Dr. Ashit Patel MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bellevue, WA

• Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2017
The Doctor caused major nerve damage during my back operation on November 5, 2015 and still I have to wear socks all day and night and only take my socks off to take a shower.
My feet are cold 24 hours a day and no improvement since the operation. He is without a doubt the worse follow up Doctor there is. There is no follow up by this man. What a night mare.

March 16th, 2017
I had a L5-S1 Disc extrusion that was sitting on my S1 nerve root for about 2 months straight and got so bad that I couldn't drive, sit, stand, walk or anything to make the pain go away. It felt better when laying down on my back with ice pack.
I'm very pleased with Dr. Patel an his tremendous work he did and how he explained things to me so I can understand it myself. I was able to see Dr. Patel much earlier and he made time for me which meant a lot. When he saw my MRI scan he immediately informed me that I will need back surgery but really reassured me that after the surgery my leg pain and nerve pain will go away. Grant I do need to keep up with my excersie and stretches that will benefit me from this happening again. Dr. Patel is a very patience and understanding person who's very professional in his work and explains the procedure well. Thank you again Dr. Patel.

March 11th, 2017
Excellent spine surgeon
I was free of back pain within a few days after surgery. Dr. Patel is a true professional. His staff were very helpful. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking the best spinal surgeon.

November 2nd, 2016
Was so wrong, couldn't be much more wrong. Trusted him, biggest mistake in my life. He messed up so badly, and other Docs asked if he has ever done this surgery before? Sorry to say he has. I think maybe he shouldn't be a surgeon. He needs to take a medical ethics class. He thinks lying to a patient because another person is in the room is okay, it isn't! He lacks the skill to perform any surgery that is by ones spinal cord.. Just terrible, beware!!!!!

May 13th, 2016
I suffered years with back pain. Then developed leg pain. I went to several doctors. Dr. Patel was the only doctor willing to help me. Back surgery went great, as well as, recovery. Dr. Patel is the only doctor for me regarding my spine issues.

April 15th, 2016
Dr Patel is absolutely the BEST doctor to see for any back issues. He has improved my quality of life substantially.

October 12th, 2015
Dr. Patel is very educated in his profession. He cares about his patient and his staff is awesome too. He takes time to explain whats wrong and what can be done about it. Dr. Patel Thank you.

September 23rd, 2015
Great Bedside manner, but the Worst of the Worst surgeon in WA state or anywhere! 80% failure rate on easiest fusion, and lams have no clue. Please if u value your quality of life, go somewhere else, anywhere! Should NOT have a license but Docs stick together.
Doctor's Response

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. However in order to better understand your situation, please contact our office manager so that we may speak more on the phone. We look forward to hearing from you.

May 31st, 2015
Dr Patel was cordial, patient, and provided excellent care. My back surgery was complex, taking 10 hours, and he ensured I received quality care in the hospital as well as regular, supportive follow up care.

March 30th, 2015
Bad & old technique on fusion surgeries. Go somewhere else!!!
Medical ethics are NOT his strong point. Surgical technique isn't either and is very old. If u value your quality of life at all, see someone else! He lied, hid things and had no idea what he was doing. I am perm disabled now and there are many others just like me I found out. He should NOT have a Medical license!

May 19th, 2012
Finally a good doctor
It's so hard to find a good dr. Dr Patel is the best he's very carrying very profesional and really cares about you as a person I have some chronic cervical issues from 2 work injuries and dr Patel continues to treat me and my wife with compassion and has never for a moment considered putting me to the curb because of my pain issues So I say God Bless Dr.Ash Patel

January 28th, 2012
thorough visit, but...
I saw Dr Patel once to get an opinion on my herniated and degrading discs. He was very friendly and gave me a thorough exam. However, he was very focused on the the fact that my pain and stiffness "was out of proportion to my MRI results". I've seen other doctors and bottom line, an MRI isn't the end-all, be-all of your situation, especially when it concerns the spine. And he poo-pooed the idea of microdisectomies in general. Dr Patel does regular discetomies, not microdisectomies, and I knew this going in, but I wanted his advice anyway. His reasons seemed wishy-washy - xray exposure during the microdisectomy and that the regular discetomy is the "gold standard". Be aware when you hear this from a doctor. The "gold standard" is not necessarily the best, but doctors sometimes manipulate the meaning to try and sell you something. The "gold standard" actually means that alternative options are rated against it as being, "just as good", "worse", or "better". The "gold standard" doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. The fact is that microdiscetomies are "just as good" or "superior", as the results are the same but recovery time is way faster - sometimes you walk out of the hospital the same day you have surgery! It was clear that Dr Patel was trying to snowball me into thinking that the regular discetomy was superior, by manipulating some fancy terms, but I saw right through it. Microdisetomies are very successful, but you have to make sure the doctor specializes in it. At any rate, I feel like Dr Patel was out of touch by focusing too much on the MRI and not admitting that the microdisetomy is a perfectly reasonable option.