3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Patient show details Patient
by Margot Hauberg-Bucchi on Feb 27th, 2015

Ashok Patel is the worst Psychiatrist I have ever had. He has a terrible bed side manner. He is stupid, and rude!!! He thinks he's intelligent, but he isn't intelligent enough to know that he is in the wrong profession!

Avoid show details Avoid
Dec 31st, 2014

This doctor is one of the most unprofessional and overall,poor mental health specialist that I have ever been unfortunate enough to have encountered. He is clearly insurance driven, lacks any compassion, refused to work or speak to any of my existing providers, and not once looked at me- instead focused on his computer. I could not recommend to anyone.

Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Patel takes time to listen to correct my concerns and takes the appropriate action needed to address any concerns that I may have

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Avoid this doctor at all costs. show details Avoid this doctor at all costs.
Oct 28th, 2014

This doctor has horrible bedside manner. He barely looked at me during the interview; his face was glued to the computer screen. I walked out with the script, but I went home and shredded it. I wasn't there to get medicated. I was there to receive help, and I was hoping that the doctor would be open to further work-up...not a prescription for psychotropic meds. I would NEVER recommend him in this lifetime. Why did he become a doctor if he can't even pretend to like people?

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It is sometimes hard to get thru the phones. It will ring and ring or just be busy. For meds refills between appointments, you sometimes have to leave a message with Brian. He is great when he calls you back tho. Have a list ready for discussion.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

very good doctor listens to you and is very helpful make you feel like he cares about your well being

Jul 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

A very good and kind physician.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Nice man show details Nice man
by Corey B. on Jun 27th, 2014

this doctor is very professional, he asks you how can he help you when you go to the hospital or when in his office although I was only seen by him once in the office before he referred me to hisinterns or

Jun 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Initially when I came into his office, is was obvious that he did not have a record of my last visit (my first). Ultimately, he found my information on his computer. Very uncomfortable for me. Also, his spoken word is hard to hear due to his accent.

May 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been under Dr. Patel's care since 2009. He is by far one of the most intelligent individuals in his field. He handles himself in a very professional manner, sharing knowledge in all areas of life. He has given me the appropriate guidance needed.

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Pill pusher !

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very impressed with the short wait for quality care. My last doctor we'd wait over an hour and a half to go to the exam room. Then another half hour to see him. I dreaded going there! So happy I switched psychiatrists!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD, AVOID THIS MAN, HE IS VERY CONDESCENDING, ALL ABOUT $$$$ COULD CARE LESS ABOUT PATIENTS show details WORST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD, AVOID THIS MAN, HE IS VERY CONDESCENDING, ALL ABOUT $$$$ COULD CARE LESS ABOUT PATIENTS
by Carl Gordon on Apr 9th, 2014

AVOID THIS DOCTOR!! I walked in and waited an hour which is normal now days for new patients. When he came out he called me by my first name, again no big deal but what really upset me.....as I walked up to great him he looked me up and down and scowled. He did not offer a handshake, just turned and said "follow me" we walked into his office and he started in on what type of insurance do I have and that I need to make sure I pay my copay. I was infuriated, this man was all about the money. Very self serving and obnoxious. He was very condescending and made me feel like I was not worthy of being seen by him. Being an Indian doctor he was very snooty and I have numerous friends who are from India who are fantastic people and have good hearts. THIS MAN GIVES HIS OWN RACE A BAD REPUTATION!! Shame on him for not being true to his medical oath and shame on him for giving his own people a bad reputation. The entire clinic had over 50 (no exaggeration) patients waiting. He made it clear that I would need to see him once a month. My doctor of over 15 years saw me every three months to renew my script. He lied and said that per the DEA he must see his patients every month. I happen to know for a fact that the meds I have been getting for the past ten (10) years you have to go in every three months NOT EVERY MONTH!! Dr. Patels practice is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY and he could care less about the patient. AVOID THIS TERRIBLE DOCTOR!! He does not deserve to be called a doctor.

Scary show details Scary
by KLR on Sep 5th, 2013

He would call my name - make me follow him - I would sit across from his desk where he would refuse to engage in any meaningful conversation - his main interest is writing scripts. You are in danger with this man as your "healer." Heal thyself. Anti-social? You bet he is. It is not possible to rate no stars so he gets 1 regardless of being undeserving. The office staff has such a high turnover there is no consistency. Do not walk - run~!

Horrible doctor... Would give him no stars if I could! show details Horrible doctor... Would give him no stars if I could!
Aug 6th, 2013

Worst doctor I have ever seen. You spend 30 minutes waiting for your appointment and see the doctor for 3. He doesn't look at you when he sees you and will prescribe anything you tell him to. Then he wants to see you every two months or refuses to Fill your scripts even if you are out. He should have his license revoked. If you are in need of a caring doctor do not see dr Patel. I fear for anyone needing real help going to him. They would probably go home and hurt themselves or worse!

Professional Helpful show details Professional Helpful
by Jim M on Apr 20th, 2013

Most people seeing at psychiatrist are having a difficult time...that's why they are there. Dr. Patel has a very professional attitude and although his accent is a little difficult it is certainly not impossible. He listens well and knows what he is doing. Everyone may not like him but I think he is great. Thoughtful and helpful. He does care. That's what his patients need. That' what I needed. Fine professional highly recommend.

A Psyc Doctor, that only wants the Best for you. show details A Psyc Doctor, that only wants the Best for you.
by JOHN C. on Apr 16th, 2013

Dr Patel, is highly skilled, knows his Profession. He may not agree with you all the time, but has your best interest at heart. Office maybe always full, but each patient seen in 10-15 minutes of appointment. Unheard of in his Profession. Amazing how many Patients he can see in a day. Be honest with Him, and he will go out of his way to Help you. Partner is just as good, with great Personality too. If you need someone in his field, I would recommend to all. His Medical Interns have learned well, and he demands from his Students the same service you expect from Him..Thanks Doctor P., John

Run, don't walk away from this man! show details Run, don't walk away from this man!
Sep 27th, 2012

Dr Patel is the worst practicioner, of any discipline that I have ever encountered. Does not pretend to care. Asks you for the details of your prescription needs as he is filling out prescriptions. I have had several visits where there wasn't even eye contact!! This is a med factory. I am concerned about anyone who is in any kind of fragile condition thinking that this is "care" Please seek another MD You deserve better. Good Luck.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
Jul 24th, 2012

Very patient and understanding. He took the time to listen and ask questions. Follow-up appointment was scheduled immediately.

Jul 8th, 2011

Simply put?The man is an A$$.He is NOT the person to see if you need mental health help>

Aug 22nd, 2010

This doctor should have his license revoked! After waiting almost an hour I sat with him in his office telling him my problems only to have the phone ring constantly or him make calls to get someone else admitted. He talked more on the phone than he ever talked to me. I highly doubt he was even listening.By that being my first visit ever to a psychiatrist it made me look at them a different way and I never have been back to one since. I figure I can solve my own problems than go through that embarrassment and money pit ever again.By the way, it has been three years since that day and it has no doubt scarred me for life.