Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Victim on Dec 7th, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever seen. This place is not a pain clinic. They will keep you in pain to make money off of you.

Amazed! show details Amazed!
by Darla R. on Dec 7th, 2015

I am amazed at some of the reviews I read. I have been going to Dr. Jayaram for over 10 years. I was in horrible shape when I first saw this wonderful caring man. The reviews that say otherwise are all wrong. I believe he was not given a chance to show you how he could help. He has helped me all these years and could not stand my life and pain without him. He cares so deeply about others and their pain, I trust him and have never had any bad vibes about him. Dr Jayaram is definitely my angel who has made my life bearable. Thank you so much Dr. Jayaram and I give him 5 stars.

Horrible show details Horrible
Aug 18th, 2015

Going to PMC and seeing this doctor have been one of the worst experience I have ever had. I have been in pain management for over ten years before going there. When I saw him I was told they don't use short acting medication and was told short acting medication with long acting medication causes death, that was news to me seeing as I had taken short and long acting together for 10 years. So he dropped my overall medication by over P as well as putting me on weaker medication as well as no short acting meds. It was then a mystery to them as to why I could not make the meds last. They don't think tolerance is a real thing and largely believe that pain meds don't do much. But the will force u to get injections even if u tell them they have not worked in the past. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS

Top notch Physician & pain mitigation expert. show details Top notch Physician & pain mitigation expert.
by John W Rudolph (Johndolph) on Dec 9th, 2014

Dr Ashok Jayaram is a fine man and pain expert. He helped me immeasurably with my pain.

Worst doctor and medical office ever! show details Worst doctor and medical office ever!
Feb 21st, 2013

They can't follow their own rules, appointments are a waste of time. Dr. Jayaram regularly contradicts himself. They have caused me great pain and stress!! Horrible people!!!

Nov 28th, 2012

This doctor seems to be motivated mostly by greed. Ethics are questionable. I ask for help on my first visit...was told he would not take me as a patient because I was taking 5 mg of Klonipin per day. He handed me a referral sheet to make the visit legally billable to Medicare, then proceeded to bill them for $292. My share of cost for asking for help was $144. He turned it over to collections when I refused to pay.

Dr. is RUDE show details Dr. is RUDE
Feb 17th, 2012

Was seen by him for chronic pain, was treated like a criminal, he acts like you are only there to gets pills to re-sell them. I was there for pain relief and got nothing but chastised for wanting to feel better.. I will not be back, nor will I ever refer anyone to him or his office..

Beware find someone else show details Beware find someone else
Jun 18th, 2011

Does not listen or care about my concerns. Pushes his ideas on you. Highly Not recommended.

a good doctor show details a good doctor
Mar 15th, 2011

thats it - he is a good doctor.

Thorough, multi-faceted approach to chronic pain show details Thorough, multi-faceted approach to chronic pain
Nov 23rd, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Jayaram for ten years now, and have to say that he is my all around favorite Doctor for his sensitive, careful approach to helping me to deal with intractable pain. He is good at helping me deal with the pain, always willing to listen, and inclined to try new things.

by KL on Dec 18th, 2009

I came across this site by chance. But I am compelled to speak out. This Mr Nightmare must be a nightmare patient. I have been seeing Dr Jayram for years now and he is wonderfull!

Jun 5th, 2009

Dr. J is an exceptional doctor. People in chronic pain know how difficult it is to have a doctor who cares. He does!

Caring; Compasionate; Sense of Humor show details Caring; Compasionate; Sense of Humor
by Sandy O. on May 17th, 2009

I think Dr. Jayaram is great. He took plenty of time with me on my first visit. I have to disagree with "Mr. Nightmare". Many of his problems appear to have been generated by his insurance company (i.e.; the psychologic work up: it is often required by insurance prior to any treatment to verify that pain is not a psychological issue) Anyway, I found every aspect of Pain Management Consultants to be excellent and professional. At no time ever, did I experience anything less. I have had at least 5 appointments to date and plan to have further treatments in the near future.

Mar 3rd, 2009

Can be difficult to work with if you don't agree with him. He gave my other Drs. no credibiality even when they tried to work with him. He's rigid.