Dr. Asher Imam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Asher Imam?

Clinical Depression

Clinical Depression

Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.

Have you seen Dr. Asher Imam?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 8th, 2017

Great office!!!

Staff is very courteous and very efficient. Dr Imam took the time to explain everything to me in detail after the nurse practitioner did the ground work for my MS. I highly recommend them!!

August 13th, 2015

Best neurologist

Best neurologist in dfw metro. I have seen him for about 4 years for migraines, seizures, sleep apnea, and multiple sclerosis. I drive 40 miles because he is the best and he cares and wants patients to feel better.

December 12th, 2013

Recommend Dr A. Imam - for his Gandhi like calmness - Staff Excellent

Yes, I would choose this Neurologist again. Four years of being under his care and being under the care of his professional and courteous staff brings me peace of mind as I learn to live with challenges of life with Multiple Sclerosis and Mirgraines and OSA, Obstructive Sleep Apnea . I am thankful my primary care physician referred me to Dr A. Imam four years ago..... LOH

July 11th, 2013

Happy with Dr. Imam

Dr. Imam was EXCELLENT with my father who had Parkinson's disease and sleep apnea. Dad's Parkinson's was well controlled by the medications prescribed by Dr. Imam. Dad also did sleep studies and found he had severe sleep apnea. We never had to wait long and the staff were good to work with us. I would highly recommend Dr. Imam!

June 5th, 2013

Incompetent

The staff is wonderful, the office is clean, easy to get appointment. BUT this doctor is primarily a sleep disorder doctor, he will do his best to defer any problem you are having to that part of his profession. He has a horrible memory, does not remember what tests or medications he orders or prescribes and forgets key elements of your treatment. And appears unwilling to use the patient file that is in front of him for reference, He is not knowledgeably in the medications or interactions of the medications he prescribes. This is very dangerous! He does not listen to what you as the patient has explained about current condition and problems. Every visit will return to the sleep disorder issue, no matter what has previously been discussed. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone. If it weren't for his staff I believe this man would not have a practice!

May 6th, 2013

Inadequate Migraine Knowledge & Care

I can only comment on Dr. Imam's knowledge of migraines. I had a horrible experience under Dr. Imam's care in 2013. I had just moved to Dallas and went to the emergency room with a severe hemiplegic migraine. I had already experienced the numbness and auras before I got there. While I was there I lost my speech and confused words, which had never happened to me before after 24 years of having migraines. This scared me, especially since I was all alone in a new city. Dr. Imam, who claims to be a migraine specialists, told me and my mother (who also has suffered from migraines for over 30 years and has lost her speech before) that he had never seen anyone lose their speech or confuse words before. This can be found on almost any list of migraine symptoms and on Web MD. Instead of checking with a reference or another neurologists he refused to believe this is what I had and said I had an altered mental state. I left the care of Dr. Imam and went home and subsequently missed 10 days of work because I had severe migraines for 5 days straight. I am lucky to have a wonderful GP in Dallas who said I had been misdiagnosed and knew I was having migraines. She sent me to a wonderful neurologist in Dallas who knew exactly that I was stuck in a migraine cycle and worked with me to pinpoint the cause of the migraines and was able to break the migraine cycle. I have had hemiplegic migraines for 24 years and have had several neurologists in other cities including NYC who have always known my symptoms immediately and have helped me work through the migraine cycle. I have never seen any doctor claim to be a specialist in something that they not only did not know all of the symptoms, but also refused to help work with someone who needed help. I am thoroughly disappointed in Dr. Imam's migraine knowledge and would not recommend him for anyone suffering with migraines.

Doctor's Response

I have said in the Google that all the information above is false to the best of my knowlegde

March 8th, 2012

If you want GANDHI like calmness in your neurologist

See this physician.I have MS and I am calmned by his calm voice and calm manner. HIS STAFF IS PROFESSIONAL AND HELPFUL ALSO.

June 2nd, 2017