Dr. Asheesh Dewan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 20th, 2016
Great doctor !
Great Dr.! Dr. Dewan answered all our questions . Very satisfied! There was a sense of calmness with him which helps with the office visit!

November 8th, 2014
Compassionate
Our newborn has diabetes- a devastating diagnosis for any new parent. Dr Dewan walked into our hospital room at summerlin, fully prepared with all supplies at 10 pm even though we had heard the attending tell dr d that they could manage through the night. He said that if this was his kid , he would have liked the doctor to come in as well . His manner calmed my husband and me and instead of being stressed we are actually able to focus on our baby and his needs. Thank you so much Dr Dewan.

August 13th, 2014
Excellent Pediatric Endocrinologist, Terrible Office Staff
It is a shame that Dr. Dewan, who is a great Pediatric Endocrinologist, hires such an unprofessional office staff. I would give him 5 stars, but unfortunately I have to deal more with the front office staff than Dr. Dewan. Never returning your calls in a timely manner, interrupting you while you are explaining what is needed, and claiming they never received faxed prescriptions from a pharmacy they always do business with all means that customer service is not a priority. I am sure they have many tasks to perform and probably deal with many people who are difficult, but at this point I would probably get better service at the VA. Unfortunately I cannot tell this directly to Dr. Dewan unless I have an appointment or send him a certified letter in the mail. Dr. Dewan is great with my son and I highly recommend him. However, I wish he would put more effort into selecting quality staff who believes in customer service and doing what is right. It may not be fair to give him a low rating because of his staff, but ultimately he is responsible for the hiring of said individuals.

December 11th, 2013
Mother of patient
Office staff friendly; Dr. Dewan takes the time to talk to you about any concerns you may have; he does not rush in and out of the room. He's very attentive with a great bedside manner. Great sense of humor; very professional. My teenage daughter--the patient--thinks he's great. We definitely recommend recommend.

September 10th, 2013
Just a great doctor.
Dr. Dewan has helped keep my daughter alive for over 7 years now. She has type 1 diabetes, and from day 1 he has been great with our whole family, yes wait times can be a little long, and his staff could be better at times, but I don't take my child there to be treated by his office staff, nor do I take her there because it's easy and convenient. I take her to Dr. Dewan to get the best care we could find for her, by a wonderful doctor who cares. We are now leaving the state, and I will consider flying back for check up's, if I can't find a doctor we'll be happy with. I don't think it will come to that, but we all want the best care we can get for our kids. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Dewan. Our child has one more visit, I'm sure it will be a sad goodbye.

August 3rd, 2013
I can't seem to understand the barrage of negative comments. I have yet to find an equally good adult doctor for myself. A Physcian like this in Vegas does not come along very often. Just because one does not want to pay their bill does not a bad doctor make.We are seeing Dr Dewan for growth hormone and besides a few glitches from the insurance company have had no problems. The Twistle app the doc uses for communication is fantastic and we get answers same day . We are very happy and I frankly would not have written a review if I hadn't seen such unfair comments.

May 28th, 2013
Unfortunately, our experience echos many before us. Dr. Dewan is a good doctor with many good traits. However, his staff is horrible and we have multiple issues every time we have contact with them. Resolving anything is impossible. Everything is the patient's fault and there is no help to get the job done. Staff is inadequate, rude and lack empathy. They have even kept money due to me, although they said they would send it back. I am now trying new endocrinologists. Dr. Dwan isn't the only pediatric Endo in town anymore.

April 12th, 2012
Dr D is just the most kind doctor I have known. My son has been a patient of his since he was a fellow at UCSD and even though he turned 18 this year he refuses to see any other endocrinologist. Not only has doctor Dewan been treating his diabetes, my son even trusts him with his life decisions. He will always consult with Dr D before making any decions and Dr on his part always makes time for our concerns. We just simply love him.

October 6th, 2011
Terrible Staff
I went and took my son for his appointment filled out all the neccessary paperwork. Called them at a later time only to tell me I was not the one who took my son for his appointment. They took a copy of my insurance card and ID how could it be a mistake from my end. The staff is has several misfires in their brains which unfortunately reflects on Dr. Dewan. Nothing againts the Doc other than he could have spent more time with patient, but his staff is giving him such a bad reputation. Making appointments is like pulling tooth also. If you prefer tot talk to an answering service and not a person have at it with this doctor's office.

July 19th, 2011
Fails to Listen
I called concerned about the small size of my son and the presentation of his neurological issues. The appointment setter said she would get me in right away. I was seen the next week. When I went into the office I was told there was no appointment for me scheduled but I could stay and I would be worked into the schedule since the issue was so important. I stayed and waited because I live on the other side of town. I sat there for 2 hours trying to entertain my three year old son. Then I went into the back and waited another 45 minutes before the doctor entered. I told him that I was concerned for my son because I have thyroid problems and I was worried he might be suffering from thyroid issues too. My son also is VERY small in statue. I was also concerned about the neurological problems my son was suffering and I thought there was a high possibility the neurologic problems may be an issues with an in-born error in metabolism. After telling the doctor all of this he told me that he would test the pituitary axis (several hormone tests) and see if there is a growth issue. Then he tells me if there is a problem with his growth the typical treatment is to give growth hormones. The doctor said he is not sure I should treat my son because he was so disabled from his neurological issues and it would be easier for me to keep him smaller so I can take care of him. I was floored by what he said. Then when I asked about the testing for the possible metabolic problems he said he would not do that. As it turns out about 3 weeks later my son had an MRI. His brain scan was completely normal pointing his diagnosis for his neurological problems to be an metabolism error or genetics. Since this doctor would not listen to me I am still waiting to get the metabolic testing completed. I might have been able to save my son three months of suffering if this doctor had just done his job.

July 6th, 2011
I called in to schedule an appt and it took a really long time the lady placed me on hold for a long period of time after I heard her phone ring I believe her name was Lizet she was horrible after all that time I was on hold I finally got an appt but,when I went to see Dr.Asheesh the same girl was really disrespectful people like her need a different type of job not at a doctors office.Worst experience ever with the staff.

May 20th, 2011
Fantastic Dr and Great Staff!!!!!!!!!!
I called in to schedule my daughter's appt and was seen the very next day..staff was great at accomodating my schedule. The doctor was very precise and detailed in explaining my child's condition and treatment options. Would definitely make the long drive to see Dr Dewan again!! :)