General Practitioners, Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

1331 W Avenue J
Ste 206
Lancaster, CA 93534
661-949-8882
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  He DOES know his stuff....BUT  |  show details
by Margreate Lublin on May 17th, 2014

He's a great Dr. and knows what he's talking about...he has diabetes himself, and tells you he does, so he knows what he's talking about. HOWEVER, he has too many down sides...for my liking. I had been seeing him for a few years and he belittled me to the point of me getting extremely stressed and upset, so I stopped seeing him for over a year, then my diabetes got worse it was all over the place, so I went back to see him, in less than a year, I was being belittled again, I couldn't take his abuse, although according to him it was for my own good. How can abusing someone be ANY GOOD, for anyone!!!! Anyway, I have left him for the last time. I am seeing a Dr. now, that takes care of the problems I have, with my health and wellness in mind. He cares for me in relation to my entire illnesses not simply my diabetes, and he NEVER abuses me. I don't think Dr. Patel will actually read any of these comments but he truly should...maybe it would help him to understand, why even the patients that start out loving him deeply turn out to leave him in the end!!!! Oh well, such is life! When I say he's abusive I mean he yells at the patients in the office so loudly that even the other patients and staff can hear it. In addition he belittles his patents that don't do exactly as he tells you to do even if you're doing almost everything right, if there is one thing you're not doing his way, you get read the riot act for your mistake..he doesn't give much encouragement when you are doing things right..and if you're a diabetic you know how hard it is to do everything right all the time. Sometimes you slip up...but that is NEVER a reason for a professional Dr. to belittle you, or verbally abuse you. At least not in this patients opinion! I truly did love Dr. Patel at first, until the belittling and abuse started happening. He does know his business, but he doesn't seem to know manners or patience. He's NOT what I would a PROFESSIONAL, simply because he knows everything about Diabetes doesn't make him PROFESSIONAL in my book. He NEEDS to know Manners, patience and patients, he also needs to know how to give encouragement!!!

|  Wait over a hour every time.  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2014

Wait over a hour every time. Before you see anyone!! Then just says do this and your done. Horrible experience

|  Best Endo Ever  |  show details
by Resa C. on Nov 20th, 2013

Absolutely the best doctor in the Antelope Valley. He is extremely knowledgeable, listen to his patients needs (when they are doing what they need to be doing), and goes above and beyond just being a doctor. His heart is bigger than anyone's I have ever seen. He truly cares about each and every one of his patients. His only pet peeve is when he is gives you all the tools you need to be successful and healthy and you don't do your part. You can't blame him for that. He has brought me and several of my friends and family back to life!!

Sep 7th, 2013

Second worst doctor I've ever had the displeasure of encountering (and the other caused a death - what does that say?). He gave no guidance on HOW to control my blood sugar, but berated me and used the recent death of my son to to bully me. When I made the discontinue treatment with him and find a new doctor, he raised his voice at me and attempted to belittle me even more. This "doctor" is not worth the stress. I received no positive benefit from seeing him. He is NOT the only endocrinologist in town anymore and the fact that it only takes a couple of days to get an appointment at most, and a month to see the other - tells the whole story. Patients are flocking to the alternative. I know I've made the decision to leave the abusive relationship he attempted to force me into.

|  INCREDIBLY CARING DOCTOR THAT IS WORTH THE WAIT!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

This doctor was definitly worth the wait!!! Before seeing him, I read his reviews online and they scared me a lot! I realized after my 1st vistit (I've seen him 3 times so far and continuting) that, this doctor is so incredible and wants to help people. I think that's why the wait is so long, because he wants to help all the people that he can. So, if you complain and say the wait was so long and he says you are "lucky", that is because you are! If you're lazy and not willing to do what HE knows what is best for you, then don't waste his time. He's not wasting his time with you, YOU should not waste his time if you are not willing to do what he says, because he KNOWS what is best for you and STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE! If you want to be lazy and not get help, here is a doctor for you...Dr. George Lyons, a Neurologist from Boise, Idaho, amen. I LOVE DR. PATEL!!!!!

|  DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

I saw Dr. Patel, and was mistreated for my condition RADICALLY.

|  worth the wait  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2012

Dr Patel answers all your questions; he takes time to ask about your needs; seems to be knowlegeable about his area of expertise.

