Dr. Ashley Miller Is this you?

1 Rating • 1 Comment

1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Ashley Miller?

Poor dianosis, would not perform much needed internal vaginal exam

Posted on March 26th, 2012

I took my daughter on a Sunday to Dartmouth Hichcock clinic in Concord NH to see Dr. Brunelle. I explicitly told them that my daughter was experiencing a heavy smelly discharge from her vagina and should be checked for a stuck tampon. I allowed my daughter to see the doctor alone as she was embarrassed for me to go since she was supposed to be examined in her vagina for the stuck tampon. After what was suppose to be a full internal exam, Dr. Brunelle called me into the room to tell what was going on. She told me and my daughter she suspected it was just a period issue and should not be alarmed. Her attitude was very nonchallant as if nothing was wrong. She said she ran some tests but may not see any results until the next three days but if anything came in today they would call me. We then left. In the car I asked my daughter if she had checked for the tampon. My daughter said no she never check her for it and made her perform a swab test inside her own vagina! I don't understand why this doctor never even performed the exam like she was requested to! I was so alarmed and knew that my daughter could be at great risk of toxic shock syndrome so I immediately rushed her to the emergency walk in center at Horse Shoe Pond. The doctor there was also shocked that Dr. Brunelle did not perform a thorough check on my daughter and proceeded to do one herself. She discovered a TAMPON stuck inside my daughter and it was there for quite some time due to the stink and infection she found inside my daughters vagina! What kind of doctor would risk a child's life like this! My daughter could have gone into toxic shock at anytime and die! I have to warn you about this as I would not wish for any child hurt due to this doctor's lack of professionalism. Thank goodness I had the good sense to pursue other avenues to get the proper care she needed.

Autism Spectrum Disorder