inactive

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2016
exceptional
An unusually cordial and caring surgeon. Efficient and professional Precise and knowledgeable. He's extremely busy and if you are tentative in your knowledge, he may seem a little abrupt. His sill is unquestionable.

October 14th, 2015
Wilmer has too much turnover. Also this doctor is not board-certified. It is a shame Wilmer has hired so many mediocre doctors that no other place would hire.

August 26th, 2015
Caring Doctor
After visiting five specialists in Boston, I finally decided to make the trip to the Wilmer Eye Institute. I was given an appointment with Dr. Behrens, who was very thorough and who actually came up with a diagnosis, something no one else seemed to be able to deal with. Very pleased with his caring attitude. Would definitely recommend him.

February 4th, 2010
I was blind and now I can see!
my life has changed after Dr. Behrens performed cataract surgery. I visited so many different doctors that turned me down for surgery because it was too risky. Dr. Behrens explained to me all the pros and cons, and I finally made the decision to proceed. I couldn't be more happy. My vision is great! My only criticism is related to the difficulty in getting an appointment. That man is really busy, and it took me a couple of months to see him. But he is worth the wait!

December 23rd, 2009
GO ELSEWHERE
don't go to this doctor. He is not in the mold of the other Wilmer doctors I have seen.

December 11th, 2009
my friend was recently seen by Dr. Behrens and had only wonderful things to say. Of course, the wait time was a little long, but what doctor ever see's a patient on time? My friend strongly recommends Dr. Behrens for anyone looking for the "Right" doc to perform their lasik surgery.

October 30th, 2009
not Wilmer quality
still has not explained to me or my father why he can not see after surgery. Turns out met another such person in waiting room since we were there such a long time. I am very disappointed that we came to Wilmer to see Dr. Behrens.

June 5th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Behrens is an excellent eye doctor. He is an exceedingly caring and extremely skilled eye doctor. Dr. Behrens has improved the sight of people with some of the most difficult eye diseases to treat. He combines the rare traits of excellence in skill, knowledge, and ability, with a heart that cares about each individual patient. He "sees" each set of eyes, each problem, and eye disease, not just as "eyes" but as the whole person behind the eyes. He cares about the whole person and what is best for that specific individual. His care of patients is excellent and he is willing to explain each step of treatment to help relieve any fear on the part of the patient. He has even come in on a Saturday and Sunday when I was having eye problems. Dr. Behrens is truly a wonderful doctor as well as a wonderful person. In my opinion there is not a better eye specialist anywhere,

June 5th, 2009
Excellent bedside manners and very happy with the results of my cataract surgery

May 12th, 2009
my friend then got surgery with him and the results were poor. he keeps patients waiting for hours. Also found out he is not certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, which I thought all Wilmer docs were.

January 19th, 2016