Dr. Ashish Shah MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Columbus, OH

February 13th, 2017
Tonsillectomy
My 6 year old had very large tonsils, which his pediatrician said were most likely not worrisome but if he started to display signs of sleep apnea, were worth getting checked out. When he eventually did start gasping at night, he pediatrician recommended Dr. Shah. I am very glad that he did. Dr. Shah bypassed the sleep study sometimes done to confirm sleep apnea based on the symptoms my son and I reported (saving us time and money, and getting his tonsils removed sooner). He was very friendly and professional. He was very good at easing both my fears and my son's.

October 11th, 2016
I was very pleased with his knowledge of information, His willingness to help figure out my problem ..his over all concern ..

July 22nd, 2016
thyroid
excellent thyroid surgeon

January 2nd, 2016
Don't waste your time or money!
I would NOT recommend this office or Dr Shah!!!! Extremely long wait and I was GROSSLY overcharged!! I would give them zero stars if I could. I am extremely disappointed in the care in which I received at this office. I came in to see the doctor as I had a persistent itch in my ear. First of all, I waited in the waiting room for over an hour. I was taken back by a nurse, and I told her that I have had an itch in my ear, and that I wasn't having any problems with my hearing. For some reason, a tympanometry test was done without my knowledge, and I was charged $35 for it. Then, I waited in the waiting room some more. Once I finally saw Dr. Ashish Shah, he spent about 3 minutes with me. He looked in my ear with an otoscope and said there didn't seem to be any problems and prescribed an ear drop and ear cream. It was coded 99203 and labeled as 'mod complexity' and my insurance was charged $170. My insurance was billed a total of $205 and after minor adjustments, I need to pay $125.42. For what I had done in the office that day, there is no way I should have been charged that amount of money. I had a hearing test that I did not authorize and 3 minutes with the doctor. Not to mention, the prescription drops and cream that I had to purchase from the pharmacy did not fix the problem. While I appreciate what doctors do, I feel that I was grossly overcharged for the services rendered that day. Don't waste your time and money!

August 30th, 2013
Unprofessional
I went to see Dr. Shah to have sinus surgery. The 1st time I met him, he came into the room laughing hysterically. He never introduced himself. He just kept looking at me laughing. It was so awkward. I just kept sitting there not certain what the hysteria was. It took 5 minutes for us to get down to business. He said the xrays showed I definately needed sinus surgery. He looked at my neck & said my thyroid needed to be looked at. He sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound. I went back for him to see me again. I wasn't going to go back to him, but I wanted to see what the hospital said. He said he had another appointment for me. He told me where to go & when. He did not tell me he was sending me to a cancer center. I had 16 needles injected into my neck for a biopsy. Dr. Shah prepared me for none of this. I asked the cancer doctor what this was all about (since Dr. Shah had said nothing). He said over 90 % of the time, it is non-cancerous. Dr. Shah then canceled my next appointment & I never have seen him again. There was no follow up. This is the most un-professional doctor I ever met.

May 18th, 2013
I would chose this doctor again. I was at my wits end before going to doctor Shah. He gave me a correct diagnosis. Before going to him I had seen my primary several times and my dentist several times. Dr. Shah was able to relieve my pain and infection. He was very thorough and patient listening to all of my symptoms before giving me the correct diagnosis. He is a life saver!

May 1st, 2013
Sleep Apnea, Breathing issue, Snoring
I visited Dr. Ashish Shah for my Sleep Apnea problem. I am very picky in selecting Doctors as I had not good experience in past with at least two doctors. I find Dr. Ashish Shah very knowledgeable, decent, polite and honest doctor. He examines me in well detail, consider all possible aspect of my sleep issues, and discuss all possible treatment options and starts with the easy one. I highly recommend Dr. Ashish Shah to my family, friends and anyone.

February 9th, 2012
Dr. Shah was wonderful. My 2 year old need tubes and he made us feel so comfortable with the entire process. I would recommend him to anyone.