Dr. Asha Swain MD Patient Reviews

She is a drug dealer
You sit in her office for up to 8 hrs and could be there till 11 at night

April 22nd, 2016
this dr stinks
Yesterday i was at dr swains office for the first time and what i notice is that the wait period stinks your waiting all day just to see her my appointment was at 3:45 and i didnt get out of there till 10 and there was other patients there that was there since 11 in the morning and she is totally rude to her staff and to some of the patients she was rude to me cause i wasnt feeling good and because i got a dandruff problem that i tried all kinds of shampoos to help with it but nothing is working and she was rude cause im sicker than what i thought i was and i tried to tell her that the hospital here all they do is just take a quick look at the test results and say they came back ok and shove me out the door well i at least got this positive thing to say bout her she told me the truth bout the hospital tests results are and never i told her what the hospital drs told me she basically called me a lier so i wouldnt suggest her to anyone at all im probably not gonna go back to her again myself it sucks it seems she might of been a good dr but the bad out way the good with her

January 16th, 2016
I would tell a friend or any young kid not to go to her. She is evil. Does not know how to treat her staff or even pay them for their hard work. She constantly degrades them in front of other patients. The girls work from 930 am until sometimes 1130 at night. Dr swain dont come in until 3pm. She gives all her pts pain pills and benzodiazepines on their first visit to keep them coming back once a month. Its all about the money for her. The pts wont squeal on jer cause they know they wont get thier drugs. 3/4 th of blair county's drug problem is caused by her. Her office is dirty and shes discusting. I know a girl qho works their and said that she writes scripts for benzodiazepines and pai pulls for at least 90% of her pts and she sees close to 39 pts a day. I dont understand how rhe police dont notice how late her office hours are. She definitely is not a compassionate dr. Its all about money to her

June 15th, 2015
Looong Wait
I don't really have any positive feedback. I am usually there 6-8 hrs & only get 5 mins of the dr.'s time. I have had some vey nice nurses but when I go over problems I'm having idk if its not relayed to the Dr. or if she just doesn't want to spend the time talking to me about it. I have to go in every month for my prescriptions, she claims it's the law but Ive never had to with any other doctor I've been to. So I spend 8 hrs of my day each month for a prescription or 2 & talk to her for maybe 5 mins. I have been looking for a new dr. for quite some time but it's hard to find one with the insurance I have. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there. I'd much rather travel an hr both ways to see a dr. at least i'd be home a lot sooner!

December 30th, 2014
The worst place I've ever been in my life this place is horrible and dirty no one should have to go through this having to sit here for 8 hours tosee the doctor swain is a joke !!!!!!

August 29th, 2013
worst dr ever
Wait time is approx 7-8 hours and she spends about 7-8 mins with each patient. she starts scheduling patients at 10 am but does not come into the office until 2 or 3. she sees about 30 patients a day and does not leave her office until sometimes 10pm. she has the worst attitude toward people and she just wants to write scripts not find out what is wrong with people. i would not recommend her to a dog.

July 5th, 2013
never again
The last appointment I had I was promised to be out by the time I had to be at work it was an urgent appointment (possible bronchitis) and the doctor was leaving for the holiday. She didn't show up until 1pm my appointment was scheduled for 10am . . I had to be at work by 12pm. I have never complained about the wait because she was always polite and very caring for me as a paitent. But this time I was pretty much laughed off when I told her I got wrote up at work due to being over an hour late. She only spent about 5-10 minutes of her time with me and gave me a cough syrup after saying that my insurance probably would not cover it after 5 years of 4-6 hours of waiting I am through I would not recommend her for anything or anyone after this.

November 29th, 2011
Dr. Swain is a kind compassionate doctor. However she takes on more patients then she can properly care for. The average wait time is 2 hours. That is now that she hired a Physicians Asst. Before that it was 3 to 4 hours. She needs to stop accepting new patience and treat the ones she already has.

August 5th, 2009
Very thorough Doctor. Good at diagnosing illness. Excellent caring bedside manner. Sincere, honest. Professional yet has a caring bedside manner.

June 7th, 2017