Dr. Asher Taban MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

August 11th, 2016
A Diamond of a Doctor
Dr. Taban and his highly professional staff make the patient feel comfortable. I was literally crippled for two years, dragging my leg and having a miserable experience living that way. After seeing three different neurosurgeons, I chose Dr. Taban because he is exceptionally experienced, meticulous, and detail oriented. He gave me a second chance at living a full life again. He is well worth "waiting" for because of his expertise and focus on delivering outstanding patient care. I recommend him unconditionally!

June 20th, 2016
I had a very positive experience. I am two months post op and feeling very well -- able to walk as long as I want. My legs and feet no longer go numb. I had S1 to L5 surgery, with laminectomies and bone fusion. I have a very high regard for Dr. Taban and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

May 10th, 2016
He's the best!
I am so thankful for Dr. Taban and his staff. This was not an easy decision for me to have surgery but I did. Dr. Taban is known for his professional and precise expertise as a surgeon. There are not enough words of gratitude that I have for the doctor. I feel I have many more years of productive life because of the surgery. Dr. Taban's staff make it a pleasure for me to be at my appointments.

October 19th, 2015
He took his time to explain everything and he freed me from devastating pain.

April 11th, 2015
I am incredibly grateful that I had the good fortune to be sent to Dr. Asher Taban by my HMO primary doctor. After several months of back discomfort, pain traveled down my left leg and into my hip, making it difficult to walk. I was in pain no matter what I did; walking, sitting, standing, lying down were all painful positions. Once I was referred to see Dr. Taban, my recovery began. I was scared of surgery, as I had only heard terrible stories about back surgery making things worse. When Dr. Taban met me he was kind, patient, and informative, and it was clear that he had carefully reviewed my MRI and all the new patient paperwork I had filled out. His examination of me to gather more information about my condition was so thorough and reassuring that my fear of needing an operation turned to relief that he could help me through surgery. He showed me the MRI of my spine, explained what the problem was, and that he was confident that he could correct it. The day of surgery was the most anxiety-free, reassuring and professional medical procedure I have ever experienced. Several hours after surgery a physical therapist taught me how to get out of bed, walk, and move during the next weeks as my back healed. I was able to go home that night, and the absence of pain was remarkable. My surgery was three months ago now, and I have none of the pain or discomfort I was living with before surgery; I feel like it was a complete success. I have to say something about Dr. Taban’s office staff. Ellen was always available to answer any of my questions throughout the entire process. I cannot say enough positive about her, and how her reassurance, knowledge, and humor contributed to my well being and recovery. Maria was the person who took my very first phone call to Dr. Taban's office while I was in pain, and despite the difficulty I was having getting a referral from the HMO in a timely manner, Maria gave me an appointment right away. Dr. Taban and his team are unusually capable, reasonable, and kind. His surgical skill has enabled me to return to my active life as a theatre professor and dancer.

May 14th, 2014
Saved a Life
Dr Taban operated on me in 1988. I had a tumor that had been growing on my neck and spinal cord area for at least 7 years. He said he had never seen anything like it and that it just fell apart in his hands when he removed it. He said that if he had waited one more day I would never walk again. I guess you could say he saved my life. Thank you is never enough.

May 12th, 2014
One of a kind doctor
Dr.Taban simply exemplifies what a good doctor is. He is professional,up to date and empathizes by showing concern in your pain. I was diagnosed with pituitary adenoma tumor two and a half months ago. My first visit with Dr.Taban he double checked everything and had shown a real understanding of my health condition. I had a surgery and it was successful. My vision has gotten better and a rough edge on my throat lobe is gone.What a neurosurgeon! Dr.Taban's proper care and treatment along with his patience, kindness and hard work brings out a great staff. Ellen, Maria and Sharon merely stay calm,kind and helpful. I am happy and satisfied with my experience whenever I visit his office. He is one of a kind doctor.

February 23rd, 2014
TOP NOTCH DOC
You cannot get along in life without a working back! When you find a doctor who can identify what's wrong with it that is causing you pain and making your life miserable, and that doctor knows what to do to fix it, YOU HAVE FOUND GOLD! Dr. Taban did 2 surgeries on my back -- ten (10) years apart. The first worked! The second worked!! In between life was great fun! I await the next ten year span -- when I turn 90 -- with great JOY!! In

July 14th, 2013
Thank you Dr. Taban
Four months ago my doctor discovered that I had a pituitary adenoma tumor in my brain. I was referred to Dr. Taban through my health insurance provider(HealthNet). He explained to me that surgery was necessary in order to ensure that this benign tumor did not complicate my overall health. About two weeks ago Dr. Taban performed a surgery to extract the tumor, which was about 33mm large. Despite the large size of the tumor he performed a endonasal endoscopic surgery and removed it completely. There was no complications and my recovery time was only two weeks. I am fully satisfied with the work that Dr. Taban did and would highly recommend him to any other patient. He is highly knowledgeable in his area of work and has a lot of experience in his field, which is evident through the success of my surgery.

July 12th, 2012
incredible doctor
My experience with Dr. Taban and his office staff Ellen and Maria was excellent. The doctor and his staff are extremely professional and show you caring and compassion. I would like to say thank you to Dr. Taban's surgical staff who, along with Dr. Taban, performed surgery on my neck and gave me a new life without pain. Thanks to everyone and especially the brilliant Dr. Taban who took a moment to watch a rainbow with me. What an incredible doctor!

May 1st, 2012
Severe cervical stenosis and degeneration. Did an excellent job of fixing problem. Would HIGHLY recommend him

April 9th, 2011
Dr. Taban is the best of the best! Within two months of surgery, my husband is experiencing more mobility then he has had in ten years. The wait for an appt is a little long, as is the office visit wait, but once inside his office.....it becomes quite apparent you are in the room with pure genius!