very rude. I will never go back to that hospital. She started yelling at us when she walked in the room. Said she was exhausted with us even tho this was the first time I'd ever seen her. I'd rather die then go back there.

August 19th, 2015
Dont go!!
If your looking for a Shaman VooDoo Witch Dr. Then this might be for you. But if you have legitimate health problems DO NOT SEE THIS dr. Ive never in my life been around someone this horrible. It is incredible that Beaumont lets her operate out of its facilities.

August 19th, 2015
STAY AWAY
This was the worst dr. that i have EVER been to. Please do yourself a favor and NEVER BE SEEN BY THIS person.

August 17th, 2015
Don't be fooled because they are a Beaumont Doctor....
This doctor is the worst doctor we've ever dealt with. We are surprised that she is allowed to practice medicine and most of all at a place like Royal Oak Beaumont's medical center. When you come into her office the lobby has furniture that looks like she brought it from home or a garage sale. She was the only person working no nurse no help. We were told her receptionist was out due to her father passing away. OK! I can understand her not being there.... but what about getting some temporary help to fill in. Absolutely no nurse just Asha Patel. She seemed annoyed that I was there. I came with my mother who is 75 and has been seeing her for the past year and a half. I was there because we were concerned about her declining health, everything was getting worse not better and we couldn't understand why but, now I seen why. I asked her for copies of any tests and procedures that we could have because I was wanted to compile a file of my mother's medical information. She said WHY ARE YOU GOING AFTER ME? Red Flag! Who says that! I told her no and I have no intention of doing that. I'm only here because we care about her and wanted to see what you were doing about her health problems. Dr. Patel isn't real clear with her patient. She didn't even have her correct age. She had many things incorrect including former doctor's names. The most upsetting thing was once, she gave me copies of, my mothers EKG and blood work results, I couldn't believe what I read. She never made a call or told my mother about an abnormal EKG instead she had written the word OK on her copy and filed it. Of course we stopped going to her immediately and we found a wonderful, well-qualified doctor. (Dr. Armen Korkigian) He had her looking and feeling better in just two weeks. It was proven that my mother had a silent heart attack. Happy to say she is doing amazingly well. Please, whatever you do DONT GO TO HER!!

July 19th, 2014
No Follow-up on Severely Out of Range Test Result
Dr Patel sent me to have blood work done in April, I hadn't heard anything from her, so I figured all of the tests were fine, however in June, I set up "My Beaumont Chart" Account, and checked my results to find that one of tests results was severely low and way out of range. She never even notified me, I went to another internist to go over the result with me and who was also surprised that she didn't bother notifying me of something so serious.

June 20th, 2014
Would NOT recommend Doctor
I had to convince Dr. Patel for a MRI for my brain as I have Polycystic Kidney Disease. Dr. Patel told me I didn't have kidney disease; however I've known about it for 6 yrs. After having the MRI, I didn't hear from Dr. Patel, and thought my results came back good. One year later when I went in for refills on meds, I was then told that I have a brain aneurysm. I feel this is the doctors responsibility to call me with my results to this extreme immediately as this was crucial information. I am paying her to provide me with proper care, and did NOT receive proper care. I went a year with no treatment as I didn't know I had a brain aneurysm. Additionally Dr. Patel has answered her cell phone while in the exam room which is unprofessional. Staff is extremely helpful and professional but I will NOT return to see Dr. Patel!

April 20th, 2014
Good For Annual Exam and Ordering Lab Work
Failed to tell me of three abnormal test results. Those three revealed serious and severe conditions that needed immediate attention. If not for Beaumont My Chart I would still not know the results. Diagnosis and treatment incorrect on two occasions-waste of money and time. Referrals to doctors not trained or qualified to treat condition. The doctor scheduled appointments for follow up and exam and did neither-not enough time she spends an average of 5 minutes per visit. Always seems in a hurry to get to the next patient.

October 15th, 2012
A HAPPY PATIENT!
i recommend dr. patel to my familt and friends!!! she is a great doc! as a new patient i was able to be seen within a week of calling, staff is great the doc was very consider of all my needs and took good care of me, wait time was excellent!!!