Dr. Ashok Modh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ashok Modh?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Ashok Modh?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

August 15th, 2017

Beware Insurance Abuse

1) Dr. Modh sees too many patients in one day that he cannot possibly keep an appointment nor provide any meaningful interaction with his 'customers'. While charismatic, he runs his practice with a revolving door. 2) The office staff at the W. Waters Ave location is soley focused on collecting fees regardless of their agreements with the insurance coverage providers. Eg. Policy stipulates an Out of Pocket Maximum, after which claims are covered 100%. However, even knowing this to be the case, the insurance collector in the office will still submit an invoice to the patient and advise them it's better to pay the office now and get a refund from the Insurance provider, then to call the insurance provider and question the current amounts due. Further, their were code for service related but not ordered ON MY BILL prior to even seeing the Dr. I was to have been charged for a sleep study and some DME and the insurance collector disclosed this unintentionally, as it was not to have been shared with me until after my appointment. Dr. Modh and his associates are paid by the number of patients they can process through billing in a day. He has Zero incentive to take time with each and ensure the things for which we are charged are medically necessary. The insurance company demands this of the med. provider and is not getting it in this case. This is a revolving door with a cash register inside.

May 18th, 2016

Ex-patient

He is an awful doctor, and his office staff is right there w/ him. It took 3 months and 2 sleep studies before I received a CPap machine, and this was only after being hospitalized 3 times in between the office appts/sleep studies. And I finally had to throw a fit to get the machine ordered, even though I was told I have SEVERE SLEEP APNEA. This man does not care, and his staff doesn't either. One of them even hung up on me one day when I was calling to report I could not breath. I finally went to another Pulmonologist, after a 4th hospitalization, and it was discovered I needed a BiPAP machine because the sleep apnea (and resulting problems) is so severe. Dr Modh once mentioned I might need a 3rd sleep study but then told me to "come back in 2 months". He never listens to anything you say. I'm just glad I found another Pulmonary MD who seems to care enough about a patient's condition to at least TRY and find a solution.

November 17th, 2015

calling for info

The office staff were rude and transferred my call a couple of times and then I was disconnected. Called right back and the same sequence of events took place. Was able to speak with Dr. Modh directly and boy was he anything but pleasant. I dont understand how these people get off handling people like they do. I'm surprised he's been practicing for 41 years and still has patients coming to see him. People beware!

November 3rd, 2015

Awful treatment and service

I went to Dr Modh for an appointment for difficulties of breathing. After waiting 20 minutes in the office, the Dr. comes in and introduces himself an then proceeds to text someone back right in front of me before examing me. He listens to the lung sounds and then answers a phone call in the room ( family related ) coordinating when he was going to meet them after work. He orders a test and after ruling out a specific condtion, I come back for a follow up. I was suppose to have a PFT scheduled for that day, but because the dr was so caught up in his phone he failed to indicate in his notes so when I came in there was not technician to perform the test... so I was told to come back another time after scheduling my day around this appointment. The service was awful and will never come back. If you are looking for bedside manner and patient care find someone else.

July 18th, 2012

Couldnt even make an appointment!

Horrible front office staff! I called to make an appointment and I was transferred 7 different times to 5 different girls and none of them could figure out how to make an appointment. The last time I was transferred I sat on hold for 5 minutes. Eventually I hung up and called right back assuming they forgot about me, and when I called back I was sent to the emergency hotline because they had turned off their phones at 3pm while I had spent almost an hour on the phone being bounced around from girl to girl and then back to the sameone I started with. I'm going to find another office to go to if they can't even make appointments I can only imagine the treatment.

April 24th, 2012

excellent

October 1st, 2011

not good

When I first started to go there he was ok, but after I had been there he was not the least bit sympathic and seemed to just want me out of his office...I had a problem and he didn't even want to discuss it and didn't..I do not think much of him for that very reason...He seems to be there for the money and that is all..I heard others talking about what a jerk he was also...

June 23rd, 2015