Jul 3rd, 2011

great; very professional

|  If you want to live a healthy life Dr. Patel is the one that can help you get there  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

I was in the hospital with DKA after a trial drug study. My A1c was 10.1 and before calling the ambulance my body was shutting down. I'm 52 years old was on a fast spiral to death. Within 2 days my blood sugar was very near 100 all the time. I'm one week with my miracle Dr. and my average is 173. After my visit yesterday with my eating healthy and exercising 2 hrs a day (my program) Dr. Patel said at this time next year I'll be off insulin. He's given me new hope. If for some reason I'm not off insulin in 2012 I'm surly to be in great health. I'll keep everyone posted. I might add I heard Dr. with three other patients prior to seeing me. The walls are thin. lol Yes he told her that eating French toast and Pizza isn't going to get her there. Another patient he explained how not taking his blood sugar readings will not help him to see his grandkids grow up. All THE TRUTH. If my mom had a caring Dr. such as this wonderful caring man she wouldn't be dead right now. He cares thats the bottom line. I'd wait as long as needed for now time to be seen since I know he's giving all his patients the time they deserve. Stay tuned to see how my life turns around.

|  I love Dr. Patel  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr.'s for 3 years trying to figure out what was wrong with me..I finally changed my insurance and went to Dr. Patel who figured it out in a months time. He is a great Dr. with a passion to help people..although is staff tends to over book appts and Ive waited almost 2 hrs...The wait is worth it.

|  knowledgable and HORRIBLE  |  show details
by Boo on Jul 1st, 2010

This doctor knows his stuff and beats you over the head with it. He is cruel in his comments, you wait FOREVER in his lobby and if you complaign then he lambasts you about how lucky you are to even have an appointment and if you don't like it you can leave.. SO I DID!! He witholds medicine unless you came on a very short turn around schedule (two months or so)and when you do come in, he gives you samples for just enough time until you come in again.

|  Bad Advice?  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2010

This doctor dropped by for his $300 charge while I was hospitalized because his patient shared my room. Having been a Type II Diabetic for 11 years, and having exceptionally good A1c's consistently with daily readings averaging 110, he abruptly advised me that I was out of control and should be averaging 60-70 readings. At 70 I exhibit hypoglycemic symptoms...if I ran that consistently, I'd soon be in a coma.

by Thyroid patient from TriWest on May 27th, 2010

Dr. Patel was very unprofessional when I asked him, one day, if I could get an appt for a time he is available rather than having to wait over an hour in the waiting room (after the scheduled appt time). He blew up and said that I'm lucky, since some of his patients have to "wait 3-4 hours to see him" and that he gives everyone all the time they need . . . Some of what he said was believable, that "setting up appts is not an exact science" and since some people take longer than others, it's hard to stay on schedule. But he went on to say that I complain about everything -- which is entirely inappropriate considering in 18 months of treatment I have only once brought up something that was directly causing me severe stress (because I was concerned how it was affecting my health). At least three other doctors (who are actually board-certified and didn't go to the Carribbean to get their M.D. like Dr. Patel) have shared negative comments with me on the way he practices medicine. . .

by Peggy P. on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr Patel was my Dr for three years, then, one day he yelled at me and said I was wasting his time and his pay check was the same whether I lived or died. My A1C was 7.1. He said one more chance and you are out of here. That does not help. He needs some anger management help.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Jennifer Ann on Oct 15th, 2009

I have been going to a doctor in Valencia for quite some time which I was not very happy with so one my friends recommended Dr.Patel. He is awesome. My HBA1c was 10.5 now it is down to 5.9. He's great!!

|  Dr. A. Patel has saved my mom at least 3 times!  |  show details
by Jonna Plante on Sep 29th, 2009

Dr. A. Patel has had to figure out and diagnose difficult problems(I should say difficult for some other Drs.) regading my mother and has come to her rescue at least 3 times when she was close to death. I can depend on him to be there at her bedside, work with other Drs., and help to figure out the problem before it is too late. He is a great Dr. and I hightly recommend him and his staff.

Sep 4th, 2009

This doctor is very rude. He is not good with people. He has no patience. He is harsh, unattentive, will not listen to the patient, and very controlling and dogmatic.

Aug 16th, 2009

I thought he was quite an amazing doctor. He explained everything thoroughly. He was very up front with me and told me how it is, I like that honesty in a physician. He's a great doctor.

|  Patient rights  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2009

Patel was very cruel, hurtful, and demeaning to me as one of his patients. He has no bed side manners and I leave his office in tears every time I visit. I will no longer use him as my doctor due to his uncaring attitude. I don't like to be told in front of my daughter that I'm going to be dead in my grave, or that flapping my lips is my only form of exercise. I don't need to be told that crying in front of my daughter shows how weak I am and that I should crawl in a hole and give up. I'm a educated woman who was told by my doctor to give up and get on welfare if I can't handle it. What happened to treating patients with respect and dignity? This doctor doesn't know the meaning of either of those words. Good luck to him because I won't ever step foot in his office ever again. He has a lot of knowledge as a doctor but is very unfriendly and has no empathy for his patients. No one deserves to be treated like they are worthless.