Dr. Ashiq Patel MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

April 13th, 2016
Looking forward to getting healthy
Dr. Patels attention to detail and genuine concern for his patients... gives you great confidence in your recovery :-)

April 8th, 2016
Best Real Endocronologist in the AV!
Dr. Patel is way ahead of the game here! He cares about his patients and those that have left negative reviews...not nice! He is our child's Dr. Our child is his patient, he is brutally honest. If you can't take honesty, best to go elsewhere and find a Yes Doctor for your needs. We see him monthly and yes, he is busy..that in of itself should say something, add waiting room full of people equals a Doctor that knows what he is doing and cares about his patients. Office Staff are wonderful, when you treat people with respect...they will respond in kind. Being nice works wonders for everyone. I've watched the staff explain over and over what the Doc has ordered the patient to do. I applaud them for their patients, while dealing with a patient. People, young and old need to listen to their Doctor, his main concern is you the patient. Doctor Patel is trying his best to save your life, try and help him to do so by listening to him. More reasons why we love him, he lectured me that at the end of the day, our child is his patient...not us, the parent's. Once you get past the fact that he is up front and tells you like it is, 3/4 of the battle is over. Please be nice to the wonderful ladies that work in his office. Believe it or not, they are caring human's and it's upsetting to those of us that are in stunned silence as someone goes off on them. If you do this to the office staff while I'm there, just know, I'll put you in your place. Being rude is no excuse. I have yet to meet a perfect person, we are all fallible humans. Be nice, it's easy. This is our families opinion of Dr. Patel and his awesome staff! Thank You so much Dr. Patel and staff.

March 19th, 2016
He wont listen to the patient. He is rude. But, he know his stuff. If you can get past his cockiness, he'll help you.

December 3rd, 2015
Dr. Patel is great!
Dr. Patel explained everything to me. Showed me the tools I needed to be successful in managing my health and is great with following up. He's not going to hold your hand and coddle you. He's going to diagnosis the condition and help you to correct it. I'm grateful to him.

July 10th, 2015
dr. Patel is an awesome doctor
Dr Patel he's an amazing doctor he cares about his patients he loves his work not many doctors care and love their patients like Dr Patel he's got great bedside manner. I love Dr Patel because he cares about his patients healthy living situations their complete recovery from this diabetic disease. God bless you Dr Patel

September 24th, 2014
Good at first until you get to know him
This doctor was very nice and caring at first and then he turned into a bully and makes you feel small. Never go to him. He doesn't like to be questioned on his methods and will make the following visits worse and worse.

May 17th, 2014
He DOES know his stuff....BUT
He's a great Dr. and knows what he's talking about...he has diabetes himself, and tells you he does, so he knows what he's talking about. HOWEVER, he has too many down sides...for my liking. I had been seeing him for a few years and he belittled me to the point of me getting extremely stressed and upset, so I stopped seeing him for over a year, then my diabetes got worse it was all over the place, so I went back to see him, in less than a year, I was being belittled again, I couldn't take his abuse, although according to him it was for my own good. How can abusing someone be ANY GOOD, for anyone!!!! Anyway, I have left him for the last time. I am seeing a Dr. now, that takes care of the problems I have, with my health and wellness in mind. He cares for me in relation to my entire illnesses not simply my diabetes, and he NEVER abuses me. I don't think Dr. Patel will actually read any of these comments but he truly should...maybe it would help him to understand, why even the patients that start out loving him deeply turn out to leave him in the end!!!! Oh well, such is life! When I say he's abusive I mean he yells at the patients in the office so loudly that even the other patients and staff can hear it. In addition he belittles his patents that don't do exactly as he tells you to do even if you're doing almost everything right, if there is one thing you're not doing his way, you get read the riot act for your mistake..he doesn't give much encouragement when you are doing things right..and if you're a diabetic you know how hard it is to do everything right all the time. Sometimes you slip up...but that is NEVER a reason for a professional Dr. to belittle you, or verbally abuse you. At least not in this patients opinion! I truly did love Dr. Patel at first, until the belittling and abuse started happening. He does know his business, but he doesn't seem to know manners or patience. He's NOT what I would a PROFESSIONAL, simply because he knows everything about Diabetes doesn't make him PROFESSIONAL in my book. He NEEDS to know Manners, patience and patients, he also needs to know how to give encouragement!!!

January 24th, 2014
Wait over a hour every time.
Wait over a hour every time. Before you see anyone!! Then just says do this and your done. Horrible experience

November 20th, 2013
Best Endo Ever
Absolutely the best doctor in the Antelope Valley. He is extremely knowledgeable, listen to his patients needs (when they are doing what they need to be doing), and goes above and beyond just being a doctor. His heart is bigger than anyone's I have ever seen. He truly cares about each and every one of his patients. His only pet peeve is when he is gives you all the tools you need to be successful and healthy and you don't do your part. You can't blame him for that. He has brought me and several of my friends and family back to life!!

September 7th, 2013
Second worst doctor I've ever had the displeasure of encountering (and the other caused a death - what does that say?). He gave no guidance on HOW to control my blood sugar, but berated me and used the recent death of my son to to bully me. When I made the discontinue treatment with him and find a new doctor, he raised his voice at me and attempted to belittle me even more. This "doctor" is not worth the stress. I received no positive benefit from seeing him. He is NOT the only endocrinologist in town anymore and the fact that it only takes a couple of days to get an appointment at most, and a month to see the other - tells the whole story. Patients are flocking to the alternative. I know I've made the decision to leave the abusive relationship he attempted to force me into.

October 25th, 2012
INCREDIBLY CARING DOCTOR THAT IS WORTH THE WAIT!
This doctor was definitly worth the wait!!! Before seeing him, I read his reviews online and they scared me a lot! I realized after my 1st vistit (I've seen him 3 times so far and continuting) that, this doctor is so incredible and wants to help people. I think that's why the wait is so long, because he wants to help all the people that he can. So, if you complain and say the wait was so long and he says you are "lucky", that is because you are! If you're lazy and not willing to do what HE knows what is best for you, then don't waste his time. He's not wasting his time with you, YOU should not waste his time if you are not willing to do what he says, because he KNOWS what is best for you and STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE! If you want to be lazy and not get help, here is a doctor for you...Dr. George Lyons, a Neurologist from Boise, Idaho, amen. I LOVE DR. PATEL!!!!!

April 18th, 2012
DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!
I saw Dr. Patel, and was mistreated for my condition RADICALLY.