Psychiatrist & Neurologist

Video profile

|  Recommend Dr A. Imam - for his Gandhi like calmness - Staff Excellent  |  show details
by LOH on Dec 12th, 2013

Yes, I would choose this Neurologist again. Four years of being under his care and being under the care of his professional and courteous staff brings me peace of mind as I learn to live with challenges of life with Multiple Sclerosis and Mirgraines and OSA, Obstructive Sleep Apnea . I am thankful my primary care physician referred me to Dr A. Imam four years ago..... LOH

|  Happy with Dr. Imam  |  show details
by Joy M. on Jul 11th, 2013

Dr. Imam was EXCELLENT with my father who had Parkinson's disease and sleep apnea. Dad's Parkinson's was well controlled by the medications prescribed by Dr. Imam. Dad also did sleep studies and found he had severe sleep apnea. We never had to wait long and the staff were good to work with us. I would highly recommend Dr. Imam!

|  Corporate Manager  |  show details
by Greg on Jul 3rd, 2013

Dr Iman is a blessing in my live . I started with Brain tumors as a child and didnt know what they were . Massive headaches which put me in the emergency room about once a month. My parents thought is was groing pains. After college, they started back, but close to each week or weekend . Pain so severe that I would lay at the front door and beg for a ambulance ,as I wedged my head into a corner while I was throwing up . After many visits to the emergency room . Er Dr recomended Dr Amon After MRI and Brain Surgery from Dr Todd to remove a Epidermoid Binon Tumor Dr Amon was my Neuroligist. He is always at my side for my medicine to keep my siezures from accuring and wacthing other tumors grow . He is a incredible Dr with my needs first and he has my record in front of him and goes over my past every time . He doesnt mention anything about other practices or methods . I wouldnt trade him for anything I have been going to him for about 10years

|  Incompetent  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

The staff is wonderful, the office is clean, easy to get appointment. BUT this doctor is primarily a sleep disorder doctor, he will do his best to defer any problem you are having to that part of his profession. He has a horrible memory, does not remember what tests or medications he orders or prescribes and forgets key elements of your treatment. And appears unwilling to use the patient file that is in front of him for reference, He is not knowledgeably in the medications or interactions of the medications he prescribes. This is very dangerous! He does not listen to what you as the patient has explained about current condition and problems. Every visit will return to the sleep disorder issue, no matter what has previously been discussed. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone. If it weren't for his staff I believe this man would not have a practice!

|  Inadequate Migraine Knowledge & Care  |  show details
by ACG on May 6th, 2013

I can only comment on Dr. Imam's knowledge of migraines. I had a horrible experience under Dr. Imam's care in 2013. I had just moved to Dallas and went to the emergency room with a severe hemiplegic migraine. I had already experienced the numbness and auras before I got there. While I was there I lost my speech and confused words, which had never happened to me before after 24 years of having migraines. This scared me, especially since I was all alone in a new city. Dr. Imam, who claims to be a migraine specialists, told me and my mother (who also has suffered from migraines for over 30 years and has lost her speech before) that he had never seen anyone lose their speech or confuse words before. This can be found on almost any list of migraine symptoms and on Web MD. Instead of checking with a reference or another neurologists he refused to believe this is what I had and said I had an altered mental state. I left the care of Dr. Imam and went home and subsequently missed 10 days of work because I had severe migraines for 5 days straight. I am lucky to have a wonderful GP in Dallas who said I had been misdiagnosed and knew I was having migraines. She sent me to a wonderful neurologist in Dallas who knew exactly that I was stuck in a migraine cycle and worked with me to pinpoint the cause of the migraines and was able to break the migraine cycle. I have had hemiplegic migraines for 24 years and have had several neurologists in other cities including NYC who have always known my symptoms immediately and have helped me work through the migraine cycle. I have never seen any doctor claim to be a specialist in something that they not only did not know all of the symptoms, but also refused to help work with someone who needed help. I am thoroughly disappointed in Dr. Imam's migraine knowledge and would not recommend him for anyone suffering with migraines.

|  If you want GANDHI like calmness in your neurologist  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

See this physician.I have MS and I am calmned by his calm voice and calm manner. HIS STAFF IS PROFESSIONAL AND HELPFUL ALSO.