Dr. Ashley Chin MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Magnolia, TX

• Good
  • Bad

January 10th, 2014
When I came to Dr. Chin I had been very sick for over six months. I have a VERY extensive health background which is piled with many difficulties. Dr. Chin took the time to listen to everything I had going on, she asked many questions to affirm she heard me correctly and to make sure that she fully understood everything that was going on. She asked me to be patient while she ran multiple kinds of tests to try to diagnose and help me. Within a few weeks I had some diagnoses, she had me on track with what could help me and even referred me to another doctor to help continue my care with a proper manner. It is now over a year and a half later and I am so thankful to a God Sent friend who told me about Dr. Chin and her ability to help someone who considers themselves a difficult case.

August 5th, 2013
Doctor ok but staff terrible
Visit itself was ok with the doctor but the service by the staff was horrible. Too many problems to list here. Will look to go elsewhere.
Doctor's Response

We get this comment alot. We have always had great providers but admittedly our front staff was not as professional. We have a new office manager, front staff and the degree of professionalism has gone way up. You will love their kind, cordial manner, customer care attitude and a willing to help. Please try us again

April 5th, 2013
I have been to several different Dr.'s in the area trying to find a good physician that actually takes time with you, listens and gives proper diagnoses/treatment. I had a great first 2 experiences with Dr. Chin AND her PA. They both (each visit), took time to listen to me, did a great patient assessment and discussed different treatments options. She also informed me as I was leaving that she was on call all weekend and to call her if I had any problems. When is the last time ANYONE ever had a Dr. go the distance and even say that? I'm sticking with these ladies for awhile. I went in explaining odd symptoms while the PA quickly pieced it together to figure out what was going on. I was so impressed. If you're wanting a Dr. who knows their stuff, takes their time and doesn't just give you antibiotics for every sniffle and cough...this is the place.

April 18th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor and person
Dr.Chin, is a wonderful person, and doctor. I was surprised at how much time she was willing to take with me, and how she was really concerned. I so love this doctor!

April 27th, 2010
Great Doctor!
Dr. Chin is the best Dr if have had. She takes her time in assessing your needs and diagnosing your condition. She is personable and cares about you, you are not just another $ sign to her. She is also quick and listens to you.

April 16th, 2010
Unprofessional staff/office
Every time I came to the office, I was forced to wait for at least an hour. I was only late once, by LITERALLY seven minutes (I was coming from Houston and had longer-than-expected traffic) and they made me wait for an hour and a half before I got into the office. I came in from Houston twice EXCLUSIVELY to get bloodwork done, so I made appointments to come in. After they'd made me wait, they called me back only to tell me the lady who did bloodwork (who was wonderful) had gone home. I had made my appointments and driven an hour to get my blood tested! Then there was the time they told me they'd be back to take my blood pressure in ten minutes. Twenty minutes later I went out to check and everyone had left the office - with me in it - to go to lunch. I mostly worked with the assistant doctor (I forget the term), and she was weird. She gave me a lecture for not eating healthy enough... after I'd lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks! She had such a condescending attitude. I never felt welcome in the office, or like I was anything more than the fat person (I'm fifteen pounds above the 'ideal' weight for my height. Yeah, I'm really jumbo). But she made me feel that way with her comments and attitude. It was just an unpleasant experience all around. I would not recommend this office at all.
Doctor's Response

Pinewood has a new office manager, front staff and a brand new process. The wait time is now significantly reduced, Quest blood draw is available on site, all day. We still take a 1 hour lunch for the staff. We are known for our excellent weight loss program and have many testimonies about people who have lost weight successfully and are maintaining it. Our provides give the utmost respect to all people, especially our patients. If your previous experience was poor, we are not what we used to be

August 10th, 2016