Dr. Ashok Modh MD Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 5 reviews

May 18th, 2016
Ex-patient
He is an awful doctor, and his office staff is right there w/ him. It took 3 months and 2 sleep studies before I received a CPap machine, and this was only after being hospitalized 3 times in between the office appts/sleep studies. And I finally had to throw a fit to get the machine ordered, even though I was told I have SEVERE SLEEP APNEA. This man does not care, and his staff doesn't either. One of them even hung up on me one day when I was calling to report I could not breath. I finally went to another Pulmonologist, after a 4th hospitalization, and it was discovered I needed a BiPAP machine because the sleep apnea (and resulting problems) is so severe. Dr Modh once mentioned I might need a 3rd sleep study but then told me to "come back in 2 months". He never listens to anything you say. I'm just glad I found another Pulmonary MD who seems to care enough about a patient's condition to at least TRY and find a solution.

November 17th, 2015
calling for info
The office staff were rude and transferred my call a couple of times and then I was disconnected. Called right back and the same sequence of events took place. Was able to speak with Dr. Modh directly and boy was he anything but pleasant. I dont understand how these people get off handling people like they do. I'm surprised he's been practicing for 41 years and still has patients coming to see him. People beware!

November 3rd, 2015
Awful treatment and service
I went to Dr Modh for an appointment for difficulties of breathing. After waiting 20 minutes in the office, the Dr. comes in and introduces himself an then proceeds to text someone back right in front of me before examing me. He listens to the lung sounds and then answers a phone call in the room ( family related ) coordinating when he was going to meet them after work. He orders a test and after ruling out a specific condtion, I come back for a follow up. I was suppose to have a PFT scheduled for that day, but because the dr was so caught up in his phone he failed to indicate in his notes so when I came in there was not technician to perform the test... so I was told to come back another time after scheduling my day around this appointment. The service was awful and will never come back. If you are looking for bedside manner and patient care find someone else.

July 18th, 2012
Couldnt even make an appointment!
Horrible front office staff! I called to make an appointment and I was transferred 7 different times to 5 different girls and none of them could figure out how to make an appointment. The last time I was transferred I sat on hold for 5 minutes. Eventually I hung up and called right back assuming they forgot about me, and when I called back I was sent to the emergency hotline because they had turned off their phones at 3pm while I had spent almost an hour on the phone being bounced around from girl to girl and then back to the sameone I started with. I'm going to find another office to go to if they can't even make appointments I can only imagine the treatment.

October 1st, 2011
not good
When I first started to go there he was ok, but after I had been there he was not the least bit sympathic and seemed to just want me out of his office...I had a problem and he didn't even want to discuss it and didn't..I do not think much of him for that very reason...He seems to be there for the money and that is all..I heard others talking about what a jerk he was also...