Dr. Ashley So Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ashley So?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Ashley So?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2016

Great for me

October 20th, 2016

I have chosen Dr. So as my Primary Care Physician and would recommend her to anyone. She is thorough with an "Easy, relaxed, professional manner - not overbearing or intimidating". Additionally, her staff is the same.

July 12th, 2016

I think Dr. So is a wonderful Primary Care Doctor. She is very knowledgeable, explains everything extremely well, and is very pleasant. I would recommend her to anyone!

April 18th, 2016

Very good Dr I will use her again.

She is thorough She comes in and gets down to business. She was pleasurable. I needed an appointment that day. The girls in the office fit me in. I was thankful for her staff. I will see her again.

December 17th, 2015

Bad Experience

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, please be careful on who you want to monitor your health.

September 2nd, 2015

Don't expect for her to explain your diagnosis and do not expect her to discuss how the diagnosis affects your day-to-day lifestyle. Expect arrogance towards your questions.

August 12th, 2015

hot headed and does not listen

For months she never listened to my concerns. Her answer to all of my issues was stress. By the time she took her hands off her ears I was half dead. Worst dr I ever had!

July 29th, 2015

Plz i request each and every one , not to have appointment with dr ashely so .

April 12th, 2014

Horrible

When I first came in she never once said hello but only asked for my name and started. She was never polite and asked rushed quick questions and didn't really bother asking how my day was or how I was. When I was waiting I noticed that her previous patients were greeted warmly, smiled at them, gave nice polite small talk, and even given them hugs. She seemed to like their company more than mine, because on my first visit she was cold, improper, not polite and seemed to ignore me by trying to get this appointment over with, even in my second visit. I believe she dislikes Asian patients or at least Vietnamese, even though she is herself Asian. I strongly don't recommend and believe she should get fired for how she was acting towards us compared to the other patients.

September 25th, 2012

Do not reccommend

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ashley So for a physical screening on the afternoon of Friday, the 27th at 4:00 pm. I was verbally asked three times to come to the appointment 30 minutes early in order to fill out paperwork and get into the doctors office promptly. I arrived at the clinic at 3:15 pm. I handed the first clerk my drivers license and insurance card; and in return received the paperwork that I needed to fill out. After I finished filling out my paperwork, approximately around 3:35 pm, I returned my paperwork to a second clerk whom did not oblige to take the documents. I asked if I should give the information to the first clerk, at which time, she quickly grabbed the documents. From 3:35 pm to 4:05 pm, I waited in the front lobby until a physicians assistant came to help me. I was called to the back, and the assistant measured my weight. After that, I was escorted to a room where the assistant began entering my basic information into the computer. The questions asked were standard for a physical exam (i.e. she inquired if I smoked, what my family history was, etc.). Half way through the paperwork, a doctor opened the door, and asked that the assistant help another patient with testing. The assistant promptly left the room, without giving me a reason as to why, and closed the door behind her. From 4:10 pm to 4:44 pm, I was left unattended. At 4:45 pm, Dr. Ashley So introduced herself. I promptly explained that I was in need of a physical exam because I had colon cancer history in my family. I told her that I was here for preventative measures and wanted a second opinion in getting a colonoscopy. Due to my age, 25, I wanted to make sure the procedure was still necessary or if there had been any advancements in technology since my mother passed away 11 years ago (from colon cancer). The doctor asked me if I knew how much my insurance would cover for the exam. I explained to the doctor that I had called my insurance and this clinic prior to my visit, and was not going to be given an estimate on the costs of the procedure until I retrieved a CPT code from her office for the tests that needed to be conducted. She said she did not administer those tests and would not be able to assist me if I did not know what my insurance covered. She then began asking me the same questions that I filled out on the paperwork. I verified the information, and then went back to voicing my concerns about a colonoscopy. She simply stated it wasnt her line of work and could give me a referral. I asked about the physical exam because at this point she had not physically examined anything (ears, eyes, throat, pulse, heartbeat, etc.). The doctor said without me knowing the cost of what my insurance covered, nothing else would be done. She then stated, We dont even have a cure for the common cold; let alone cancer. At that point I understood that the doctors only concern was how much money she would make off of my insurance. She was not interested in my well being in the slightest. I am voicing my opinion to this medical association to help those people who dont get a second chance. If I had walked into that office with stage 4 colon cancer, Doctor Ashley So would not have cared or known. I am asking that someone on this board make it clear that doctors have the moral obligation to understand their field of work correlates directly with the lives of their patients; and we are not to be considered walking dollar signs. I hope and pray that Doctor Ashley So has not lost any patients based on her ignorance. Thank you for taking the time to read this. At that point I understood that the doctors only concern was how much money she would make off of my insurance. She was not interested in my well being in the slightest. I am voicing my opinion to this medical association to help those people who dont get a second chance. If I had walked into that office with stage 4 colon cancer, Doctor Ashley So would not have cared or known. I am asking that someone on this board make it clear that doctors have the moral obligation to understand their field of work correlates directly with the lives of their patients; and we are not to be considered walking dollar signs. I hope and pray that Doctor Ashley So has not lost any patients based on her ignorance. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

December 2nd, 2011

I'm not so sure...

I've only gone to see Dr. So once and am not sure if I want to go back. He has a warm personality and was kind. However, I'm a diabetic on a mission to get rid of my pills. With only 1 visit she's already wanting to give me cholesterol medicine but I dont have any where near high cholesterol and wants to change me to insulin, after admitting that I hadnt eaten properly the night before (I ate pretty late too) or a few days before that. I did let her know I was back on my exercise and diet plan and my levels are under better control now than when I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My old doctor didnt even see the need to put me on insulin because I wasnt too badly in trouble so I didnt need it...so why does she want to change me to insulin when I'm clearly on the right path to better health? Who knows! In 1 year i lost a lot of weight and am feeling and doing better than I ever did! I think I'm going to switch to a different doctor that specializes in internal medicine...not knocking the specialties but I think I'd do better there, knowing someone feels the way I do and not wanting to add unnecessary pills or give unnecessary medication that could cause more harm than good.

November 12th, 2011

No nonsense

Dr. So is a very good doctor. She doesn't take any crap from me and let's me know that I need to quit smoking and take my health more seriously. She spends as much time as needed with me for each visit.