2.5

Student show details Student
by K on Jun 25th, 2016

I agree with others on this doctor as far as not looking at the patient, only at his computer, maybe he doesn't want to make the person uncomfortable. But yes he says once a month follow up where the other doctors are 3 months, do that's a greedy Indian thing. Now that I have insurance, going back to my old Doctor, he was so kind. Wish I had never left . However I would not say he is awful, polite but not so open, that could be his personality. The office staff is pretty awful.

Jan 22nd, 2016

Dr. Patel's demeanor was pompos and condisending. He made it obvious that he viewed me as inferior intellually and incenuatated that my prior Psychrist was less than competent. He talked about altering the dosage on a couple of my medications, when I asked him if he could write down the changes, he "huffed", grabbed the bottled and wrote the changes on the bottles. It was all I could do not to not tell him how unprofessional his behavior is perceived.

Jun 30th, 2015

Worst, avoid at all costs.

Cattle call medicine show details Cattle call medicine
Jun 8th, 2015

When calling this very large, poorly staffed, wholesale medical pracetice, you will wait on hold 5 to 10 minutes before speaking to a staff member. Dr. Patel comes across as disinterested. If your pharmacy calls for refill authorization, neither they nor you will receive the courtesy of a return call.

Jun 2nd, 2015

I understand a psychiatrist is not a therapist. A psychiatrist needs to have an idea what's going on their patients life though. If a psychiatrist and a therapist of a patient who is struggling could work together and converse. I truly believe this gives all parties involved would benefit enormously.

Patient show details Patient
by Margot Hauberg-Bucchi on Feb 27th, 2015

Ashok Patel is the worst Psychiatrist I have ever had. He has a terrible bed side manner. He is stupid, and rude!!! He thinks he's intelligent, but he isn't intelligent enough to know that he is in the wrong profession!

Avoid show details Avoid
Dec 31st, 2014

This doctor is one of the most unprofessional and overall,poor mental health specialist that I have ever been unfortunate enough to have encountered. He is clearly insurance driven, lacks any compassion, refused to work or speak to any of my existing providers, and not once looked at me- instead focused on his computer. I could not recommend to anyone.

Avoid this doctor at all costs. show details Avoid this doctor at all costs.
Oct 28th, 2014

This doctor has horrible bedside manner. He barely looked at me during the interview; his face was glued to the computer screen. I walked out with the script, but I went home and shredded it. I wasn't there to get medicated. I was there to receive help, and I was hoping that the doctor would be open to further work-up...not a prescription for psychotropic meds. I would NEVER recommend him in this lifetime. Why did he become a doctor if he can't even pretend to like people?

Nice man show details Nice man
by Corey B. on Jun 27th, 2014

this doctor is very professional, he asks you how can he help you when you go to the hospital or when in his office although I was only seen by him once in the office before he referred me to hisinterns or

WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD, AVOID THIS MAN, HE IS VERY CONDESCENDING, ALL ABOUT $$$$ COULD CARE LESS ABOUT PATIENTS show details WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD, AVOID THIS MAN, HE IS VERY CONDESCENDING, ALL ABOUT $$$$ COULD CARE LESS ABOUT PATIENTS
by Carl Gordon on Apr 9th, 2014

AVOID THIS DOCTOR!! I walked in and waited an hour which is normal now days for new patients. When he came out he called me by my first name, again no big deal but what really upset me.....as I walked up to great him he looked me up and down and scowled. He did not offer a handshake, just turned and said "follow me" we walked into his office and he started in on what type of insurance do I have and that I need to make sure I pay my copay. I was infuriated, this man was all about the money. Very self serving and obnoxious. He was very condescending and made me feel like I was not worthy of being seen by him. Being an Indian doctor he was very snooty and I have numerous friends who are from India who are fantastic people and have good hearts. THIS MAN GIVES HIS OWN RACE A BAD REPUTATION!! Shame on him for not being true to his medical oath and shame on him for giving his own people a bad reputation. The entire clinic had over 50 (no exaggeration) patients waiting. He made it clear that I would need to see him once a month. My doctor of over 15 years saw me every three months to renew my script. He lied and said that per the DEA he must see his patients every month. I happen to know for a fact that the meds I have been getting for the past ten (10) years you have to go in every three months NOT EVERY MONTH!! Dr. Patels practice is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and he could care less about the patient. AVOID THIS TERRIBLE DOCTOR!! He does not deserve to be called a doctor.

Scary show details Scary
by KLR on Sep 5th, 2013

He would call my name - make me follow him - I would sit across from his desk where he would refuse to engage in any meaningful conversation - his main interest is writing scripts. You are in danger with this man as your "healer." Heal thyself. Anti-social? You bet he is. It is not possible to rate no stars so he gets 1 regardless of being undeserving. The office staff has such a high turnover there is no consistency. Do not walk - run~!

Horrible doctor... Would give him no stars if I could! show details Horrible doctor... Would give him no stars if I could!
Aug 6th, 2013

Worst doctor I have ever seen. You spend 30 minutes waiting for your appointment and see the doctor for 3. He doesn't look at you when he sees you and will prescribe anything you tell him to. Then he wants to see you every two months or refuses to Fill your scripts even if you are out. He should have his license revoked. If you are in need of a caring doctor do not see dr Patel. I fear for anyone needing real help going to him. They would probably go home and hurt themselves or worse!

Professional Helpful show details Professional Helpful
by Jim M on Apr 20th, 2013

Most people seeing at psychiatrist are having a difficult time...that's why they are there. Dr. Patel has a very professional attitude and although his accent is a little difficult it is certainly not impossible. He listens well and knows what he is doing. Everyone may not like him but I think he is great. Thoughtful and helpful. He does care. That's what his patients need. That' what I needed. Fine professional highly recommend.

Run, don't walk away from this man! show details Run, don't walk away from this man!
Sep 27th, 2012

Dr Patel is the worst practicioner, of any discipline that I have ever encountered. Does not pretend to care. Asks you for the details of your prescription needs as he is filling out prescriptions. I have had several visits where there wasn't even eye contact!! This is a med factory. I am concerned about anyone who is in any kind of fragile condition thinking that this is "care" Please seek another MD You deserve better. Good Luck.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
Jul 24th, 2012

Very patient and understanding. He took the time to listen and ask questions. Follow-up appointment was scheduled immediately.

Aug 22nd, 2010

This doctor should have his license revoked! After waiting almost an hour I sat with him in his office telling him my problems only to have the phone ring constantly or him make calls to get someone else admitted. He talked more on the phone than he ever talked to me. I highly doubt he was even listening.By that being my first visit ever to a psychiatrist it made me look at them a different way and I never have been back to one since. I figure I can solve my own problems than go through that embarrassment and money pit ever again.By the way, it has been three years since that day and it has no doubt scarred me for life.